Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Double deck roller on 7 and 10 pins

When putting the double deck rollers on either the 7 or 10 pin, on some lanes the spotting fingers slightly touch the extra deck roller. Will any issues result from this? I thought about grinding the outside edge of the roller down a bit do it will not contact, but im not sure if this is even neccessary. The fingers are slightly contacting the roller. I can still turn them with a bit of resistance.
    Nick

On the few lanes that the double deck roller was rubbing slightly, it has not caused any stops. These are the black Brunswick rubber deck rollers that i use.
    I had thought about the PPP kit with narrow extra if ever an issue, but for last year, it has simply delivered desired results.

Comment

Originally posted by Mechanick View Post
      When putting the double deck rollers on either the 7 or 10 pin, on some lanes the spotting fingers slightly touch the extra deck roller. Will any issues result from this?
      Nope...I have many that touch. None have caused any issues. It has lead me to finding those decks to have a slight warp...which, after installing the deck right kit, they no longer touch.
      TSM & TSM Training Development
      Main Event Entertainment
      480-620-6758 for help or information

Comment

I am curious now about slightly warped decks, do you have to always leave the kit on?
        Is that causing need for double roller help, or is it both, slow pinsetter speed and slightly warped deck?
        I only have the double roller set up on a few lanes, no others have had the need. Thanks!

Comment

How does the deck get warped?

Comment

Originally posted by Tablejam View Post
            How does the deck get warped?
            The most common issue that I have seen is a stuck 5 8 or 9 pin and the deck shifts forward without blacking out or blacking out too late and something has got to lose the battle. Just like if your shuttle was pinned down and you had pins across the cups and the table crushes the bottom of the shuttle you will lose either your cups or yoke or something else evil
            70's MP/PBL/LBS,Q-Score
            Prolane Walker sport

Comment

Thanks Keeth, that makes sense.

Comment

I think it is something that will also just eventually happen after old age from the deck coming down and resting on standing pins in the middle of the deck with none on the outside (5,8,9 pin). And the faster your pinsetter speed lowers your deck, the more of an issue this may cause.

Other things that may cause this is if your pinsetter is taking the long stroke on 1st ball. This will make the deck come down really fast and hard onto the pins.

Another one could be if you had worn deck pads in the 5,8,9 positions because it will make for a very hard impact when the deck contacts those pins only standing
                Nick

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Table cutting off before the end of the cycle

I have one lane that has been giving me trouble lately. It used to be every once in awhile but now it is happening every cycle. Start 1st ball cycle, sweep drops does the usual...

ETU diagnostic tool

I've posted before about wanting to try and figure out how to fix these trigger boards we have. I'm trying to map the thing out and create a schematic, but it's slow going, especially...

Gutter Straps

Hey everyone, I hope someone can direct me in the right direction. I'm looking to find either a part number or someone willing to part with some.gutter straps. I have plastic...

AMF 82-90XL BE Gearbox seals part number cross reference.

I have spent a few hours cross checking part numbers for my 82-90xl's Back end gearboxes. I have found that most auto part stores carry these seals for a fraction of the price...

Roller Clutch issue

Has anyone had to remove the plastic ring in the back side of the plate in order to achieve good indexing? I now have 2 roller clutches without the backing rings in service. Either...

Another pivot bearing broke.

One and a half year old GSX machines. This will be the 5th pivot bearing that has broke. This one decided to take out a few things with it. Snapped the stroke limiter shock stud...
                Working...
                X