Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pit curtains

I am having trouble with shining spots on my pit curtains which affect the 86 scanners to miscore.They are always
    the shiny rubber ones.Anyone have a suggestion on how to dull the curtains ?
    Thanks Ron

RON try Teflon pad to remove glaze

Comment

I've seen one guy pull the curtain, and hit the front side with a belt sander! I guess it worked. Another guy spray painted the curtain flat black.I ordered a new pit curtain from QAMF and the rubber was a really nice matted texture, which was molded into the surface of the rubber. no glare, and the oil streak, from me not cleaning up my drip pan, was invisible to the camera. If you have the ability replace with a new curtain. Roughing up the surface may help for a little while, but wouldn't be a permanent fix.

Comment

What i've had to do in the past is take a palm sander with 100 grit on it and just take out the shiney spots.

Comment

I have tried the flat black and it gets on the pins really bad after it has dried over night.Will tried the other ones mentioned above
          and see what happens .

Thanks Ron

Comment

One of the things that I did was to clean the curtains once a week. Not only did it keep scoring issues to a minimum (hardly any at all); but it also helped me find oil leaks. A note was made, and the leak was corrected in a short amount of time.

Scuffing up the curtain is a temporary fix at best. Keep your curtains clean and oil free is the best remedy (also the least costly).

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
            widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Well this is a first.

We all from time to time have one of those “wow I’ve never seen THAT before” moments. Well today was one of those for me when my night tech texts me to say lane 16 is out...

Ball return wheel guide roller removal.

Hey guys, i could just use a bit of advice trying to get this part out, first time I've had to do one of these. I got it to move a few turns but its come to a point where it has...

Even old mechanics find something new.

All my years working on these things I never had this happen…… until last week. ...

82-90XL Frontend Gearbox Parts - Rebuild Woes

We have 5 of the 088000365 replacement gear kits on the shelf, and I pulled two gearboxes off machines earlier this week, so I thought I'd try my hand at rebuilding them and save...

Prolane damage

Can this be repaired?

LED Ball Lights

Made an LED conversion for A2's and Frameworx masks. It can also be modded for the Harmony masks to accept 2 x 5mm led's and/or a 12v supply. Once I'm happy with the performance/design...
            Working...
            X