Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kegel Deck Rollers

Anyone have anything good or bad to say about them? I bought a couple to try out, after 2 months, they are not allowing the pins to shift smoothly, sometimes causing a jam. This was just a test so no harm done, but we ran the machine quite a bit, an average of about 20 games per day 5 days a week.

So they are not spinning freely? Did you try to oil them?
    (Psalm 37:29) The righteous themselves will possess the earth, And they will reside forever upon it.

Comment

They Spin freely without a pin...lol
      The rollers are made from a "self-lubricating" Material, so I haven't tried oil...

Comment

I will never buy a deck roller I have to oil!

Dave
        When I die bury my balls next to the old bag!

Comment

i recently got one...... im having the same issues with pin transfer. im tryin it in the #1 bucket.. been in for a week now. im more partial to the black runner ones. but like you said michigan its only a test...... what i am interested in is the support rollers.. may get a pair in a few weeks to try
          Is the breaker off? Yes. I grab the wire.. Its hot.... I grabbed him. He bounced... I love 220 volts

Comment

Support Rollers?

Comment

I don't trust anything promoted as "self lubricating", "100% maintenance free" Or, for that matter "Advanced Performance". Especially when it comes to deck rollers, or things like the newer PPP-PC1K graphite hub cam and roller kits. Things that have two metal on metal pivot points, like most deck roller hubs, have a bronze bushing that is in between those wear points. The principal is that when the parts rub against each other they generate friction. the friction generates heat. Heat causes the bushing to "sweat" the oil out, which reduces friction. Periodically the oil in these parts needs to be replenished. I have some of the older PPP-PC1K cam and roller kits. I assembled them with grease between the spacer and the hub of the red roller. They get some oil periodically, but 5 years later have seen little wear. I don't know if the new "self lubricating" graphite hubs will last that long. Only time will tell.

Comment

Mike...I have found that the Enviro bushings perform pretty much as advertised. The product does pretty good as a "never needs lube" kinda thing. But...other than that...I tend to agree with you.

Originally posted by tubby View Post
                I will never buy a deck roller I have to oil!

Dave
                Dave...unless you are using the solid deck roller from Brunswick...every deck roller should be lubed...at least the X-washer pin that supports it should be lubed. Where the pin goes through the bracket will wear without lubrication.
                TSM & TSM Training Development
                Main Event Entertainment
                480-620-6758 for help or information

Comment

Originally posted by michigan82 View Post
                  Support Rollers?
                  yup the have 1 piece lower ball wheel and pin wheel support rollers... no flanges to change out
                  Is the breaker off? Yes. I grab the wire.. Its hot.... I grabbed him. He bounced... I love 220 volts

Comment

Sparky, It is cheaper to make your own flanges with no bevel...lol I save over 75% per flange and the material I use lasts longer than other peoples. If you need help doing it let me know, I'm not but a mile away from the center you are at. However I will say that after 1 month in, Kegels lower ball wheel guide rollers are holding up so far.

Comment

Deck rollers NEED lubrication on the x-pins as steve said.
                      I always lubed them before the season started and as a test you simply spin each one by hand on the machine and if it makes a growl sound it needs lubing and or it's toast from lack of lubings.
                      I also checked them for ANY wobble at the x-pin and the brackets.
                      Twice a year they got attention and no jams due to a bad roller.
                      PREVENTATIVE MAINTENANCE is the key,while cleaning the deck chutes i spin the rollers,among a ton of other things i LOOK for.Pays off in the end with no troubles.
                      NO troubles means happy machines,happy mechanic,happy bowlers.

Comment

Originally posted by michigan82 View Post
                        Sparky, It is cheaper to make your own flanges with no bevel...lol I save over 75% per flange and the material I use lasts longer than other peoples. If you need help doing it let me know, I'm not but a mile away from the center you are at. However I will say that after 1 month in, Kegels lower ball wheel guide rollers are holding up so far.
                        awesome deal i may have to take you up on that offer... and sadly i forgot to mention something about the solid deck rollers... the brackets tend to oval out pretty bad from when pins are dropped in from the turret.

Comment

kegal sent me a couple to test im wondering about haw hard they are and what many years impact will do to the scissor deck tried urethane ones years ago and wore out all my deck roller brackets so i stick with the originals by buying the rubber and pressing it on to original flanged spacer bill castaways bowl

Comment

Something I like to do for almost any deck roller is to enlarge the holes on the bracket and press in an oilite bearing. I get the bearings cheaper than the pins or brackets, so it works for me...

Comment

What do you use to make the flanges and where can you buy it ?
                              It's better to remain silent and let people think you're stupid than to speak and remove all doubt

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                              widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Well this is a first.

We all from time to time have one of those “wow I’ve never seen THAT before” moments. Well today was one of those for me when my night tech texts me to say lane 16 is out...

Ball return wheel guide roller removal.

Hey guys, i could just use a bit of advice trying to get this part out, first time I've had to do one of these. I got it to move a few turns but its come to a point where it has...

Even old mechanics find something new.

All my years working on these things I never had this happen…… until last week. ...

82-90XL Frontend Gearbox Parts - Rebuild Woes

We have 5 of the 088000365 replacement gear kits on the shelf, and I pulled two gearboxes off machines earlier this week, so I thought I'd try my hand at rebuilding them and save...

Prolane damage

Can this be repaired?

LED Ball Lights

Made an LED conversion for A2's and Frameworx masks. It can also be modded for the Harmony masks to accept 2 x 5mm led's and/or a 12v supply. Once I'm happy with the performance/design...
                              Working...
                              X