Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deck jams

We have a converted A-2 and we are having almost constant moving deck jams on the 8 pin. I have checked everything in the turret replaced deck chute deck roller, checked spider for binds and havent stumbled onto anything. The snubber adjustment looks good. Im out of ideas need help

I had a deck that constantly jammed in the four pin chute. we changed everything and nothing changed until we replaced the moving deck itself. Deck is probably warped. I'd change the deck chute first tho. start cheap then work your way up.

Comment

If it's constantly the 8 pin, look for a bent or warped spotting finger.

Comment

I would look at a miss assessment of the 8 pin wires and spoon adjustments

Comment

check all your wires and spoons because they could be falling into the 8 pin chute after indexing. Spoons my not be locking after 5 pin (this is something specific to 8 pin chute and probably the most likely cause). Or could be a multiple indexing problem, or pingate issue ( but then it probably wouldn't be pins specifically only in the 8 pin chute, you would find them in the 7 also).

You might have to sit on it a while to see exactly what is going on if you don't find anything that is jumping out at you as the problem. I would like to get a digital camera or some kind of webcam attached to a custom base magnet/clamp so that it can do the sitting and watching for me.
          Nick

Comment

Does the deck chute still have the skirt on it,if so trim it down to about 1/4".Is the chute cracked?
            Scissor getting in the way? Scissor guide wire in the way? I've used a cheap camcorder in the past with super results,you can then view it after a problem happened and then fix it.I used a thick foam pad to put it on so as to stop any vibrations.

Comment

Are any pins missing from the turret when it blacksout?
              Conditioner: Pantene Pro-V Brunette Expressions with Color Enhancer
              Cleaner: Fabuloso Spring Fresh with Bleach Alternative
              Cloth: ShamWow!
              Machine: Johnny 5
              Surface: Melamine-impregnated, phenolic-treated, high pressure pressed craft paper

Comment

As Mechanick said, sit on the machine and watch the operation. This really is the best way to find the issue without guessing and changing more stuff while not sure. If you have a camcorder, set it up to film and go about other work....this works great for the problems that never seem to happen when we sit and watch the machines but as soon as our back is turned it breaks.

Comment

Turn your chute so that the high part is turned toward back of #7 instead of under it.
                  I'm going fishing and camping!

Comment

i will check tomorrow on the spotting fingers. yes when the machine blacks out it is missing the 9 pin. which led me to check the spider and all that stuff thinking that the spider isnt relocking. i checked the pin gate. it stays locked out when its sposed to be just not real sure

Comment

The 9 pin is the first pin to load into the turret. If the spider has not locked completely the 9 will drop into the 8 pin bucket thus a double load in that bucket = deckjam.
                      I'm going fishing and camping!

Comment

Originally posted by mrdj View Post
                        i will check tomorrow on the spotting fingers. yes when the machine blacks out it is missing the 9 pin. which led me to check the spider and all that stuff thinking that the spider isnt relocking. i checked the pin gate. it stays locked out when its sposed to be just not real sure
                        The pin release lever in the 5 pin chute may have been bent up at some point in the past and this can make the 5 pin stick in the chute just long enough to cause the spoons to fail to relatch - especially if the release lever is the old, 'wider' type.

Had this problem years ago on a couple of machines at a centre where I worked. Took quite a while to figure out what was going on. After sitting and watching one of the machines one day I eventually saw it happen.

Comment

One of the 5 pin interlock levers that is hooked to the 5 pin probe. one of the holes was egg holed out. I put a pair of new ones on and ill see what happens tonight.

Comment

I have a lane that has been stumping me lately. Its happening once every couple of days. I am getting 7pin deckjams.

I checked for pingate issues, looks good.
                            I checked for possible regular mulitple indexing, doesn't seem like it.
                            I checked possible 5-pin multiple indexing, but doesn't seem like it. And the jam is alwyas 1 single pin in the 7 pin chute jammed midway at the belly (not the neck) which seems to neat and tidy and consistent if any of the 3 above were problems ( which might also cause messy jams and pins inthe 8pin chute also).
                            I trimmed the chute. still happening.
                            I put a red jcp chute. still happening.
                            I put a double deck roller. still happening.
                            Checked the scissors, spotting fingers, and slide wire in that spot and all looks good.
                            Checked spoons and guide wires and they are good.
                            Tried dropping pins to deck at spotting pin height and it makes it to the chute.

No pins missing from turret when there's the jam.

Im stumped.....and i could be sitting on it for 2 - 3 days to see what is ahppening.... I need a camera!
                            Nick

Comment

nick try to get pin to stick in the chute

one other thing to try is adjust your wire and spoon so pin hits a different part of bucket instead of war its hitting now

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                              widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Well this is a first.

We all from time to time have one of those “wow I’ve never seen THAT before” moments. Well today was one of those for me when my night tech texts me to say lane 16 is out...

Ball return wheel guide roller removal.

Hey guys, i could just use a bit of advice trying to get this part out, first time I've had to do one of these. I got it to move a few turns but its come to a point where it has...

Even old mechanics find something new.

All my years working on these things I never had this happen…… until last week. ...

82-90XL Frontend Gearbox Parts - Rebuild Woes

We have 5 of the 088000365 replacement gear kits on the shelf, and I pulled two gearboxes off machines earlier this week, so I thought I'd try my hand at rebuilding them and save...

Prolane damage

Can this be repaired?

LED Ball Lights

Made an LED conversion for A2's and Frameworx masks. It can also be modded for the Harmony masks to accept 2 x 5mm led's and/or a 12v supply. Once I'm happy with the performance/design...
                              Working...
                              X