Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Touchy dash pot adjustment

Quick question... I have a machine that the dash pot is a bit tempermental and will occasionally recycle. The style I have are the threaded type not the link type.

I thought I saw a different method of adjusting it. I will check for a cracked reset lever and binding.

Thanks
    My father told me to never get old...I should have listened!

Originally posted by Phil_B View Post
    Quick question... I have a machine that the dash pot is a bit tempermental and will occasionally recycle. The style I have are the threaded type not the link type.

I thought I saw a different method of adjusting it. I will check for a cracked reset lever and binding.

Thanks
    You either have the stop bumper or the locking collar type.
    If you have the stop bumper I'd say you have a bad stop bumper or a cracked reset lever
    sometimes the crack can be hard to see.

If you have the collar type check for a bad bearing on the end of the reset lever
    or possible a cracked reset lever.
    Go with what works and not what the book says.

Comment

This one surprised me..

RSL.jpg

Hope this helps...

Tim
      Go with what works and not what the book says.

Comment

It's posts like this that will sit in the back of my head until I have a problem and am able to pull it back up from memory and go; Wow! I'm glad I saw that on Bowl-Tech. Thanks for sharing that pic Tim!

Comment

Phil, with the set up you have you may find the dashpot spring feels a little weak, and this can be true however most the time it feels weak because the stop is adj. down to far making up for a bent reset lever. It dosnt have to have a visable crack to be bent. If you install a new reset lever and you have to adj the stop back up a ways you will know it is bent. Also back to the spring I have seen some longer than others that cause problems. Make sure everything is lubricated well also.
          formerly dunsel
          ITS NOT HOW MUCH YOU KNOW ITS HOW MUCH YOU CARE!!!!!

Comment

There are two style springs for the plunger lever. If you have the newer version on an older cast setup...it will not be strong enough to hold the plunger tight against the stop. Also...if you have a stop arm spring that is too tight...you can have the same problem. Try swapping springs with another lane and see if the issue follows...if you don't find a crack on the clutch reset lever that is.
            TSM & TSM Training Development
            Main Event Entertainment
            480-620-6758 for help or information

Comment

Well I spoke with the mechanic over the phone today and he said after readjusting the dashpot, and bowled 3 complete games on it that it ran just fine.
              My father told me to never get old...I should have listened!

Comment

Good deal

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Well this is a first.

We all from time to time have one of those “wow I’ve never seen THAT before” moments. Well today was one of those for me when my night tech texts me to say lane 16 is out...

Ball return wheel guide roller removal.

Hey guys, i could just use a bit of advice trying to get this part out, first time I've had to do one of these. I got it to move a few turns but its come to a point where it has...

Even old mechanics find something new.

All my years working on these things I never had this happen…… until last week. ...

82-90XL Frontend Gearbox Parts - Rebuild Woes

We have 5 of the 088000365 replacement gear kits on the shelf, and I pulled two gearboxes off machines earlier this week, so I thought I'd try my hand at rebuilding them and save...

Prolane damage

Can this be repaired?

LED Ball Lights

Made an LED conversion for A2's and Frameworx masks. It can also be modded for the Harmony masks to accept 2 x 5mm led's and/or a 12v supply. Once I'm happy with the performance/design...
                Working...
                X