Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rolls through 180

I have a friend that's having an issue being that this machine will roll right through 180. We checked the interlock adj, dashpot, and all other related adjustments.

Now, he did replace the turret frame, and this I believe is where it all began. He also replaced most of the reset linkage as well.

Another thing I noticed is that if you pull on the pin detector link, the moving deck scissor latch will pull out from under the scissor cam follower. I'm a bit confused...

This is one time I shouldn't have answered the phone...LOL

I need some fresh ideas...STEVE are you out there.
    My father told me to never get old...I should have listened!

You stated that if you pull the pin detector link, the scissor latch moves out from under the scissor cam follower? Which way are you pulling the link. In one direction (pulled toward the rear of the pinsetter)...it should do just that. Is that what you are seeing? If so...don't worry as that is normal. By the way...what degree is the gear box when you pull the link?

You stated that the machine rolls through 180 degrees...have him stop the pinsetter with an empty deck at 180 degrees on a strike detection. Be sure that the pin detector link pulled all the way forward by looking at the strike cam follower roller bearing. Is it against the timing cam? If not...the actuator links will not "rotate" far enough to allow the clutch release lever out of the slot near the bottom of the actuators. This can be caused by a variety of things...cycle solenoid being too low, detector 1 tooth behind in timing, pin detector link binding on the cycle cam at 90 degrees, bind in the rotation of the moving deck scissor latch, etc etc. Let's see if this is the issue first and then we can move on. If this happens...no adjustment to the 180 degree interlock link will make any difference. You could take the link off the machine and it still will not stop at 180.

The other thing that comes to mind is in the turret itself. You stated this started with a change out of the turret? I would be looking at a bind in the long link, bell crank at the front of the long link, bind in the movement of the bracket at the rear of the long link. If the hook latch is not centered in the bracket (and not on the pin it is clamped to), a bind can occur preventing the forward movement of the long link.

Hope that helps...
    TSM & TSM Training Development
    Main Event Entertainment
    480-620-6758 for help or information

Comment

Phil, there can be several things that would cause this so I would start by checking what is suppose to stop the pinsetter at 180. At 90 degree strike the strike cam follower should fall all the way into the low of the timing cam , the strike cam follower pulls the pin detector link forward, the pin detector link pulls the bottom of the actuator link forward, the reset lever goes into the low of the cam relaxing the spring tothe clutch release lever allowing the pin to drop out of the slot in the actuator link allowing the stop arm to rotate under the clutch lever. If you notice the strike cam follower does not drop all the way into the low then you have a bind, the latch could be dragging on the scissor cam follower arm or moving deck cam follower due to wear, guide pin for 1-1 plate behind the latch working its way out binding the latch, or the pin detector link rubbing on cycle cams.. IF the strike cam follower falls into the low as it should then everthing above should be ok. The next thing if the pin detector link isnt pulling the actuator lever far enough forward the old style link can get worn in the rear slot. If you have installed the new style link make sure it isnt on backwards. All that being said it can be the 180 interlock adj., to strong of a starter bell crank spring, to strong of a stop arm spring.. some people have gone to running pin gate lever springs on there stop arms just for this reason, I swear the new springs they sell are to strong. last make sure the spring on the reset lever to the release lever is relaxed as it should be at 180. Then the interlock adj could be a problem binding anywhere from the linkages to the long link. hope you find it...... guess I should have said check your drip pan before anything else lol ... dang im getting old and forgetful
      formerly dunsel
      ITS NOT HOW MUCH YOU KNOW ITS HOW MUCH YOU CARE!!!!!

Comment

Steve, we must have been typing at the same time.. and you are faster
        formerly dunsel
        ITS NOT HOW MUCH YOU KNOW ITS HOW MUCH YOU CARE!!!!!

Comment

Well I swung by for another look, and found the detector off a tooth. Gonna start with that and see where it leads...Actually he is. LOL

Comment

Yep...that would do it.
            TSM & TSM Training Development
            Main Event Entertainment
            480-620-6758 for help or information

Comment

That did the trick...put it back to where it neede to be. What a headache being off one tooth caused...lol

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
              widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Well this is a first.

We all from time to time have one of those “wow I’ve never seen THAT before” moments. Well today was one of those for me when my night tech texts me to say lane 16 is out...

Ball return wheel guide roller removal.

Hey guys, i could just use a bit of advice trying to get this part out, first time I've had to do one of these. I got it to move a few turns but its come to a point where it has...

Even old mechanics find something new.

All my years working on these things I never had this happen…… until last week. ...

82-90XL Frontend Gearbox Parts - Rebuild Woes

We have 5 of the 088000365 replacement gear kits on the shelf, and I pulled two gearboxes off machines earlier this week, so I thought I'd try my hand at rebuilding them and save...

Prolane damage

Can this be repaired?

LED Ball Lights

Made an LED conversion for A2's and Frameworx masks. It can also be modded for the Harmony masks to accept 2 x 5mm led's and/or a 12v supply. Once I'm happy with the performance/design...
              Working...
              X