Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spring Guide Tubes

Anybody ever take one off at 0 degrees? Want to make it a foot shorter when taking apart.

You can do it @ zero degrees. There is a special compression tool. If you want the spring tube compressed more than a few inches that tool won't work, and you can't easily do it at zero degrees. Most people remove the spring tube assembly with the machine at another position. What I use most of the time is a piece of all-thread rod. I lower the machine to 270 degrees, setting new pins and Lockout the machine(remove all power) and put the rod through the holes provided on each end of the tube assy. Then thread nuts on each end of the rod to keep the tube from expanding when you remove the x-pin and bolt.

Comment

Place machine on ball 2 install upper holding rod move gear-box two 20 decrees install lower rod nut holding backup gear-box to 15 degrees

you may have to work gear-box in or out to relive tub

Comment

I made two different sizes of threaded rod. One for 0 deg. I usually take it off at 0. I have a spare tube with a spring in it, already greased, and with a threaded rod holding it together. With the power off, drop the rake, hook your foot on the front of the rake board and push it rearward slightly. Now you can advance the nut on the threaded rod enough to take the pressure off the spring tube. In this position you can remove it quite easily.
        (Psalm 37:29) The righteous themselves will possess the earth, And they will reside forever upon it.

Comment

run the machine to 180, take out x-washer ONLY. run to 270 or 0 (doesn't matter), then secure the "bazooka tube" w/a come-a-long or a threaded rod before you remove the x-washer pin and tube assembly.
          jsebeny1980@gmail.com | jsebeny <--YouTube | Cell: 309-275-2453

Comment

Love my old Brunswick tool w/worm gear in it, pull it at 0, then use my cordless drill and can have it apart in 10 seconds. Pity they don,t sell that tool anymore, I have pulled 65 of them in last 2 years, makes it so easy.
            Brent V
            Hi-tech Repairs-Duck tape &amp; ty raps

Comment

i NEVER remove a spring tube at any position other than 0 degrees. theres a reason theyre called "bazooka tubes" and its not because of the basic shape.ive heard of and seen several diff. methods for locking the tube down before removal, all thread rods,come-alongs,specific lengths of chain with clips,nylon straps,etc. basically anything thats reliable and safe is acceptable.
              a come-along or proper length of 3/8 all thread is best for dismantling on the bench.
              wish i had the same access to that infallible source of expertise on lane conditions that bowlers seem to have....

Comment

Originally posted by brentman1 View Post
                Love my old Brunswick tool w/worm gear in it, pull it at 0, then use my cordless drill and can have it apart in 10 seconds. Pity they don,t sell that tool anymore, I have pulled 65 of them in last 2 years, makes it so easy.
                I have part of one of those tools in my posession. I have the main tube without the 2 parts that hook up to the ends of it. I have recently done something to it to make it usable. I will post a pic on monday. Would you be able to show what the complete tool looks like?
                Nick

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Well this is a first.

We all from time to time have one of those “wow I’ve never seen THAT before” moments. Well today was one of those for me when my night tech texts me to say lane 16 is out...

Ball return wheel guide roller removal.

Hey guys, i could just use a bit of advice trying to get this part out, first time I've had to do one of these. I got it to move a few turns but its come to a point where it has...

Even old mechanics find something new.

All my years working on these things I never had this happen…… until last week. ...

82-90XL Frontend Gearbox Parts - Rebuild Woes

We have 5 of the 088000365 replacement gear kits on the shelf, and I pulled two gearboxes off machines earlier this week, so I thought I'd try my hand at rebuilding them and save...

Prolane damage

Can this be repaired?

LED Ball Lights

Made an LED conversion for A2's and Frameworx masks. It can also be modded for the Harmony masks to accept 2 x 5mm led's and/or a 12v supply. Once I'm happy with the performance/design...
                Working...
                X