Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Manager control switch

I have a machine that if they try to turn it on from the front desk it blows the 5 amp fuse. I can unplug the canon plug on top of the electrical box and turn the machine on with the mechanics switch and it will run fine, if I plug the canon plug back in it will blow the fuse. What do I need to be looking at? The wire looks good no breaks or anything like that.
    It's better to remain silent and let people think you're stupid than to speak and remove all doubt

I'd first open the 3 pole managers control canon plug that you removed. The wires outside the jacket of that cord dry rot and could have gotten twisted together or are touching the shell of the connector.
    Next step is looking in the managers control distribution box on the curtain wall. Trace the same cable to that box and disconnect the white wire then the black to see which end of the circuit has the issue.
    finally, look in the managers control box itself up front for the wires going to the frame counter rectifier and switch for shorts.
    I'd also change the 5 amp for something closer to 3 amps. The original was 3.2 amps, but most machines won't need near that much current to run.
    This post is not an unpaid promotion of my business.

Comment

Thank you. Someone also posted that you might be able to tell me about screening synthetic lanes.
      It's better to remain silent and let people think you're stupid than to speak and remove all doubt

Comment

I had a very simular problem recently, I ended up having to run a new wiring from the frame counter through the ceiling to the bank eight. And from there to the cannon plug. Rats or birds got hold of the wire and chewed several spots on it.

Comment

Inside the manager switch box at the front desk, pull the group of eight cover off and disconnect the diode across the meter connections. Test the diode with a OHM meter, it should conduct in one direction, and not in the other. If the diode is open it will cause the machine to blow the fuse at 270 degrees setting a new rack (this is when the pinsetter counts frames). If it is failed (conducts in both directions, or is open) replace with a 1N4007 diode. If the diode is good (only conducts in one direction), the meter may have an internal short. To test this, place one lead on ground (meter housing) and test both meter connections to ground, one at a time. If it conducts to ground, you have a bad meter.

Comment

Originally posted by ColJim View Post
            Thank you. Someone also posted that you might be able to tell me about screening synthetic lanes.
            At the risk of being moved to another thread,

I used to do it for a living. Still can, or tell you how. I use a 17 or 20" rotary with a rubber drive pad. Brunswick first described the technique, but Dave Dirrito has revisited it recently. I don't know if they changed anything. Nothing has beed released yet from Brunswick.
            So for now, get 220 or 240 grit screens for your machine as well as 350 grit. Make 4 passes on each lane with each grit. You'll not see much of anything you may hope to remove. 24 lanes will yield less than a handful of residue.
            First, though, do test a spot down the lane for the screens scratching the surface. I have not screened everyones synthetic surface, so I can't say for sure the screen wil not damage any of them. If you see any hint of ANY scratching STOP! The scratches cannot be fixed.
            Everywhere I went to do this, they reported the lanes were much better. I, for one, was amazed - thinking I wasn't doing anything to the surface. because I was used to making a mess running the screen on lanes. When I was done, there was virtually no clean up.
            This post is not an unpaid promotion of my business.

Comment

I have heard directly from QAMF that this should not be done on HPL/SPL. If you are going to attempt this on their product...I would definitely do as Ted suggests...try this down the lane to see what will happen.

And yes...if we would like to visit this further, we should move to the lane maintenance forum.
              TSM & TSM Training Development
              Main Event Entertainment
              480-620-6758 for help or information

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
              widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Well this is a first.

We all from time to time have one of those “wow I’ve never seen THAT before” moments. Well today was one of those for me when my night tech texts me to say lane 16 is out...

Ball return wheel guide roller removal.

Hey guys, i could just use a bit of advice trying to get this part out, first time I've had to do one of these. I got it to move a few turns but its come to a point where it has...

Even old mechanics find something new.

All my years working on these things I never had this happen…… until last week. ...

82-90XL Frontend Gearbox Parts - Rebuild Woes

We have 5 of the 088000365 replacement gear kits on the shelf, and I pulled two gearboxes off machines earlier this week, so I thought I'd try my hand at rebuilding them and save...

Prolane damage

Can this be repaired?

LED Ball Lights

Made an LED conversion for A2's and Frameworx masks. It can also be modded for the Harmony masks to accept 2 x 5mm led's and/or a 12v supply. Once I'm happy with the performance/design...
              Working...
              X