Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spoon bumper stop

I seem to remember where masternut had a "mod" for the bumper stop here. Something to do w/a washer or x-washer. Just wondering if somebody has a pic of that. I looked in the tech forum and didn't see it (unless I overlooked it). Thanks!
    jsebeny1980@gmail.com | jsebeny <--YouTube | Cell: 309-275-2453

I think this is what you are talking about.
    Sometimes we have to do stuff to get by....Just go back and do it right when the "by" has passed!!

Comment

I have never seen this before, pretty neat.

What I did was measure the gap (between the bumper bracket and stop bracket) and then cut the tip off a Y-Switch pull-thru bumper to the measured length.
      I did this without having to remove anything except the original bumper.

Edit: Is that a regular cam follower on the spider cam arm, with a bolt holding it down?
      Or are my eyes getting that bad?

Comment

I have used a threaded bumper that I probably am going to switch throughout the house. Its a bit longer than the regular bumper and it stays on much more permanently than the pull through bumpers which go missing quite often.
        Nick

Comment

1002171.jpg

Here is a pic
          Nick

Comment

Originally posted by smurtland View Post

I think this is what you are talking about.
            that's the one! Thank you. I'll take a picture of the style of bracket that holds the bumper we have. It's thinner style, almost looks like just an "L" bracket really, lol.

Comment

I use an old pit mount and cut to the proper length to fill the gap. Instead of throwing away old pit mounts, this gives them a new job outside of occupying space in a landfill.

The idea of this modification is to prevent the "bounce" of the spoons when the spider opens. The spider should rotate and stop when it contacts the bumper...no bounce...as this bounce can cause the spoons to strike the pin and deflect it from landing in the deck chute properly.
              TSM & TSM Training Development
              Main Event Entertainment
              480-620-6758 for help or information

Comment

that's the style I have. I used the original bumper, but placed an x-washer where you have the nut at. so there is no play.

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Well this is a first.

We all from time to time have one of those “wow I’ve never seen THAT before” moments. Well today was one of those for me when my night tech texts me to say lane 16 is out...

Ball return wheel guide roller removal.

Hey guys, i could just use a bit of advice trying to get this part out, first time I've had to do one of these. I got it to move a few turns but its come to a point where it has...

Even old mechanics find something new.

All my years working on these things I never had this happen…… until last week. ...

82-90XL Frontend Gearbox Parts - Rebuild Woes

We have 5 of the 088000365 replacement gear kits on the shelf, and I pulled two gearboxes off machines earlier this week, so I thought I'd try my hand at rebuilding them and save...

Prolane damage

Can this be repaired?

LED Ball Lights

Made an LED conversion for A2's and Frameworx masks. It can also be modded for the Harmony masks to accept 2 x 5mm led's and/or a 12v supply. Once I'm happy with the performance/design...
                Working...
                X