Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1 to 1 question on timing

I just pulled a 1 to 1 off at 0 degrees and while looking into the box, I can not see a timing mark on the 2 to 1 where it should be. Soooo.... would it be possible to have the 1 to 1 installed 180 degrees off from the 2 to 1? At first I was thinking no way but if the 1 to 1 was at zero degrees I am thinking the 2 to 1 could go in and run 180 degrees off (since it does turn twice during the cycle. Previous people would slap any old 1 to 1 one them, hence some machines have the wrong deck/scissors cams on them and knowing some of the people, probably just eyeballed things. Any thoughts??

Marty - Pro Bowl West
    56 Jap A-2's Qubica VDB's
    2 Kustodian Walkers
    http://s1196.photobucket.com/albums/aa408/a2mechanic

I suppose that it is possible the 2-1 is 180 deg off. And I think it would still run that way. Can you put it into 180 and then check for the timing marks on the 2-1. It may also be possible the 2-1 didn't ever have marks on it. When I was in Brunswick School they told us of this rarity. Let us know what you find as I am interested to know too.
    (Psalm 37:29) The righteous themselves will possess the earth, And they will reside forever upon it.

Comment

check for timing marks for the 2-1 and 4-1 connection. Are they present?
      ME&My68

There's no such thing as idiot proof, it just makes a better idiot!

Comment

Originally posted by Marty Murphy View Post
        I just pulled a 1 to 1 off at 0 degrees and while looking into the box, I can not see a timing mark on the 2 to 1 where it should be. Soooo.... would it be possible to have the 1 to 1 installed 180 degrees off from the 2 to 1? At first I was thinking no way but if the 1 to 1 was at zero degrees I am thinking the 2 to 1 could go in and run 180 degrees off (since it does turn twice during the cycle. Previous people would slap any old 1 to 1 one them, hence some machines have the wrong deck/scissors cams on them and knowing some of the people, probably just eyeballed things. Any thoughts??

Marty - Pro Bowl West
        I'm not sure what you're looking at. The timing marks are on the backside of the gear, visible when you remove a pipe plug. Two adjacent teeth on the 2-1 will have markings.
        If you think my girlfriend can fight, you should see her box!

Comment

From what I have learned, the timing marks on the gears were to aid the people assembling the machines in the factory. Now, if the 2 to 1 gear is 180 degrees off, there shouldn't be any issue, since the 2 to 1 rotates twice during a cycle.

Originally posted by Jack_Sparrow View Post
          I'm not sure what you're looking at. The timing marks are on the backside of the gear, visible when you remove a pipe plug. Two adjacent teeth on the 2-1 will have markings.
          The timing marks should be on the left (7 pin) side of the gearbox, unless the gear was pressed on backwards (which I've seen happen). I have, also, replaced several 1 to 1s, and the timing marks were in their proper position as expected.

Comment

Marty - Pro Bowl West

No! I retract my previous statement! If the 2-1 has a timing mark then it would show up at 0 and 180 degrees. If you don't see it then it is not there or it's too dirty to see it.
            (Psalm 37:29) The righteous themselves will possess the earth, And they will reside forever upon it.

Comment

If the 2:1 was 180 degrees out of time with the 1:1 , the deck lowering hook cam would be 180 degrees out of time,which would not allow the deck lowering hook to lift.
              There is light at the end of the tunnel - just be sure it is not a train.

Comment

Marty - Pro Bowl West
                As Ewen pointed out, the machine wouldn't function if either were 180 degrees off. However, if it were possible they would have added two sets of timing marks.

The marks may be there but not visible, or it is a defective gear and they were never there in the first place.
                Factory & Converted A-2 (US, Ger, Jap)
                Comscore ECT, Matrix & DuoHD
                Walker B, Sanction Standard, Original K, Flex Walker & Ikon
                Kegel C.A.T.S

Comment

Originally posted by Jack_Sparrow View Post
                  I am not sure what I was looking at either at the time. I was looking at the larger gear on the 2 to 1 for a mark, not the smaller one. To tell you the truth, I cant really see sh*t these days, I have a cataract in my left eye so I cant really see anything but shapes !! Having cataract surgery on May 22th on the left eye, the right eye isnt too bad yet, that one can wait a year or two if I wanted to they told me.

Marty - Pro Bowl West
                  2 Kustodian Walkers

Comment

Marty:
                    Prepare yourself for a big suprise after the sugery, its simply amazing, how much better sight is afterwards, especially at night . Headlight glare is also minimized. You'll love it.
                    rfm

Comment

I dont believe the timing marks are set to a specific gearbox degree.
                      They are placed so that you can view the marks without assemblies in the way of the sight hole.

It has been a long time since I did a 1-1 in a machine.
                      I normally change out the entire gearbox instead.

Comment

Originally posted by Roscoe View Post
                        Marty:
                        Prepare yourself for a big suprise after the sugery, its simply amazing, how much better sight is afterwards, especially at night . Headlight glare is also minimized. You'll love it.
                        I know my wife will cause all I do is bitch when she drives, but I should not be driving with my sight the way it is, I only go back and forth to work cause I know where I am going. Actually should be driving anyways, license expired the other day, cant pass the eye test this time around. I just wish I could get it done quicker, took me 6 weeks to get in and see the guy and have to wait 6 more for him to do the procedure. Gettin really tired of wearing these flip down magnifiers and having the computer screen set to 200% just to read it.

Marty - Pro Bowl West
                        2 Kustodian Walkers

Comment

Originally posted by Wookie8662 View Post
                          I normally change out the entire gearbox instead.
                          I only changed an entire gearbox is if the housing had a crack, or if threaded holes had been stripped out. Otherwise the gearbox was rebuilt while remaining on the pinsetter.

Marty - good luck on the eye surgery. Cataracts can be fixed. I have glaucoma that can't be fixed.

Comment

Originally posted by SoCalTom View Post

The timing marks should be on the left (7 pin) side of the gearbox, unless the gear was pressed on backwards (which I've seen happen). I have, also, replaced several 1 to 1s, and the timing marks were in their proper position as expected.
                            Brain fade. I was thinking of the gear that meshes with the 4-1.
                            If you think my girlfriend can fight, you should see her box!

Comment

The gear box can be changed out quicker than any one single assembly if you have a crane available. We have posted many versions of a crane here in the past. Simple to do if you have the proper tool.
                              TSM & TSM Training Development
                              Main Event Entertainment
                              480-620-6758 for help or information

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                              widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Well this is a first.

We all from time to time have one of those “wow I’ve never seen THAT before” moments. Well today was one of those for me when my night tech texts me to say lane 16 is out...

Ball return wheel guide roller removal.

Hey guys, i could just use a bit of advice trying to get this part out, first time I've had to do one of these. I got it to move a few turns but its come to a point where it has...

Even old mechanics find something new.

All my years working on these things I never had this happen…… until last week. ...

82-90XL Frontend Gearbox Parts - Rebuild Woes

We have 5 of the 088000365 replacement gear kits on the shelf, and I pulled two gearboxes off machines earlier this week, so I thought I'd try my hand at rebuilding them and save...

Prolane damage

Can this be repaired?

LED Ball Lights

Made an LED conversion for A2's and Frameworx masks. It can also be modded for the Harmony masks to accept 2 x 5mm led's and/or a 12v supply. Once I'm happy with the performance/design...
                              Working...
                              X