Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ball lift electrical problem

Last night for no apparent reason the lift on 23-24 was running backwards when turned on for league, just to appease myself I told the counter to shut it off and turn it back on and presto running correct. Now every other time it is running the correct direction, I am guessing a relay but do you think it will be up front in the lift or on the accelerator?

thanks in advance
    Drill

David Bolt
    Champaign, IL
    USBC Silver Coach
    IBPSIA BOD
    IBPSIA Advanced
    Technical Certified
    Pro Shops

Drill, I had the same thing here just a few weeks ago. It was a bad capacitor on the motor.

Dave
    When I die bury my balls next to the old bag!

Comment

Until you get it fixed, if you use the belt to start the motor rotation before you turn it on, and start it the right direction, it will start and run that way. You can use the switch at the return control box to do this. It is a known issue with some of the QAMF lift motors.
      You can also start and run it backwards to test the theory. If the motor is good, and you try to start it in reverse, it will stop that direction and reverse and start and run the right way.
      This post is not an unpaid promotion of my business.

Comment

Great post Ted

mike
        DO A NEAT CLEAN JOB, AND FIX IT RIGHT THE FIRST TIME. THE ONLY WAY TO WORK.

Comment

Thank you!
          Drill

David Bolt
          Champaign, IL
          USBC Silver Coach
          IBPSIA BOD
          IBPSIA Advanced
          Technical Certified
          Pro Shops

Comment

I would not recommend using the belt to start the rotation as this could cause an injury. Best thing would be to diagnose the issue and replace the bad components. You should find either a bad capacitor as stated above or the start switch may have gone bad. (Or any of the connections going to either of these) Either of these would result in what you are seeing.
            TSM & TSM Training Development
            Main Event Entertainment
            480-620-6758 for help or information

Comment

Changed the capacitor out and the lift did the same thing, changed out with a new motor and everything is fine. I have no idea as I inspected all the wiring and it looked fine no brittle wires and everything was tight.
              Drill

David Bolt
              Champaign, IL
              USBC Silver Coach
              IBPSIA BOD
              IBPSIA Advanced
              Technical Certified
              Pro Shops

Comment

Drill...check the start switch...could be where the issue is hiding.
                TSM & TSM Training Development
                Main Event Entertainment
                480-620-6758 for help or information

Comment

Although I don't usually see this in 110vac motors but it would be more common on 220vac or any house that supply's power to these motors and pinsetters from a 3-phase electrical panel. Not meaning they that 3-phase is being run to the motor, just that the power distribution from the 3-phase panel may have something to do with it.
                  I have seen this before but normally under these circumstances.
                  "Efficiency is, doing better what is already being done!"
                  Pinsetter Technical Services 214-505-7663

Comment

going to be in the switch as steve said or possibly in the start winding itself. Not impossible to be either and not "see" anything.
                    ME&My68

There's no such thing as idiot proof, it just makes a better idiot!

Comment

Just had this happen two days ago at one of my customers locations with the same motor (front power lift). We removed the motor and took it to the Electric Motor shop. The diagnosis was a bad starting coil. Once the repair was made, the (same) motor ran fine.
                      Just thought I would share this with you all.
                      "Efficiency is, doing better what is already being done!"
                      Pinsetter Technical Services 214-505-7663

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse