TOTY

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dual Ball detects

I first want to say I have been dealing with Brunswick and their technicians for over a month now and they have been great but when the problem persists this long i need to find other solutions to the problems now. Brunswick has a 90 day warranty on electronic exchange so to insure the warranty does not pass we install the electronics as soon as we get them from the manufacturer. When installed the dual ball detects seem to malfunction on a pretty regular basis. The malfunction that normally occurs will be no score or the machine will reset on its own. I have installed temporary walls to insure the reflector is the only thing reflecting the beam, i have cut a small hole in a lid and fastened it to the reflector to insure the beam is directly in the center of the reflector(overspray they call it), I have moved the dual ball detects to multiple lanes to insure failure is with the ball detect and not the installer(lol) or the lane itself. All suggestions and installations of tools have failed, but the kicker is when the orginal dual ball detect is reinstalled the problems vanish. I have brunsick pro lanes, a 2.5 diameter reflector and molex cable that is attached to the unit, and are installed under the ball sweeps

I understand that this may occur once in awhile, but this is not a one time thing or even a 10 time thing, they have on record over 15 units being exchanged. I do not understand where the problem starts or fixes itself but most units check ok when recieved by manufacturer. I am sure that some may not want to post on topics that others may be watching but any other ideas or thoughts would be greatly appreciated. If you need more info send me a message
    Having fun yet

Brunswick has 3 or 4 different versions of the time delay module the cycle detect plugs into.
    So far, I've not heard of a mismatch between the detector versions and the time delay versions, but i would not rule it out.
    Of course, the scoring ball detect half of these units would seem to be more straight forward as the input for ball detect hasn't changed since 79 scanners.
    Being under the downsweep, the only thing I can think of that could affect both detect and machine trigger is the adjusting screws being so tight, the vibration of pins hitting the kickback would affect them more than if the spring on the adjusting screw was less compressed.

We ALL want to keep abreast of how this issue gets resolved. Please keep us posted.
    This post is not an unpaid promotion of my business.

Comment

Bother

I was never a fan of multipliable ways of reseting a machines
      With that being sad
      Well lets see 1 ball detacher , 2 time delay Miguel , 3 computer trigging , 4 the machine itsalf
      Try eliminating all but one == Chack the timeing between 1-4 /\
      most times all 4 listed will try to do it at the same time

Comment

Are you talking about dual ball detects? 2 small modules on a bracket- or dual output ball detects- one larger brown box with 4 molex connectors on the rear?
        41 years and still learning....
        [email protected]

Comment

Just a thought...how high is the ball detect from the actual lane surface. I have found ball detects that are too high or too low tend to miss fast moving bowling balls. Could this be an issue with your setup?
          TSM & TSM Training Development
          Main Event Entertainment
          480-620-6758 for help or information

Comment

as far as height goes the ball detects are at the middle of the ball height , therefore insuring balls trigger the beams. yes it is the brown dual ball detects
            Having fun yet

Comment

3.5 inches to be exact, had to check to make sure
              Having fun yet

Comment

and yes i will keep you guys posted
                Having fun yet

Comment

If i can get a video of what i see, would this help? I am not sure if this will occur when i am capturing video!
                  Having fun yet

Comment

I am interested in your problem also! I have the same ball detects with Brun Elec triggering and have had some of the same issues.

Dave
                    When I die bury my balls next to the old bag!

Comment

Yes...post a video as that should help us point you in the right direction.
                      TSM & TSM Training Development
                      Main Event Entertainment
                      480-620-6758 for help or information

Comment

The ball detect should have a small green light on it, when a ball passes the light goes out and then comes back on; I would suggest watching the activity of the light as someone is bowling, if it is working properly probably look elsewhere for the problem. Also, I have seen the detector units move within the mounting bracket, you adjust and then vibration moves it out of adjustment. Check this closely!
                        Just some thoughts, hope you can run down the problem

Comment

Ok so here is some more info for you guys to chew on. We had asked Brunswick if we could remove the faulty sensor from the dual ball detect.
                          They had no issue with this so we have removed the faulty side and replaced it with another sensor from another ball detect and the problem
                          has vanished again.
                          Having fun yet

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                          widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

MP Chassis Tester

Good morning,
                          I have built a tester for the MP Chassis for the 82-70 machines. Instead of using the cam switches
                          I am using relays. My question is to anyone that may...

Preventative Maintenance - As, Jets, A2s - LEDs

Those of you looking for new LED lighting ideas may want to check out this site. Lots of stuff.

www.ledsupply.com...

4:1 Timing off..

*sigh* Hello friends..

I had a 4:1 go bad and I've never seen or done one before. Trying to search the depths of the forums, YouTube videos, it didn't seem too bad....

Adapting the Bluffton end cap & terminal board kit to Franklin BE (and FE) motors.

Left a rant about this in the bowling forum…

I’ve already repaired a a number of Franklin FE motors using the Bluffton-style end cap and terminal board kit (090-004-582)....

Turret clutch rebuild

At what thickness do you replace the clutch face.
                          Is there a minimum dimension from the clutch face to the rivet.

Thanks...

Solderless relay conversion

Is anyone running the solderless relays on the accelerators? How do you like them? What brand? How difficult to convert was it? Would love the feed back as I'm about to switch...
                          Working...
                          X