Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• turret assy

Was going to the golf course today, but I answered the phone. Broke bolts mounting pin release lever to ring.
    Could not remove so had to disassemble unit. Those little ball bearings are fun to try to catch. In a nut shell can someone direct me to a forum on this reassembly situation? Thanks for the help everyone. I need to do some Sundy reading.

http://www.bowltech.com/forums/showt...et+disassembly

If you reverse the procedure this will work
    Sometimes we have to do stuff to get by....Just go back and do it right when the "by" has passed!!

Comment

Thanks for the directions. I think I need to say a mech. prayer.

Comment

Originally posted by yazu View Post
        Those little ball bearings are fun to try to catch.
        If you dont have a turret jig to hold the things in place, now is a good time to buy one.
        Although not impossible to reassemble, the jig makes it way easier.

Marty - Pro Bowl West
        56 Jap A-2's Qubica VDB's
        2 Kustodian Walkers
        http://s1196.photobucket.com/albums/aa408/a2mechanic

Comment

Originally posted by yazu View Post
          Broke bolts mounting pin release lever to ring.
          Could not remove so had to disassemble unit.
          Get yourself a Dremel and some fine cutoff wheels. Cut a slot in the bolt and it will spin right out with a regular screwdriver.
          If you think my girlfriend can fight, you should see her box!

Comment

Tried to drill and easyout. No go, so it was disassmble time. What a mess I've made of this.

Comment

We have all been there at one time or another..
              B Mechanic Freeway Lanes of Parma
              42 Old Otis A's, Steltronic Scoring, Kegel ION Sport

Comment

There are 8 bolts. 4 that hold the turret to the frame and 4 that hold the turret together. The 4 that hold the turret to the frame are the ones you want to take off. When you take the indexing cam off you can see the holes through the frame where these bolts are. I agree with Marty. You need a jig. It not only holds the turret in place, it catches the balls when you take it apart.
                (Psalm 37:29) The righteous themselves will possess the earth, And they will reside forever upon it.

Comment

Originally posted by Popeye View Post
                  There are 8 bolts. 4 that hold the turret to the frame and 4 that hold the turret together. The 4 that hold the turret to the frame are the ones you want to take off.
                  I have a method that I teach to remind everyone which bolts to remove when removing the turret ring with the spider assembly from the turret frame. It is called, "SQUARE SAFE (SS), DIAMOND DON'T (DD). When looking at the spider from the front of the pinsetter, every other bolt will form either a diamond or a square. Remove only the bolts that form a square (Square Safe) and the spider ring will stay intact with the turret ring and bearings, until you can safely remove the other four bolts on the turret jig.
                  "Efficiency is, doing better what is already being done!"
                  Pinsetter Technical Services 214-505-7663

Comment

or you can take 2 bolts out next to each other (ONLY 2!) and whichever one is the SHORTEST, place back in hole and tighten. keep the longest bolt out, and go every other hole and you will be safe to take out the cam. make sure you take out the indexing cam first. how do i know? don't ask
                    jsebeny1980@gmail.com | jsebeny <--YouTube | Cell: 309-275-2453

Comment

Short bolts are at the 3, 6, 9 and 12 O'clock positions standing in front of turret.
                      I'm going fishing and camping!

Comment

Originally posted by Lonnie_Mitchell View Post
                        I have a method that I teach to remind everyone which bolts to remove when removing the turret ring with the spider assembly from the turret frame. It is called, "SQUARE SAFE (SS), DIAMOND DON'T (DD). When looking at the spider from the front of the pinsetter, every other bolt will form either a diamond or a square. Remove only the bolts that form a square (Square Safe) and the spider ring will stay intact with the turret ring and bearings, until you can safely remove the other four bolts on the turret jig.
                        Here is what I was talking about. If one remembers this every time they remove the spider ring, they won't be picking up bearings from the lane.

Attached Files
                        "Efficiency is, doing better what is already being done!"
                        Pinsetter Technical Services 214-505-7663

Comment

Nice drawing Lonnie
                          I'm going fishing and camping!

Comment

Most of the time when you are getting your bearings, it is up at the foul line or refreshment center. Thanks for all the help everyone. I was lucky to have a spare unit. Will work on rebuilding soon.

Comment

Most of the time when you are getting your bearings, it is up at the foul line or refreshment center

How Else are you going to get the cup of coffee

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                              widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Well this is a first.

We all from time to time have one of those “wow I’ve never seen THAT before” moments. Well today was one of those for me when my night tech texts me to say lane 16 is out...

Ball return wheel guide roller removal.

Hey guys, i could just use a bit of advice trying to get this part out, first time I've had to do one of these. I got it to move a few turns but its come to a point where it has...

Even old mechanics find something new.

All my years working on these things I never had this happen…… until last week. ...

82-90XL Frontend Gearbox Parts - Rebuild Woes

We have 5 of the 088000365 replacement gear kits on the shelf, and I pulled two gearboxes off machines earlier this week, so I thought I'd try my hand at rebuilding them and save...

Prolane damage

Can this be repaired?

LED Ball Lights

Made an LED conversion for A2's and Frameworx masks. It can also be modded for the Harmony masks to accept 2 x 5mm led's and/or a 12v supply. Once I'm happy with the performance/design...
                              Working...
                              X