Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wood Platform Step Between Brunswick Machines.

Collapse

Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wood Platform Step Between Brunswick Machines.

Hello Fellow Mechanics, I have been out of the loop for about 7 years as a mechanic. A friend of mine purchased a center near my home, he has Brunswick A-2's and has had the center for about 3 years now. The machines are in rough shape and he asked me to come aboard and give him some help, This website sure has changed over the years. It is really great and helpfull as I have been going through some of the posts.
    One of the many questions I may have, is there are a few pair of lanes with the wooden step between the machines that are broken. Is there anywhere I can get a few to replace?
    Thanks

Welcome to BT Eddieg!

Ones that I've replaced were cut from plywood using a good spare. Not worth trying to locate IMO.
    Factory & Converted A-2 (US, Ger, Jap)
    Comscore ECT, Matrix & DuoHD
    Walker B, Sanction Standard, Original K, Flex Walker & Ikon
    Kegel C.A.T.S

Comment

Make certain you make it from a true 3/4" hardwood plywood. A very critical part indeed. It's listed as a "Z" board in the parts manual.
      rfm

Comment

If you are concerned about someone not putting their foot down properly when climbing up and down, then use good 3/4 " ply as Roxcoe states. It will hold up and not sag or crack for the little bit of gap that it covers. Sand or round off the edges to cut down on the splinters and use several coats of paint.

If you're confident people are responsible, then don't bother replacing them as Kanga states. I personally haven't twisted any ankles or gotten my feet stuck with them not being there. At times it is better to have them out of the way when working between machines on Y switch or accelerator issues.

They probably have a side reason for being there to transmit vibrations or stabilize one machine to another to 'share the shakes' but........

Comment

platform step

This is the material we are using between the machine for steps. You can buy sheets at your local metal supplier.

steel-diamond-floor-plate.jpg
          I'm going fishing and camping!

Comment

Thank you as always guys!!!

Comment

Originally posted by loadtoad View Post
              They probably have a side reason for being there........
              Yes, there is. It's for old geezers like me to be able to climb on a pinsetter.

Comment

Originally posted by SoCalTom View Post
                Yes, there is. It's for old geezers like me to be able to climb on a pinsetter.
                I wasn't going to go there...I'd have to include myself in that category!

Comment

I too cut mine out of a good grade of plywood, sand smooth and throw some silica sand in the paint, then put on two coats. Makes for a nice non-slip no splinter surface.
                  ME&My68

There's no such thing as idiot proof, it just makes a better idiot!

Comment

I haven't replaced any yet but they are 2x12 cut at 9'' across, painted with silica sand in the paint as well. With notches cut for the elevator frame mounts.

Comment

I would add a step between machines

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                      widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Well this is a first.

We all from time to time have one of those “wow I’ve never seen THAT before” moments. Well today was one of those for me when my night tech texts me to say lane 16 is out...

Ball return wheel guide roller removal.

Hey guys, i could just use a bit of advice trying to get this part out, first time I've had to do one of these. I got it to move a few turns but its come to a point where it has...

Even old mechanics find something new.

All my years working on these things I never had this happen…… until last week. ...

82-90XL Frontend Gearbox Parts - Rebuild Woes

We have 5 of the 088000365 replacement gear kits on the shelf, and I pulled two gearboxes off machines earlier this week, so I thought I'd try my hand at rebuilding them and save...

Prolane damage

Can this be repaired?

LED Ball Lights

Made an LED conversion for A2's and Frameworx masks. It can also be modded for the Harmony masks to accept 2 x 5mm led's and/or a 12v supply. Once I'm happy with the performance/design...
                      Working...
                      X