Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blowing 1amp Fuse

Blowing 1amp fuse. Found a little slime coming out of Mag. clutch socket? Tried plugging everything in 1at a time and nothing blew. Bowled a string on it and it was fine. BUT when gave out machine last night it blew again.
    Need some help, any body have a good procedure for the 1amp fuse.
    Thanks
    Last edited by monsta; 07-03-2012, 08:03 AM.

Check for Luises connections in Z box

Comment

Maybe you have a bare spot on pit lamp cord somewhere that just happens to touch frame once and awhile

Mike
      DO A NEAT CLEAN JOB, AND FIX IT RIGHT THE FIRST TIME. THE ONLY WAY TO WORK.

Comment

I keep a few clip-on breakers at basic fuse sizes. Make them up with alligator clips and insulate the connections. Then when troubleshooting an issue like this you are just tripping the breaker rather than going thru a handful of fuses.
        Failed safety course.Question #1:In case of fire what steps do you take? Apparently 'Friggin long ones!" is the wrong answer.

Comment

Drop that clutch electrical socket out of the channel and see if the problem is there. High voltage DC (90 volts) does not like moisture.

Comment

Slime? Not sure what could cause slime other than electrical tape going bad.
            Yea...take that apart and see what is going on in there.

Not that I am recommending you jump to this level...

You can do this temporarily by just inserting fuses/breakers into each circuit and then letting it run until one of them pops. This will let you know what circuit to focus on.
            TSM & TSM Training Development
            Main Event Entertainment
            480-620-6758 for help or information

Comment

Thanks I like that.
              It is still a mystery haven't found the cause yet. I ran it and bowled on it for a while. I'm not satisfied with it, we'll see what happens.

Comment

It's Monday morning and it blew again Sat. It ran for a couple of days. I think I'll just start replacing things. The machine was sitting at zero when it blew. ????????

Comment

definetly sound like your new pins solenoid could be an issue. inspect wire to relay, if no problems found then unplug both wires to solenoid, tape up connectors to solenoid( even though they are insulated it can still find an edge of a screw to ground on. Then check resistance on your new pins solenoid. It should not read 0.0! if it does it is shorted out and needs replacing. I forget what ohm reading should be there but there shoul be recoginzable resistance when tested. If you don't see a problem there then run the pinsetter as is over the next week or so and see if it blows another fuse.
                  ME&My68

There's no such thing as idiot proof, it just makes a better idiot!

Comment

Don't just start replacing things. Determine where the issue is first or you might end up spending hundreds of dollars for a loose wire. Install some circuit breakers to determine what circuit is causing the issue. You will spend about ten minutes to do this and it will cost you just about ten bucks. If you need help knowing where to install them...give me a call and I will walk you through installing them. You could also install some simple 1 amp fuses if you do not have any breakers available like the ones I have in the image above.
                    TSM & TSM Training Development
                    Main Event Entertainment
                    480-620-6758 for help or information

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                    widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Well this is a first.

We all from time to time have one of those “wow I’ve never seen THAT before” moments. Well today was one of those for me when my night tech texts me to say lane 16 is out...

Ball return wheel guide roller removal.

Hey guys, i could just use a bit of advice trying to get this part out, first time I've had to do one of these. I got it to move a few turns but its come to a point where it has...

Even old mechanics find something new.

All my years working on these things I never had this happen…… until last week. ...

82-90XL Frontend Gearbox Parts - Rebuild Woes

We have 5 of the 088000365 replacement gear kits on the shelf, and I pulled two gearboxes off machines earlier this week, so I thought I'd try my hand at rebuilding them and save...

Prolane damage

Can this be repaired?

LED Ball Lights

Made an LED conversion for A2's and Frameworx masks. It can also be modded for the Harmony masks to accept 2 x 5mm led's and/or a 12v supply. Once I'm happy with the performance/design...
                    Working...
                    X