Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Older TDM hookup

Hey masher guys,
    I've got a question about the old TDMs' (I believe these are made by Brunswick)

I've gotten a few of these in recently, and don't have the hookups for some of the terminals and some of the wires.

I am making a bench tester for these. I know that the 24VAC goes to terminals 3 & 4, ground or common is pin 8, the big relay output is terminals 1 & 2. The biggest issue I'm having is what do the various wires coming out the side & their function. If I ground the one of the wires, I can here 1 relay pull in rightaway, and another a couple of seconds later - but the big relay doesn't do anything. I can ground another wire and here one relay pull in followed by the big relay pulling in which I assume fire the solenoid. The other 2 wires don't seem to do anything - so I assume they are inputs like 2nd ball or RPO.

I don't have any real info. on these dinosaurs. Does anyone have the hook up info. for them?

I noticed between the 2 I have, the wires are different colors too (yay).

Prior to these things, I have already made testers for AMF's TDM's - but they are completely different.

Any assistance is appreciated.

Thanks!
    Jon
    I've had enough of hope & chains.

I have never seen one with that relay mounted on it, you sure its Brunswick?

Marty - Pro Bowl West
    56 Jap A-2's Qubica VDB's
    2 Kustodian Walkers
    http://s1196.photobucket.com/albums/aa408/a2mechanic

Comment

Not really sure, Marty - might be an AMF part, but I don't have much info. on anything about Brunswick machines. It's using 60's technology!

Comment

Jon, if that is an original Brunswick TDM, someone modified it with the top cube relay, as the relay was internal ( and not a cube relay ) . I believe Ted built a TDM test fixture and posted the plans. May have been on the old server as I dont see it in the Brunswick technical section. I dont have manual handy so i cant give you the connections for each terminal. If no one chimes in , I can fax you a copy of the Brunswick schematic when I get home later.
        There is light at the end of the tunnel - just be sure it is not a train.

Comment

Ewen, it hasn't been modified, it was made that way. I'm starting to suspect it was made by AMF now. Hopefully someone has had them or is still using them so I can figure out what does what w/o having to reverse engineer the thing. The pc board is packed pretty tight & I really don't relish doing that!

Comment

Wow

I have never seen one like that....
            I thought it was modified also when i saw it

MIke
            DO A NEAT CLEAN JOB, AND FIX IT RIGHT THE FIRST TIME. THE ONLY WAY TO WORK.

Comment

Didn't think enclosed relays, like that, came out until much later?

A picture of the guts would be nice.
              Factory & Converted A-2 (US, Ger, Jap)
              Comscore ECT, Matrix & DuoHD
              Walker B, Sanction Standard, Original K, Flex Walker & Ikon
              Kegel C.A.T.S

Comment

Ive never seen a TDM like that before, can we get a view of the inside?
                Nick

Comment

Sure it's not wired the same as a regular Brunswick? The two right hand terminals would be the 24VAC inputs, the third for killing time delay on second ball, the fourth the common for trigger switch, the fifth reset button up front, the sixth the reset from the rake which would have time delay, seventh and eighth would be switch legs for the solonoid. Looks like a standard TDM with an exterior relay.
                  rfm

Comment

Wow, that's a new one on me too. I'd be hesitant to install them on a machine though, maybe just in a have to case until I can get a new one in there. I hate using used equipment, especially when it comes to the electrical box, it's always been my luck that the life expectancy of used electronics, especially when they've been sitting in storage for some time, is very minimal. The center's I work for bought 20 machines over the last few years for spare parts, and while it's always good to have a surplus of turrets, gearboxes, moving decks, etc.. on hand, the electrical boxes are generally junked due to being stored in an non-climate controlled facility.

Comment

Originally posted by bwhite757 View Post
                      I hate using used equipment, especially when it comes to the electrical box
                      Totally understandable. I'm picky on what I install used. Circuit breakers, time delay modules, and contactors I would install used. The others I feel comfortable buying new, especially transformers and selenium rectifiers.

Comment

I'm kinda shocked here guys! None of you have seen these before? I've seen a bunch of them over the years!

Is this the one you guys are used to seeing (older style)?:

Here is a pic of the innards of the critter I'm talking about:

Not much 'free' real estate in there... Even though I've been around electronics since vacuum tubes - I hate deciphering relay logic. It makes my head hurt...

Holy crap! I'm showing you masher guys something you haven't seen before? Once I get this thing figured out, I'll post the hookups.

Comment

Originally posted by Roscoe
                          Sure it's not wired the same as a regular Brunswick? The two right hand terminals would be the 24VAC inputs, the third for killing time delay on second ball, the fourth the common for trigger switch, the fifth reset button up front, the sixth the reset from the rake which would have time delay, seventh and eighth would be switch legs for the solonoid. Looks like a standard TDM with an exterior relay.
                          Roscoe - it's apparently not wired exactly the same as a real Brunswick old timey TDM. The 24VAC is fed from the 3rd & 4th terminal from the left. That much I figured out I also determined the common or ground was on the right most terminal. After that, I just grounded the various wire and terminals to see what happened. Hey, I'm brave! I'm sure some of the terminals and wires are used for inputs from the machine (2nd ball/RPO maybe foul?) but I want to build a simple bench tester to test these things out.

Comment

I also replace motor start relays new.

Comment

Thats a TDM for AMF Accuscore I or II on a Bruns machine. There are many other signal in/outs for scoring. It will probably work fine with just the 13-20 terminal connections on an A-2, but it's way too much trouble to repair, IMO, unless you still have ASI orII. Even then, a dual output trigger is the cat's meow for this combination.
                              This post is not an unpaid promotion of my business.

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                              widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Table cutting off before the end of the cycle

I have one lane that has been giving me trouble lately. It used to be every once in awhile but now it is happening every cycle. Start 1st ball cycle, sweep drops does the usual...

ETU diagnostic tool

I've posted before about wanting to try and figure out how to fix these trigger boards we have. I'm trying to map the thing out and create a schematic, but it's slow going, especially...

Gutter Straps

Hey everyone, I hope someone can direct me in the right direction. I'm looking to find either a part number or someone willing to part with some.gutter straps. I have plastic...

AMF 82-90XL BE Gearbox seals part number cross reference.

I have spent a few hours cross checking part numbers for my 82-90xl's Back end gearboxes. I have found that most auto part stores carry these seals for a fraction of the price...

Roller Clutch issue

Has anyone had to remove the plastic ring in the back side of the plate in order to achieve good indexing? I now have 2 roller clutches without the backing rings in service. Either...

Another pivot bearing broke.

One and a half year old GSX machines. This will be the 5th pivot bearing that has broke. This one decided to take out a few things with it. Snapped the stroke limiter shock stud...
                              Working...
                              X