Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• deadwood problem

one of my lanes just started leaving deadwood... it seems to happen when two pins are in the gutter and when the rake goes to sweep the rack just bounces over one or both pins... i've checked the rake board height and its right at 3 1/2 inches.. the lift rods look straight from what i can see. Could it be that the lift rods are just weak now or maybe the two springs that are weak..

broken oilites perhaps? go through Steve Stafford's rake adjustment procedure.
    jsebeny1980@gmail.com | jsebeny <--YouTube | Cell: 309-275-2453

Comment

Originally posted by robert2020 View Post
      one of my lanes just started leaving deadwood... it seems to happen when two pins are in the gutter and when the rake goes to sweep the rack just bounces over one or both pins... i've checked the rake board height and its right at 3 1/2 inches.. the lift rods look straight from what i can see. Could it be that the lift rods are just weak now or maybe the two springs that are weak..

The 3 1/2" is only one of many parts of the rake adjustment... If your rake sweep cam follower is out of adjustement, that will not change the 3 1/2" measurement, but it will affect the rake's sweep motion as a whole. The rake may not be staying close enough to the pindeck throughout the whole motion of the rake sweep. Steve Stafford has a good adjustment for the rake, I suggest going through the whole rake adjustment if you are seeing that your rake sweep motion as a whole is part of the problem
      Nick

Comment

week rack springs rack can bounce over 2 pins in the gutter

Comment

Check to be sure your oilites are in good shape in the sweep arms. With the rake down, try lifting the rake board a bit and see if there is any movement in the oillite bearings or X-washer pins.

Also...when is the rake board at 3 1/2 inches. I am not aware of any place that measurement is used?
          TSM & TSM Training Development
          Main Event Entertainment
          480-620-6758 for help or information

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Stafford (JBEES) View Post
            Also...when is the rake board at 3 1/2 inches. I am not aware of any place that measurement is used?
            You are right....I was thinking or a set of rake adjustment taught to me at frank miroballi's pinsetter school. And part of the adjustment was to set the height of the rake board to 3" (not 3 1/2") at 0 degrees with the rake down. My bad I should have realized that this is not part of the set of adjustments used in the service manual, but rather an alternative set of adjustments which are not common knowledge (which also actually works quite well!)
            Nick

Comment

Steve Stafford's rake adjustment is probably the best solution. Basically what you want is for the rake board to move from front to rear as if it's riding on rails. That way all deadwood is swept into the pit.

Comment

Regardless of which adjustment you use...bad oilite bearings will cause the rake board to want to ride over the top of the pin if the head of the pin is facing the bowler.

There are other things that can cause deadwood though...a bind in the motion of the pit cushion can cause the rake board to rise while it is sweeping rearward.
                TSM & TSM Training Development
                Main Event Entertainment
                480-620-6758 for help or information

Comment

just had this problem last week,turns out that an aluminum sweep arm was installed on that lane,and naturally,it was bent from rake strikes.out the door it went,lol.wondering if you have converted pit cushion links to rollers?
                  wish i had the same access to that infallible source of expertise on lane conditions that bowlers seem to have....

Comment

We've got 4 out of 48 lanes left then all of our cushions have roller kits. Its made a huge difference in our deadwood calls, not to mention the maintenance and replacement of parts i find to be much easier.

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                    widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Table cutting off before the end of the cycle

I have one lane that has been giving me trouble lately. It used to be every once in awhile but now it is happening every cycle. Start 1st ball cycle, sweep drops does the usual...

ETU diagnostic tool

I've posted before about wanting to try and figure out how to fix these trigger boards we have. I'm trying to map the thing out and create a schematic, but it's slow going, especially...

Gutter Straps

Hey everyone, I hope someone can direct me in the right direction. I'm looking to find either a part number or someone willing to part with some.gutter straps. I have plastic...

AMF 82-90XL BE Gearbox seals part number cross reference.

I have spent a few hours cross checking part numbers for my 82-90xl's Back end gearboxes. I have found that most auto part stores carry these seals for a fraction of the price...

Roller Clutch issue

Has anyone had to remove the plastic ring in the back side of the plate in order to achieve good indexing? I now have 2 roller clutches without the backing rings in service. Either...

Another pivot bearing broke.

One and a half year old GSX machines. This will be the 5th pivot bearing that has broke. This one decided to take out a few things with it. Snapped the stroke limiter shock stud...
                    Working...
                    X