Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TDM Question

I have a problem w/ the TDM on 2 lanes. I have wired all of my machines (Jap A2) to trigger the solenoid when the rake drops even if the machine is powered down. On the 2 machines in question, the solenoid fails to fire when I use a ZOT solid state TDM. If you watch the light on the TDM it fires, but the solenoid never engages. Said TDM will work fine on another lane. If I switch it to an older style TDM it also works fine . Wire 19 is wired hot as well as wire 14. What could could be wired differently on these 2 lanes that might cause this?

Thanks for the help.

Wire 58 should be removed from the thermal overload and attached to either TS1-H, RL3-1 or to the bottom of the circuit breaker where wire 6 attaches. I used the circuit breaker myself as the wire is just long enough to get to the connection.

Wire 11 should go to TS1-E instead of TS1-D
    TSM & TSM Training Development
    Main Event Entertainment
    480-620-6758 for help or information

Comment

What I meant to say was that terminal 19(wire 58) & 14(wire 54) on the TDM are wired hot. Wire 58 goes to RL3-1 & 54 goes to RL2-3. Wire 11 was still at TS1-D. I moved it and all works fine. Thanks! Couple of questions though. When I first started installing the ZOT TDM's I ran into the same problem, but it was solved by moving wire 54. I never did move wire 11 on any of them. If I move wire 11 do I shouldn't need to move wire 54, should I? Why does how I had them wired originally work on the older style TDM's but not the solid State? And why does it work for some TDM's but not others. I just want to understand it. Thanks again for the help.

Comment

Wire 54 is normally "hot" regardless. You should not have to move it anywhere. Why does it work on some machines and not on others? Depends on what previous mechanics might have done to the electrical box before you got there.

As far as old TDM's versus newer solid state TDM's...if the wires are in the correct positions...it makes no difference. If everything is hot even when the machine is off...it will still pull the solenoid. Now...on some setups guys have wired wire 54 so it was not hot when the machine is off...so if the rake falls while the machine is off...the TDM not being powered will not notice it. When the machine is turned on...it would then see the rake down and trigger. On newer solid state TDM's...some would not recognize the rake being down and just sit there. But this is if the TDM is not hot when the machine is off.

Hope that helps...
        TSM & TSM Training Development
        Main Event Entertainment
        480-620-6758 for help or information

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse