• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finding the right motor

Posted this in General Forum but better here:
    http://www.grainger.com/Grainger/wwg...tml?type=motor
    click motors
    I'm going fishing and camping!

Any suggestion on a "good" motor to run on A2 with 230V. There seems to be alot of different models to choose from.

Buying a new Universal Pinsetter Motor (pn 12-752056-000) from my "local" supplier of Brunswick-parts would cost me over NOK 9500,- (that is approx US$ 1650,-) and that's no shipping/freight/delivery included.

Comment

I use http://www.grainger.com/Grainger/DAYTON-Farm-Duty-Motor-1TMY6? for my motor replacements. I mount them on the rubber shakerpit mounts to lift it up enough to keep the belts off the cross conveyor. They work great on my 208v A-machines, just have to drill new holes in the mounting plate. Their rated for 115/230 so I would guess they'd work on about any A or A2 application.

Comment

Hello again.
        Finally ordered the motor in the previous post: http://www.grainger.com/Grainger/DAYTON-Farm-Duty-Motor-1TMY6? and got it today. Shaft is wrong diameter.
        What other motor from Grainger is good to use on my A-2's, and has the correct diameter on the shaft. This is the main pinsetter motor i'm talking about, not ball booster or elevator on the approach.
        Any suggestions?
        What is the correct shaft diameter?

As for the wrong motor i've got; too expensive to return. Cost about the same in shipping as the motor itself.

Just a thought. Could it be possible to (looking for english word.....) shim(?) out the shaft with a lining (google translate to the rescue?) so i can use this motor after all. Should be able to get one manufactured here locally i guess.

Hope someone can help Would be nice to have all 6 lanes running, instead of just 5.

Comment

When ordering an aftermarket motor, you need to get all information of your motor. Grainger has a place you can punch all that information in and they will try to match your motor.
          I'm going fishing and camping!

Comment

My bad for not checking good enough. But is there different shaft diameter for A's and A-2's? Guy above used that motor for his A's and if i remember correctly you can change the motor pulley to an A, A-2 and JetBack to get different speed for your gearbox and elevator. Or something like that.

Comment

Motor lining.png
              Anyone think this might be a good idea? To make some sort of lining since the shaft diamater on the motor is smaller than the hole diameter on the pulley.
              Image is just something i threw togheter in SketchUp and not to size at all.

Comment

Originally posted by FBS View Post
                [ATTACH=CONFIG]7879[/ATTACH]
                Anyone think this might be a good idea? To make some sort of lining since the shaft diamater on the motor is smaller than the hole diameter on the pulley.
                Image is just something i threw togheter in SketchUp and not to size at all.
                This can be done, but you will need to ensure that the pully can not just slide off the motor shaft. The liner would need to be press fitted into the pully, and the liner would need a hole for the pully set screw(s) to clamp all the way to the motor shaft. It will likly be necessary to use longer set screws in your pully to reach all the way from the pully (where the threads are), through the liner, to clamp onto the motor shaft.

If the gap between the shaft OD and the pully ID is large enough, I'm sure a local machine shop should be able to make one for you.

Another idea would be to take the pully to your local machine shop, and have them weld a bar into the pully hole (or press in a very tight fitting metal slug into the pully). Then they would have to drill the pully to the correct size and cut a key slot to mate up to your motor. Last they will need to drill and tap the hole for the set screw to clamp the pully onto the motor shaft. They should be carefull not to over heat the pully so it does not deform because of the welding heat.
                Last edited by bsb001; 11-24-2014, 12:33 PM.
                "If you don't have the time to do it right the first time, when will you ever find the time to do it over?" - Unknown

Comment

That motor has a shaft diameter of 5/8 which should be correct. You should be able to order a pulley for it.
                  (Psalm 37:29) The righteous themselves will possess the earth, And they will reside forever upon it.

Comment

Oops! Sorry! The shaft diameter should be 7/8 not 5/8.Late post last night, brain must have been unplugged! But you still might be able to get a pulley for that diameter shaft.
                    (Psalm 37:29) The righteous themselves will possess the earth, And they will reside forever upon it.

Comment

Pinsetter motor with 7/8 shaft, 1 1/2 hp. Grainger #1tmx5 and 3m130 for the adapter if you need it. I bought one and put it on right away. Works great.

Comment

...or return the motor? Grainger takes darn near everything back.
                        TSM & TSM Training Development
                        Main Event Entertainment
                        480-620-6758 for help or information

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Stafford (JBEES) View Post
                          ...or return the motor? Grainger takes darn near everything back.
                          Agreed

Just call them up and tell them you made a mistake. I've returned many things with no questions asked. One if which were motors I bought for accelerators.

Comment

Originally posted by House View Post
                            Agreed

Just call them up and tell them you made a mistake. I've returned many things with no questions asked. One if which were motors I bought for accelerators.

As for the wrong motor i've got; too expensive to return. Cost about the same in shipping as the motor itself.

Go to remember he lives in Finnsnes, Norway. I bet shipping and import/export tariffs are a B$%#H.
                            "If you don't have the time to do it right the first time, when will you ever find the time to do it over?" - Unknown

Comment

Hello again.
                              Finally ordered the motor in the previous post: http://www.grainger.com/Grainger/DAYTON-Farm-Duty-Motor-1TMY6? and got it today. Shaft is wrong diameter.
                              What other motor from Grainger is good to use on my A-2's, and has the correct diameter on the shaft. This is the main pinsetter motor i'm talking about, not ball booster or elevator on the approach.
                              Any suggestions?
                              What is the correct shaft diameter?

Just a thought. Could it be possible to (looking for english word.....) shim(?) out the shaft with a lining (google translate to the rescue?) so i can use this motor after all. Should be able to get one manufactured here locally i guess.

Hope someone can help Would be nice to have all 6 lanes running, instead of just 5.

The shaft diameter is 7/8". The problem is you have a 60hz motor and you need a 50hz. So there will be issues with the coil burning.

http://www.amcbowlingproducts.com

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse