Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• motor contactor

I had someone tell me that there was a solid state motor contactor on the market and if so where can these be bought?
    This is on Brunswick machines.

Ron

Not necessarily a plug-in-play kind of swap. Depends on if you have a 2-pole Deltronics type contactor, or 3-pole Federal Pacific also.

I use these, converted over when I rewired my boxes:
    W92S7A22D-120-MGC-BCK-MED.JPG

This is a Magnecraft DPST-NO 30a Relay (Grainger Part #
    6CWY1 = $14.01ea. w/BPAA discount, or order from futureelectronics.com for $6.05 Part#:
    W92S7A22D-120
    )
    Got them on all 32 of my machines, oldest box is about 2 years old now, haven't had any problems with them.

I had the Fed Pac's, however I did a complete rebuild of my boxes to incorporate newer style relays:
    ebox11-after.jpg

You can see the new "Contactor" on the bottom of the box there.

Comment

i dont see a time delay

Comment

The box pictured above is from an 'A' machine, no time delays there. We do have a make shift rake drop mechanism which basically consists of a reset solenoid that trips the rake. ET-2001 automatic triggering with 2 outputs. 1st output (far left cube relay) trips the rake, 2nd output (middle cube relay) resets machine. The cube relay on the right is the motor-start relay.

I just went to all of our sister centers and showed the mechanics how to get rid of the time-delay board if they have auto-triggering. $14 for the base & relay beats the heck out of $120 for a new TDM.

Comment

Originally posted by papajohn View Post
          i dont see a time delay
          Many auto-scoring computers have a ball detection system, which has its own time delay. This means that the TDM can be removed from A-2 and Jetback machines, and replaced with a cube relay.

In fact, if a ball detect system has dry contacts, 24VAC is sent from the pinsetter to the ball detector; which, in turn, applies its time delay and returns to the pinsetter and triggers the cycle solenoid. This simplifies the electrical box, and keeps failure to a bare minimum.

Another fact: with the advent of solid state relays, even the cube relays can (and will) be replaced. This would be akin to bringing a 60 year old machine into the 21st century

Comment

Originally posted by SoCalTom View Post
            Another fact: with the advent of solid state relays, even the cube relays can (and will) be replaced. This would be akin to bringing a 60 year old machine into the 21st century
            Not a big fan of the solid state's being used for reset relays and/or motor start relays for the simple fact that the wiring goes directly onto the relay itself, and does not have a separate base. With the wiring running into the separate bases, I don't have a problem with a pinchaser swapping one out if need be if a relay fails. I use the same relay for everything, ball lift control boxes, and main electrical boxes, and I have about 8 spares (two years, none have failed). Simple swap. With solid states they would have to pull off the wires one by one and replace it onto a new relay, even though it's a simple task, it may be over the heads of some of the pinchasers out there.

I will convert to solid states when/if ice cubes become a thing of the past...

Comment

i like that you can see the mechanics of the cube relays....makes for quick troubleshooting sometimes without the need for a meter. And they are easier to swap out.
              Nick

Comment

Not aware of a SS motor contactor but there is a SS motor start relay.
                Conditioner: Pantene Pro-V Brunette Expressions with Color Enhancer
                Cleaner: Fabuloso Spring Fresh with Bleach Alternative
                Cloth: ShamWow!
                Machine: Johnny 5
                Surface: Melamine-impregnated, phenolic-treated, high pressure pressed craft paper

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Table cutting off before the end of the cycle

I have one lane that has been giving me trouble lately. It used to be every once in awhile but now it is happening every cycle. Start 1st ball cycle, sweep drops does the usual...

ETU diagnostic tool

I've posted before about wanting to try and figure out how to fix these trigger boards we have. I'm trying to map the thing out and create a schematic, but it's slow going, especially...

Gutter Straps

Hey everyone, I hope someone can direct me in the right direction. I'm looking to find either a part number or someone willing to part with some.gutter straps. I have plastic...

AMF 82-90XL BE Gearbox seals part number cross reference.

I have spent a few hours cross checking part numbers for my 82-90xl's Back end gearboxes. I have found that most auto part stores carry these seals for a fraction of the price...

Roller Clutch issue

Has anyone had to remove the plastic ring in the back side of the plate in order to achieve good indexing? I now have 2 roller clutches without the backing rings in service. Either...

Another pivot bearing broke.

One and a half year old GSX machines. This will be the 5th pivot bearing that has broke. This one decided to take out a few things with it. Snapped the stroke limiter shock stud...
                Working...
                X