Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• turret troubles

i am having a problem with a turret when the 1 pin goes over the top of the cross conveyor , sometimes its not indexing the turret past the 1 pin. i have checked and changed the turret wires. messed with the turret trip lever adjustment, and have even played around with the snubber. after messing with the snubber the problem isnt happening as much but its still happening. any ideas??

Is the pin hitting the trip lever and your getting a fail to index ?

If so only at head pin ? Are you seeing trip lever pressed down when you arrive ? What are you doing to clear the call?

Mike
    DO A NEAT CLEAN JOB, AND FIX IT RIGHT THE FIRST TIME. THE ONLY WAY TO WORK.

Comment

i have to press down on the head of the pin to get the turret to index. the pin is hitting the lever but its not hitting the lever hard enough to get the turret to index.

Comment

1] check for a louse indexing cam
        2] chang short belt
        3] adjust snubber at 8 or 9 pin leaving a 3/8" gap

Comment

Originally posted by mrdj View Post
          i have to press down on the head of the pin to get the turret to index. the pin is hitting the lever but its not hitting the lever hard enough to get the turret to index.
          The weight of the pin by itself should trip the lever...

If not you need to recheck all your index train for worn parts, or readjustment...

Have you tried setting pin on trip lever to see if the weight of pin trips it?

Mike
          DO A NEAT CLEAN JOB, AND FIX IT RIGHT THE FIRST TIME. THE ONLY WAY TO WORK.

Comment

Is it not indexing because the weight of the pin is not tripping the lever (so you press down on the pin which causes it to index), or is it becasue there is some hesitation in indexing (the trip lever is depressed by the pin, but you have to give the turret a little bunde to index)?
            Nick

Comment

Check the bell crank and the latch....while you are there check the bearing also.

Comment

you may have some of the problems above and probably do. however try loosening the long turret belt tensioner spring a couple of turns.
                formerly dunsel
                ITS NOT HOW MUCH YOU KNOW ITS HOW MUCH YOU CARE!!!!!

Comment

With the machine off, press down on the indexing trip lever and hold it down. Now with your other hand, see if the indexing latch will move. If its moving, check your short link and the x-pins holding the link on for wear in the link or the pins.

Marty - Pro Bowl West
                  56 Jap A-2's Qubica VDB's
                  2 Kustodian Walkers
                  http://s1196.photobucket.com/albums/aa408/a2mechanic

Comment

having this exact same problem on a lane. only the 1 pin every once in a while. i will try some of these suggestions as well and post back tonight or tomorrow.
                    jsebeny1980@gmail.com | jsebeny <--YouTube | Cell: 309-275-2453

Comment

I had this problem with two machines and the newer style turret wires are shaped different from the old style! At the bottom they curved the wires at the bottom and the pin won't seat against the trip lever. I changed to the old style and haven't had any problem!! We noticed the design difference at a pinsetter school and we asked Will Ehlers with Brunswick about this design change!

Comment

Originally posted by RipOwens View Post
                        you may have some of the problems above and probably do. however try loosening the long turret belt tensioner spring a couple of turns.
                        Your tension spring for the long turret belt may be too tight like Rip says. And like Wepauls said change your short turret belt too. What you are dealing with is too much pressure on the turret latch. With the machine running grab ahold of the top of the turret plate (not the wires) and try to turn the turret clockwise, looking from the top. If it is resisting too much you need to relieve the pressure. The only things that will affect the pressure are the tension of the spring, the short belt, and the bottom indexing pulley.
                        (Psalm 37:29) The righteous themselves will possess the earth, And they will reside forever upon it.

Comment

Originally posted by batbowler View Post
                          I had this problem with two machines and the newer style turret wires are shaped different from the old style! At the bottom they curved the wires at the bottom and the pin won't seat against the trip lever. I changed to the old style and haven't had any problem!! We noticed the design difference at a pinsetter school and we asked Will Ehlers with Brunswick about this design change!
                          Yes the newer turret wires do make a difference but in simple terms, on a properly functioning turret, just the weight of the pin should trip the lever easily. In a pinch I have in the past put a small amount of oil on the short belt. But you need to be VERY careful not to put too much. If too much you will never get your turret to move. When I have had issues with the turret I just change the short belt and the bottom indexing pulley. And while you have it apart you can inspect for broken or worn parts and clean and lubricate every thing that needs to be.
                          (Psalm 37:29) The righteous themselves will possess the earth, And they will reside forever upon it.

Comment

I had a similar problem when the turret wouldn't index past a certain point. Everything seemed to check out, adjustments, bushings & bearings, belt tension, etc. What I found was a build-up of dirt and crap on the indexing cam. I cleaned it up and the turret ran fine.

I have had others where the cam was loose, belts were too tight or worn and where the short link had a slight kink or bind. Of course, this was at a point where the pinsetters had little to no maintenance for two years.

Comment

The indexing roller could be dry or not rolling smoothly. I had some old stop rollers that had a spacer in them, and I had to remove from machine to see the part
                              was wallowed out. I kept one on my desk, to remind me to always keep digging. Because, it had burnt me for awhile! The part was dark brown, so now I only use the white one from Quality. Makes for easier identification and for watching it roll.

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                              widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Well this is a first.

We all from time to time have one of those “wow I’ve never seen THAT before” moments. Well today was one of those for me when my night tech texts me to say lane 16 is out...

Ball return wheel guide roller removal.

Hey guys, i could just use a bit of advice trying to get this part out, first time I've had to do one of these. I got it to move a few turns but its come to a point where it has...

Even old mechanics find something new.

All my years working on these things I never had this happen…… until last week. ...

82-90XL Frontend Gearbox Parts - Rebuild Woes

We have 5 of the 088000365 replacement gear kits on the shelf, and I pulled two gearboxes off machines earlier this week, so I thought I'd try my hand at rebuilding them and save...

Prolane damage

Can this be repaired?

LED Ball Lights

Made an LED conversion for A2's and Frameworx masks. It can also be modded for the Harmony masks to accept 2 x 5mm led's and/or a 12v supply. Once I'm happy with the performance/design...
                              Working...
                              X