Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shakerboard Covers

Just installed the Brunswick white cotton/polyster carpet covers, and was wondering if anyone had suggestions on maintanience or your experiences with out of ranges decreasing since you installed. My covers have been for a week and i have not had a out of range since. On average i would normally have 20 o of r's a night and i have not change bowling center maintainience as far as oiling or cleaning of machines or the lane oiler.
    Having fun yet

When I had them I washed them every week. I kept an extra set of eight and chaanged out aout 7 every night during the week except for the busy night then there were only 4.
    Sometimes we have to do stuff to get by....Just go back and do it right when the "by" has passed!!

Comment

did you have to buy new covers every year?
      Having fun yet

Comment

When I had them I washed them once a month. I had enough on hand to have a few clean dry ones ready ahead of time like smurtland said. They lasted longer than a year. A few would get tossed every year as they become ripped or the velcro becomes unusable.

I am using zip carpets now.
        Nick

Comment

replaced a couple a year but not bad. well worth the price. I used the white Brunswick ones then started switching to the grey heavy duty ones from AMF. I don't know if they still sell them but the velcro strip was a little wider on those and stayed put better I think.
          Sometimes we have to do stuff to get by....Just go back and do it right when the "by" has passed!!

Comment

I had some luck extending the life of the velcro by folding the covers in half and matching up the velcro before tossing them in the washer. And as I recall, Never, ever throw a terry cloth towel in the load with them.....
            41 years and still learning....
            lanedoctor@hotmail.com

Comment

yes definantly fold in the wash and dry and make sure the only thing that goes in is carpet covers and not rags or else you will have stringy suff stuck all over the velcro.
              Nick

Comment

I have used them for many years. We change them twice a week. I'm not sure about helping with out of ranges....all my machines have automatic out of ranges installed. I do know it helps keep my machines cleaner.....and the bowlers shirts...lol

Comment

forget carpet covers.... get these http://www.pitcarpet.com/product.htm

I changed out 8 carpets this spring and covered them with zip carpets. The plan is to take out the zip carpets this summer and use a high pressure sprayer. Sure beats having to replace carpet covers every day... Back home, I had 36 lane house and changed 8 every day... We had the grey heavy duty ones.... I would have rather had spare zip carpets so I could change 8 per month...

Comment

These are great...Jeff Hill is a nice person to deal with...Actually great!
                    My father told me to never get old...I should have listened!

Comment

I have been using Zip carpets for some years now and I have only replaced one. We wash them with a garden hose and some Dawn dish washing liquid once per month. We have 4 spares so there are always clean ones when needed.
                      TSM & TSM Training Development
                      Main Event Entertainment
                      480-620-6758 for help or information

Comment

Zip carpets are the way to go.

Marty - Pro Bowl West
                        56 Jap A-2's Qubica VDB's
                        2 Kustodian Walkers
                        http://s1196.photobucket.com/albums/aa408/a2mechanic

Comment

How and how often do people in colder climates wash their zip carpets? Marty you're about 5 hrs south how about you?

Comment

I do them twice a year. I am due to do them now, then I do them around late september.
                            Nick

Comment

Thanks, great feedback
                              Having fun yet

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                              widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Well this is a first.

We all from time to time have one of those “wow I’ve never seen THAT before” moments. Well today was one of those for me when my night tech texts me to say lane 16 is out...

Ball return wheel guide roller removal.

Hey guys, i could just use a bit of advice trying to get this part out, first time I've had to do one of these. I got it to move a few turns but its come to a point where it has...

Even old mechanics find something new.

All my years working on these things I never had this happen…… until last week. ...

82-90XL Frontend Gearbox Parts - Rebuild Woes

We have 5 of the 088000365 replacement gear kits on the shelf, and I pulled two gearboxes off machines earlier this week, so I thought I'd try my hand at rebuilding them and save...

Prolane damage

Can this be repaired?

LED Ball Lights

Made an LED conversion for A2's and Frameworx masks. It can also be modded for the Harmony masks to accept 2 x 5mm led's and/or a 12v supply. Once I'm happy with the performance/design...
                              Working...
                              X