Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Turret 1-7-10 problem

One of my lanes hasn't been indexing past the 1-7-10 occasionally mainly the 7 pin when they call a 180 we go over and tap the pin down then the turret indexes. Any ideas?

You may have slop in the index linkages etc. and im sure many on here will tell you everything to check. If you have a problem the 1,7,10 will be the first to fail to index from the way the pin comes off the inner turret wire in these 3 positions. Even though you may have wear in the linkages you may be able to solve this problem by loosenig the tension on the long turret belt idler spring. The less tension on this spring the easiar the pin can depress the lever, however if you get it to loose it will not index past the 5.
    formerly dunsel
    ITS NOT HOW MUCH YOU KNOW ITS HOW MUCH YOU CARE!!!!!

Comment

As rip mentioned...the tension on the long turret drive belt can cause this issue. You would also want to look at the pivot points within the indexing linkage to be sure they are in good shape. Easiest way to do this is to hold the indexing latch in a open position. Hold it tight against the indexing cam so it can not move. With your other hand, grab the indexing trip lever and move it up and down. Any movement in the indexing trip lever will allow you to follow the linkage and find the pivot points that are worn. Replace the linkage or pivot points that are loose/worn. There are a couple of things you can do to help improve the integrity of the linkage. Install a positive stop. There are several available out there. You should also consider the bolt in pins from Quality. 12-1587 and 12-1588. Great improvement for the indexing linkage. Check the condition of the indexing latch itself. Brunswick put out a bad batch of indexing latches many years ago and unfortunately, some are still around. When you have a flat latch in the linkage, it becomes increasingly difficult to get the turret to index properly. Here is a picture showing a good latch and a flat latch side by side. The latch onthe right is the bad one...

TSM & TSM Training Development
      Main Event Entertainment
      480-620-6758 for help or information

Comment

Is there a rubber pad under the snubber? It may seem unnecessary, but it does raise the snubber up to start contacting the belly of the pin and getting the pin to rotate 90 degrees as it comes out of the cross conveyor to hit the indexing lever solidly, instead of bouncing off the turret wire first.

Comment

Thank you I'll let y'all know what I find.

Comment

One the x washer pins for the trip lever latch was worn down therefore causeing the turret not to release properly thanks for the help

Comment

I suggest you replace both short link 'X' washer pins with the Quality "latch-pin, nut and 'O' ring" and "Bellcrank pin and nut"; you'll be doing yourself a favor.
              Factory & Converted A-2 (US, Ger, Jap)
              Comscore ECT, Matrix & DuoHD
              Walker B, Sanction Standard, Original K, Flex Walker & Ikon
              Kegel C.A.T.S

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
              widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Well this is a first.

We all from time to time have one of those “wow I’ve never seen THAT before” moments. Well today was one of those for me when my night tech texts me to say lane 16 is out...

Ball return wheel guide roller removal.

Hey guys, i could just use a bit of advice trying to get this part out, first time I've had to do one of these. I got it to move a few turns but its come to a point where it has...

Even old mechanics find something new.

All my years working on these things I never had this happen…… until last week. ...

82-90XL Frontend Gearbox Parts - Rebuild Woes

We have 5 of the 088000365 replacement gear kits on the shelf, and I pulled two gearboxes off machines earlier this week, so I thought I'd try my hand at rebuilding them and save...

Prolane damage

Can this be repaired?

LED Ball Lights

Made an LED conversion for A2's and Frameworx masks. It can also be modded for the Harmony masks to accept 2 x 5mm led's and/or a 12v supply. Once I'm happy with the performance/design...
              Working...
              X