Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pin Spots...

Hey Guys,

I'm fairly new to the A2's, kinda been thrown in the deep end, after 3 months of working here our head tech/facilities manager left, and now I'm here picking up the pieces.

I'm wanting to know how to get individual pins on spot? My experience is with 82-30's and 70's, where they are fairly simple, I'm just slightly stumped with these ones.

Our sanction guy/ lane certifier just came through and we failed on just the spotting, do I adjust the fingers around to move the pin or what?

Thanks in advance

Zane

Individual pin spotting isn't adjustable on the A/A2's. Issues that cause single pin miss placement are usually attributed to bent spotting fingers and/or binding deck rollers. An acceptable distance between the inside of two fingers is 3-1/8", no further. If you're short of good spare fingers you can shim the fingers with scissor link fiber washers.

After the moving deck shifts at 180 to set new pins is where you should see all the pin bases protruding from the deck assembly equally. The pins that sit lower are the ones that need attention.

Moving of the pinsetter front-end and/or stabilizer rods is for overall pin placement.
    Factory & Converted A-2 (US, Ger, Jap)
    Comscore ECT, Matrix & DuoHD
    Walker B, Sanction Standard, Original K, Flex Walker & Ikon
    Kegel C.A.T.S

Comment

Thank you very much for that reply!

Zane

Comment

In addition to checking the items Kanga listed do a deck height adjustment and level adjustment. This is how I do them.

Deck cable adjustment: Cycle machine to just past 270 setting new pins. You want to stop it when the spotting fingers are even with the widest part of the belly of the pin. You may have to shut it off and crank the belt to get it at just the right position. Make sure you LOTO. At this point adjust the moving deck cable so the spotting fingers are as close to the pin without actually touching it. Now pay attention here because you may have to make a compromise with this adjustment. Cycle the machine back up to 0. Look at the position of the geneva rollers. The bottom of the roller should not be down further than the bottom of the slot in the geneva plate. If it is you will have to loosen the cable up a bit. Another note: Pay attention to what Lonnie said about the cables making contact with the cross member.

Deck height: Cycle the machine to 270 setting new pins. LOTO. Climb down into the machine. Check the pins. They should all be firmly sitting on the pin-deck. If not the deck is too high. Also check to see how much front to back movement you get with the pins trying to slide them forward and backward. This should be minimal. Be sure to check all 10 pins on both of these two items to make sure they all all even. If not you may have a level issue or a spotting finger may be bent or a deck roller may be bad.

These will ensure that your pins are spotting solidly every time. If the have too much movement when being spotted they could go off spot.
        (Psalm 37:29) The righteous themselves will possess the earth, And they will reside forever upon it.

Comment

Not to disagree with the previous two very detailed, well worded posts, but if you have just one or two off, don't forget to check the deck rollers, too. Sometimes the simplest answer is the correct one.

Comment

I believe Kanga mentioned deck rollers but it never hurts to emphasize them. Usually when I have problem with pin-setting I just oil the deck rollers and the problem goes away.
            (Psalm 37:29) The righteous themselves will possess the earth, And they will reside forever upon it.

Comment

I had a look yesterday at them (had other things to do for sanction first), all 10 pins are off spot, all to far forward and to the right when looking at machine. We did a deck height adjustment, loosened and re-tightend pin rollers, still nothing, service manual says to loosen bearing coupler above the stabilizer arms and shift it across, but already looks like someone has attempted that.

Is there anything else I can do? The frame seems to sitting square on kickbacks, and pin deck hasn't moved

Thanks for the advice, it is much appreciated!

Zane

Comment

If the deck assy isn't level the stabilizer rods can correct some of the front to back position when level. The front end of the machine can be re-positioned to correct the rest of the pin placement. Essentially you need to loosen anything connected to the front end of the machine.

Place the machine at 270 setting new pins and loosen:
                Wire channel
                Motor Mount
                Cross Conveyor
                Boosters and platform (if you have them)
                loosen the jam nuts on the pinsetter feet sitting on the kick backs

Lever the pinsetter feet in the direction needed. I use hollowed out pins in the 1,7 and 10 pin position to check my progress. The centre you're in may already have the deck pin gauge tool (special hollow pin) which is intended for this purpose.
                Kegel C.A.T.S

Comment

Originally posted by Lucas10 View Post
                  We did a deck height adjustment
                  Zane
                  How did you perform this adjustment? There are two ways.
                  Kegel C.A.T.S

Comment

If all 10 arent on spot and in the same spot, could the pindecks have been replaced and not where they should be?? We have a few lanes that are as you described.
                    B Mechanic Freeway Lanes of Parma
                    42 Old Otis A's, Steltronic Scoring, Kegel ION Sport

Comment

Originally posted by Kanga View Post
                      How did you perform this adjustment? There are two ways.
                      Lowered the table down onto 1" thick planks of plywood, loosened the stabilizer arms, other guy stood on front of the table to bring the back up, then while still standing on it, tightened stabilizer arms.

The guy that is here, has been here for 2+ years, but seems to spend 90% of his time playing games on the computer at work, so it's kinda me or no-one to get these issues sorted, and with my lack of experience with Brunswick equipment, makes it a ton harder!

Zane

Comment

Ahh, gotcha. That's the level adjustment. If you find yourself needing to raise or lower the deck height, first check the deck lift shaft height and rake sweep shaft height: Adjustment 13. More often than not if the deck is too low or high the machine height is out.
                        Kegel C.A.T.S

Comment

I've just spent the last half hour going through our manual, and an online manual, where I thought I could find the measurements, but I can't.

The Deck lift shaft, what is the height it should be? I'm going to guess it'll be a height thing, because a lot of the kickbacks here, are in a bad shape, so thinking it may have dropped a lil

Zane

P.S, sorry for using up peoples valuable time on this 'most likely' minor issue, I really do appreciate the help

Comment

We're all glad to help.

http://www.brunswickbowling.com/down...752828-000.pdf

Page 138 in the PDF viewer (Adjustment 13, 3-16).

It's also prudent to give the search function a workout first, that way you might get some answers straight away.

Let us know how it goes.
                            Kegel C.A.T.S

Comment

Originally posted by Lucas10 View Post
                              P.S, sorry for using up peoples valuable time on this 'most likely' minor issue, I really do appreciate the help
                              Zane - there is no such thing as a "minor" issue. We're here to help, no matter what the issue is.

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                              widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Well this is a first.

We all from time to time have one of those “wow I’ve never seen THAT before” moments. Well today was one of those for me when my night tech texts me to say lane 16 is out...

Ball return wheel guide roller removal.

Hey guys, i could just use a bit of advice trying to get this part out, first time I've had to do one of these. I got it to move a few turns but its come to a point where it has...

Even old mechanics find something new.

All my years working on these things I never had this happen…… until last week. ...

82-90XL Frontend Gearbox Parts - Rebuild Woes

We have 5 of the 088000365 replacement gear kits on the shelf, and I pulled two gearboxes off machines earlier this week, so I thought I'd try my hand at rebuilding them and save...

Prolane damage

Can this be repaired?

LED Ball Lights

Made an LED conversion for A2's and Frameworx masks. It can also be modded for the Harmony masks to accept 2 x 5mm led's and/or a 12v supply. Once I'm happy with the performance/design...
                              Working...
                              X