Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pit cushion upgrade kit PPP question?

I've been installing the Pinsetter parts plus PPP-PC1K-UP pit cushion cam and roller upgrade kit in a couple of our A-2 machines and have a couple questions.
    When installed according to the directions, if I tighten both nuts/bolts that attach the roller and cam in the machine, neither of them will turn/rotate.
    Is this normal? The rubber wheel/bumper wont turn and the cam doesn't turn either. This seems like it would lead to alot of premature wear and or flat spots on those parts.
    What am I missing?
    A picture of the parts properly installed would help a bunch.
    Thanks in advance.
    Eric
    "I love my Schutzhund trained German Shepherd's, because if you run from them, you will just die tired"

I believe what you're ordering is the "upgrade" to the original cam/roller assembly. The original comes with all new hardware..bolts..nuts..spacers..etc.

CHIP

Comment

Thanks for the reply.
      I should have been more clear, sorry.
      It is the kit that came with all the nuts/bolts/spacers that I installed.
      "I love my Schutzhund trained German Shepherd's, because if you run from them, you will just die tired"

Comment

That's weird cuz i've never had that issue. Everything fit and turned nice. I know the cam that goes on the long bolt with the uniball joint does NOT turn..the red roller does

CHIP

Comment

Be sure to have the right spacer in the red roller. Have all 24 machines converted and no problem. I believe the spacer 12-252349 is what you use.
          I'm going fishing and camping!

Comment

I have the upgraded kit on all machines. I've had some that won't turn when tightened all the way. So I just back off a bit when tight till I can move the roller and bearing freely. Haven't had any fall off and I've had them for 4 years now.

Comment

Thanks for that Knowledge_is_key, that worked nicely.

Comment

yup, a bit of a heavy hand on the roller bolt will do that! Been there done that.

.......Mechanic from ontario.....some might mix us up! lol
                Nick

Comment

I have had that same issue and I just sand out the hole slightly until the spacer moves freely. I don't like leaving bolts loose. Just leads to worn out parts later.

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                  widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Well this is a first.

We all from time to time have one of those “wow I’ve never seen THAT before” moments. Well today was one of those for me when my night tech texts me to say lane 16 is out...

Ball return wheel guide roller removal.

Hey guys, i could just use a bit of advice trying to get this part out, first time I've had to do one of these. I got it to move a few turns but its come to a point where it has...

Even old mechanics find something new.

All my years working on these things I never had this happen…… until last week. ...

82-90XL Frontend Gearbox Parts - Rebuild Woes

We have 5 of the 088000365 replacement gear kits on the shelf, and I pulled two gearboxes off machines earlier this week, so I thought I'd try my hand at rebuilding them and save...

Prolane damage

Can this be repaired?

LED Ball Lights

Made an LED conversion for A2's and Frameworx masks. It can also be modded for the Harmony masks to accept 2 x 5mm led's and/or a 12v supply. Once I'm happy with the performance/design...
                  Working...
                  X