Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how to speed up a/ jetbacks

i have 6 a/jetbacks that i want to speed up operation. what do i to speed them up? change pulleys,stronger motors, gearboxes or conversion kits! what do i do to solve this?

You can just change motor pulleys but I hafta ask why do you want to speed them up? I think I can speak for most of the techs here that the most popular move is to slow them down. Just wondering.
    "Hey, barkeep, whose leg do you have to hump to get a dry martini around here?"

Comment

I THINK THEY R RUNNING SLOW! THANKS CHIPMAN!

Comment

Measure the OD of the motor to gearbox pulley as well as the motor to elevator, and let us know what you have now.
        rfm

Comment

I have to echo "Chipman." Most of us have slowed our machines down to "A" speed. The logic is that there is less wear and tear on the gearboxes and their associated linkages. Another reason is that it takes approximately 13 seconds for the ball to get back to the bowler. By that time, and even at "A" speed, the pinsetter has completed its cycle.

Comment

Ditto, I am changing motor pulleys on mine now, from the Jetback to A pulleys. Sort of weird now, because I am still doing it to see one lane running faster than the one next to it.

Marty - Pro Bowl West
            56 Jap A-2's Qubica VDB's
            2 Kustodian Walkers
            http://s1196.photobucket.com/albums/aa408/a2mechanic

Comment

Thanks So Cal Tom!

Comment

Thanks Marty!

Comment

Ok I Will ! Thanks Roscoe!

Comment

Anyone have a "pie plate" he could throw on if he wants to see some speed?

Marty - Pro Bowl West
                    56 Jap A-2's Qubica VDB's
                    2 Kustodian Walkers
                    http://s1196.photobucket.com/albums/aa408/a2mechanic

Comment

Originally posted by Marty Murphy View Post

Marty - Pro Bowl West
                      Can you say - KABOOM! LOL

Comment

I'm with the majority I'm slowing mine down
                        the reason you may think there slow is you may have faster ones beside it slow the faster than you wont be able to tell than you can thank yourself later that you did when you notice that hey are braking less
                        Mama said bowlers are ornery because they got all them balls and conditions are never good enough

Comment

Remember one thing...Speed is a killer...LOL
                          My father told me to never get old...I should have listened!

Comment

Originally posted by Marty Murphy View Post
                            Or better yet, forget about the pulley and belt power transmission. Go with direct drive. Construct a new motor mount, and reverse the direction of the motor's rotation. Connect the motor directly to the gearbox. If you're lucky, the pinsetter may complete one cycle before it explodes.

Comment

I don't mind running the gear box slower, but the elevator I like to keep moving. Not much worse than putting 10 in the pit, and then wait to throw next shot in 10th.

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                              widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Well this is a first.

We all from time to time have one of those “wow I’ve never seen THAT before” moments. Well today was one of those for me when my night tech texts me to say lane 16 is out...

Ball return wheel guide roller removal.

Hey guys, i could just use a bit of advice trying to get this part out, first time I've had to do one of these. I got it to move a few turns but its come to a point where it has...

Even old mechanics find something new.

All my years working on these things I never had this happen…… until last week. ...

82-90XL Frontend Gearbox Parts - Rebuild Woes

We have 5 of the 088000365 replacement gear kits on the shelf, and I pulled two gearboxes off machines earlier this week, so I thought I'd try my hand at rebuilding them and save...

Prolane damage

Can this be repaired?

LED Ball Lights

Made an LED conversion for A2's and Frameworx masks. It can also be modded for the Harmony masks to accept 2 x 5mm led's and/or a 12v supply. Once I'm happy with the performance/design...
                              Working...
                              X