Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• An issue sliding on my Moving deck scissor cam

Hey guys, so I am in the process of putting on a new moving deck scissor cam. I have gotten the cam on almost all the way, it looks like it might even be all the way. Hard for me to tell, but it looks like there is a tiny lip on the shaft that is preventing it from sliding back further, so as far as I know, it's on all the way. The issue being, is that the cam followers only half away aline with the cam. So only half the follower would be making contact. If of course confuses me. And I wrong about thinking that the lip is supped to stop it? Or is it supposed to slide onto it? If it is back all the way where it is supposed to be, then why are all the followers not aligned? Thanks for y'alls time

did you forget the thin spacer that goes on first?

Comment

As mentioned above,

Did you put spacer on first ? cam goes against it..You did not put cam on backwards did ya? Hub should face outside..

Mike
      DO A NEAT CLEAN JOB, AND FIX IT RIGHT THE FIRST TIME. THE ONLY WAY TO WORK.

Comment

Hopefully you are using all thread method to install cam on the 1:1 shaft, and not using the force of a hammer to install.
        There is light at the end of the tunnel - just be sure it is not a train.

Comment

If that is a new cam, does it have the split hub?
          I'm going fishing and camping!

Comment

It is a new cam with a split hub. And I am not aware of the threaded method. Please do tell, this is really racking my brain. Oh, and plus, I don't recall seeing any sort of spacer at all when I took it off

Comment

Originally posted by highball View Post
              It is a new cam with a split hub. And I am not aware of the threaded method. Please do tell, this is really racking my brain. Oh, and plus, I don't recall seeing any sort of spacer at all when I took it off
              There is a bolt in the end of the shaft. This is what you should use to put the cam back on. But when you are starting the cam on the bolt will be too short so use a longer all thread bolt to get it started. When you get the moving deck scissors cam on as far as you can with the bolt, start the rake lift cam on top of it and use it to push the mdsc on the rest of the way. At times the bolt may bottom out in the hole and you may have to use a shorter bolt.
              (Psalm 37:29) The righteous themselves will possess the earth, And they will reside forever upon it.

Comment

Use 5/8" all thread with a washer and a 5/8" nut, preferably a coupling style nut as it has more threads, use 90 weight oil on the threads. There is a spacer that goes first, 12-100185-004, pg,4 item #GB54
                rfm

Comment

When putting on or taking of a split hub cam, I jam a large screwdriver into the split which will open it enough to pull on or of by hand.

Comment

Originally posted by highball View Post
                    You might not have noticed the spacer because it did not come off when you took the cam off. Look down behind the cam. The cam should not be all the way up against the bearing. You can see the spacer down there. If it is missing you need to pull it off again and put a spacer in there.
                    (Psalm 37:29) The righteous themselves will possess the earth, And they will reside forever upon it.

Comment

Highball, is the cam too far on or has not yet reached it's destination yet? Just so we know
                      70's MP/PBL/LBS,Q-Score
                      Prolane Walker sport

Comment

The spacer can not come off without removing the key.

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                        widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Well this is a first.

We all from time to time have one of those “wow I’ve never seen THAT before” moments. Well today was one of those for me when my night tech texts me to say lane 16 is out...

Ball return wheel guide roller removal.

Hey guys, i could just use a bit of advice trying to get this part out, first time I've had to do one of these. I got it to move a few turns but its come to a point where it has...

Even old mechanics find something new.

All my years working on these things I never had this happen…… until last week. ...

82-90XL Frontend Gearbox Parts - Rebuild Woes

We have 5 of the 088000365 replacement gear kits on the shelf, and I pulled two gearboxes off machines earlier this week, so I thought I'd try my hand at rebuilding them and save...

Prolane damage

Can this be repaired?

LED Ball Lights

Made an LED conversion for A2's and Frameworx masks. It can also be modded for the Harmony masks to accept 2 x 5mm led's and/or a 12v supply. Once I'm happy with the performance/design...
                        Working...
                        X