Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OOR on 2 lanes

Lanes 3 & 13
    These two lanes have 4X the out of ranges as the other 18 combined. Shakers seem clean, no oil leaks ect. Is there anything to do? We strip and oil and spray the pin decks. it works for the other 18 lanes just fine!!
    Dustin

If it's just the two lanes, I would try the "no-slide pin spots" from PPP. Here's a link:
    http://pinsetterpartsplus.com/No-SlidePinSpot.htm

Another alternative is the "OOR eliminator."

Comment

I mix a spray bottle with a lil bleach and water spray n let dry prob goes away for awhile till sprayed agin.Virtually no cost for expnsive stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by SoCalTom View Post
        Another alternative is the "OOR eliminator."
        What is that? Never heard of it? Do you mean the auto kits?

Marty - Pro Bowl West
        56 Jap A-2's Qubica VDB's
        2 Kustodian Walkers
        http://s1196.photobucket.com/albums/aa408/a2mechanic

Comment

Check the bottom of the pins for damage and for shrinkage. (ie wood retracted and only the plastic sitting on the lane) It could be that something on those two lanes is nicking up the collar on the base of the pin.
          If you think my girlfriend can fight, you should see her box!

Comment

[QUOTE=SoCalTom;466771]If it's just the two lanes, I would try the "no-slide pin spots" from PPP. Here's a link:
            http://pinsetterpartsplus.com/No-SlidePinSpot.htm

There was a thread a little while ago talking about the damage the no-slide pin spots cause to the pindecks. I would lean toward something about the pins in these two machines. Try changing the pins to different lanes.
            (Psalm 37:29) The righteous themselves will possess the earth, And they will reside forever upon it.

Comment

A few months back Brunswick came out with a service bulletin that some of they're pins were having issues with the bottoms and causing out of ranges. We changed pins on a couple of really bad OOR lanes and the problem went away. If you have newer Brunswick pins, like in the last year, I would change them out.

As far as the auto OOR device, they are a good idea but I don't care for them because what if you have a detector problem or an OOR problem caused by your lane machine? You would never know about it.

Comment

Check to be sure the pin decks are tight to the foundation. Loose pin decks can cause OOR's.
                TSM & TSM Training Development
                Main Event Entertainment
                480-620-6758 for help or information

Comment

Originally posted by Marty Murphy View Post
                  What is that? Never heard of it? Do you mean the auto kits?
                  OOR eliminators or auto OOR kits are one in the same.
                  Originally posted by Bernie View Post
                  As far as the auto OOR device, they are a good idea but I don't care for them because what if you have a detector problem or an OOR problem caused by your lane machine? You would never know about it.
                  This is why you power up the machines after running the lanes. When the pinsetters cycle, you have a front row seat to all of the machines, and can see if they screw up or work as they should.

If you have the OOR eliminators, you will not have an OOR during open play; however, you may have to clear deadwood during leagues. But, even with the OOR eliminators, it's a very good idea to clean the pin decks and check the pins. It's also a good time to get rid of any broken pins.

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse