Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• converting straight A's to quick drop rakes

I have a friend of mine who has come across someone with A2s for sale. He mentioned to me he wants to buy used parts from these A2's to convert to quick drop rakes. What pinsetter parts do we all need exactly? I know we need a rake shock and shotguns. Do we have to have time delay modules to do this? He currently has recycle relays inside his electrical boxes. thanks.
    The older the part, the STRONGER it is.

-rake sheep shaft
    -pit cushion, cushion linkage and shock (will the cushion mount brackets mount to your kickbacks?)
    -triangular plates, cushion lift rods, rake rods
    -shotgun and trigger linkage
    -TDM, solenoid, and rake switch
    Nick

Comment

Might be cheaper to buy the ZOT quick drop setup?? Seems like alot of work and parts to change to me, but hey if the price is right, go for it.
      B Mechanic Freeway Lanes of Parma
      42 Old Otis A's, Steltronic Scoring, Kegel ION Sport

Comment

Go with the Zot kit for your A's. I just finished up converting our last 12 lanes to the Zot system within a week. Fortunately for us we were able to locate 12 used Zot shotguns, mounting hardware, and all relative parts associated with the system.
        My father told me to never get old...I should have listened!

Comment

I don't know who made our quick-drop rake kits, but they work great. Looks like it could easily be fabricated, but you have to have a dual output triggering system like the ZOT ET-2001's. Hard to explain without pics:

You have to install a separate relay in the electrical box, the same that you use for your reset solenoid:

The bracket is just a piece of metal fashioned and held in place by 2 U bolts around the stationary bar:

Then place a shock on the rake:

Comment

Call Tom Schemm at SBI in Deerfield,WI. They have converted a boatload of pinsetters. They could show you how to do it or do it for you. They can do the quick drop rake or a mini-kit conversion. depends on you situation and budget.
            Conditioner: Pantene Pro-V Brunette Expressions with Color Enhancer
            Cleaner: Fabuloso Spring Fresh with Bleach Alternative
            Cloth: ShamWow!
            Machine: Johnny 5
            Surface: Melamine-impregnated, phenolic-treated, high pressure pressed craft paper

Comment

moved up to WI i see Brandon
              jsebeny1980@gmail.com | jsebeny <--YouTube | Cell: 309-275-2453

Comment

Originally posted by JohnSebeny View Post
                moved up to WI i see Brandon
                oh yah last october

I know another guy that has quick drop stuff i need but can no longer use it because of his scoring system. Ill have to see what he wants for it. Im interested in doing this with changing out as little as possible.
                The older the part, the STRONGER it is.

Comment

intresting ERT setup there Bwhite,its not a Zot,those use a cylindrical solenoid and small bracket. yours look like a pinsetter genius created a one-off system. looks like a cost effective way to get it done. nice to see an A model again....im swimmin in a sea of japanese a2's
                  wish i had the same access to that infallible source of expertise on lane conditions that bowlers seem to have....

Comment

Originally posted by jmac33 View Post
                    intresting ERT setup there Bwhite,its not a Zot,those use a cylindrical solenoid and small bracket. yours look like a pinsetter genius created a one-off system. looks like a cost effective way to get it done. nice to see an A model again....im swimmin in a sea of japanese a2's
                    These quick-drops were in place when we installed these machines 18 years ago. Originally before we got ZOT electronic triggering, they had a sensor that hooked up to the back support and pit cushion. Whenever a ball would hit the cushion it sent a signal to trip the rake, the electrical boxes were retrofitted with a time-delay board that received the same signal from the pit cushion and then reset the machine. When they got the ET-2001 triggering system, they replaced the time-delay with a standard cycle relay, so it then had 1 for the rake-trip, and 1 for the reset solenoid.

When I took over the management here almost all of them were let go to the point they didn't work very well. Most didn't have solenoids on them, mechanic just took them off if they went bad or if he needed a reset solenoid. When I went through and rewired the electrical boxes I got them all working again and rarely have any problems out of them now.

Comment

would love to see pics of the sensor set up! never heard of anyone creating thier own system before,definately worth noting.
                      wish i had the same access to that infallible source of expertise on lane conditions that bowlers seem to have....

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                      widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Well this is a first.

We all from time to time have one of those “wow I’ve never seen THAT before” moments. Well today was one of those for me when my night tech texts me to say lane 16 is out...

Ball return wheel guide roller removal.

Hey guys, i could just use a bit of advice trying to get this part out, first time I've had to do one of these. I got it to move a few turns but its come to a point where it has...

Even old mechanics find something new.

All my years working on these things I never had this happen…… until last week. ...

82-90XL Frontend Gearbox Parts - Rebuild Woes

We have 5 of the 088000365 replacement gear kits on the shelf, and I pulled two gearboxes off machines earlier this week, so I thought I'd try my hand at rebuilding them and save...

Prolane damage

Can this be repaired?

LED Ball Lights

Made an LED conversion for A2's and Frameworx masks. It can also be modded for the Harmony masks to accept 2 x 5mm led's and/or a 12v supply. Once I'm happy with the performance/design...
                      Working...
                      X