Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Summer issues

I have read before of people having issues with cross conveyor belts in the summer slipping, but I was wondering if a lot of mechs also experience issues will blackouts and 180s via what looks to be turret and deck chute issues in the summer as well. Does the humidity seem to cause an overall increase in machine malfunction for anyone else? I have seen this to be a trend in my 3 or so years working on brunswicks. Just looking for some insight on the matter. Thanks guys.

Its well known and is often referred to as "the summer blues". Lava soap on the CC belts does wonders. It won't mark or redeposit on the pins. Clean deck chutes are the other remedy for jams. Some even use pledge on chutes.
    rfm

Comment

I am actually not really having any cc problems. I've cleaned the deck chutes and that has helped. But I also seem to be having a lot of turret issues causing 180s and blackouts across the house. Is this something that can also be related to the change in weather or am I just looking at turrets that happen to be acting up at the same time? It looks like all my turret issues are an indexing past the five problem. I'm not a hundred percent on this yet however as I haven't been able to catch any machines in the act.

Comment

When I had issues with humidity I would blame it on the pins swelling. I would have problems in the buckets and turret wires if the were tight. Never with them not indexing past the 5.
        Sometimes we have to do stuff to get by....Just go back and do it right when the "by" has passed!!

Comment

are you running the black cc belts or the high performance white ones?
          Is the breaker off? Yes. I grab the wire.. Its hot.... I grabbed him. He bounced... I love 220 volts

Comment

Originally posted by Roscoe View Post
            Its well known and is often referred to as "the summer blues". Lava soap on the CC belts does wonders. It won't mark or redeposit on the pins. Clean deck chutes are the other remedy for jams. Some even use pledge on chutes.
            never used that, but i've used armor all.
            jsebeny1980@gmail.com | jsebeny <--YouTube | Cell: 309-275-2453

Comment

Originally posted by emcnelis View Post
              I am actually not really having any cc problems. I've cleaned the deck chutes and that has helped. But I also seem to be having a lot of turret issues causing 180s and blackouts across the house. Is this something that can also be related to the change in weather or am I just looking at turrets that happen to be acting up at the same time? It looks like all my turret issues are an indexing past the five problem. I'm not a hundred percent on this yet however as I haven't been able to catch any machines in the act.
              when you go to clear the 180/blackouts what does the turret look like? is it not indexing after 5, indexing 2 pins (or more) after 5? is the 5 pin (once its in the deck chute) hitting the pin release lever? easy way to check is to have an empty deck, index the turret to the 5 then shut off the power. place a pin through, and move the interlock probe to see if you can feel it hitting the 5 pin. if so, there is an easy "mod" to the pin release lever that masternut uses. i've used it on every single turret i've rebuilt and can say it works!
              jsebeny1980@gmail.com | jsebeny <--YouTube | Cell: 309-275-2453

Comment

Originally posted by Roscoe View Post
                Ben doing both for years CONTINUE MOVING AIR IN SHOP HELPS
                Last edited by wepauls; 07-15-2012, 01:46 PM.

Comment

I don't believe that turret troubles and the weather are related. I do believe that the troubles with pins swelling cause other seemingly related issues.

The thing to remember is the sequence of events that happen during pinsetter operation; especially with turret issues. In other words, when a pin transfers from the cross conveyor, over the snubber, and onto the indexing lever (and on and on); look closely at what is not happening. More likely than not, you've located the issue. Then, the trick is to determine why it's not happening; and replace, repair or adjust from there.

There are many things that can cause a turret to fail; anything from a part being installed wrong to something either broken or binding. It takes close observation and remembering the proper sequence. Almost anyone can change a part; however, it takes a sharp diagnostician to really find the problem and repair a pinsetter properly.

Comment

I got over the annual pin slipping issue by installing a 1m length of 10mm rod attached to the side of the CC with pit mounts. Went through summer for the first time without a single CC problem.

Emcnelis, was there any adjustments performed to the machine height prior to your summer problems?
                    Factory & Converted A-2 (US, Ger, Jap)
                    Comscore ECT, Matrix & DuoHD
                    Walker B, Sanction Standard, Original K, Flex Walker & Ikon
                    Kegel C.A.T.S

Comment

[QUOTE=Kanga;479313]I got over the annual pin slipping issue by installing a 1m length of 10mm rod attached to the side of the CC with pit mounts. Went through summer for the first time without a single CC problem.

I saw a pic of it on here once. Can you repost or copy a thread? I'd like to try it.

Thanks

Comment

Ditto with what Tom said, dont think its weather related. DX with knowledge and sequences
                        formerly dunsel
                        ITS NOT HOW MUCH YOU KNOW ITS HOW MUCH YOU CARE!!!!!

Comment

http://www.bowltech.com/forums/showt...l=1#post442897
                          Factory & Converted A-2 (US, Ger, Jap)
                          Comscore ECT, Matrix & DuoHD
                          Walker B, Sanction Standard, Original K, Flex Walker & Ikon
                          Kegel C.A.T.S

Comment

Thanks guys. I didn't beleive it to be weather related but wanted to make sure. I am now just working through these turret issues as I normally would. I have however had some deck chute sticking issues this season. Cleaned them all but still have some issues on certain lanes. Trimming the buckets have been helping, but in regards to using pledge or armor all, do you guys find this to cause other issues because the polish will end up on the pins and therefore travel around the machine? I've been told to use armor all before by one mechanic and told it would cause issues by another. I could see this in turn causing cc belt slippage. Was just wondering what everyone's take on this is.

Comment

Originally posted by emcnelis View Post
                              Trimming the buckets have been helping, but in regards to using pledge or armor all, do you guys find this to cause other issues because the polish will end up on the pins and therefore travel around the machine?
                              The only product that works the best on deck chutes is diluted lane cleaner. Apply with a fine 3M pad and wipe dry with a clean shop towel.

Yes, there is transfer from Armor-All or Pledge from the buckets to the pins; then, through the rest of the machine. It won't be noticeable at first; but, give it a little time before problems appear.

One thing to do is weekly maintenance on each machine. In a 40 lane center, I hit 8 machines a day. Put the machine at 270 (deck all the way down); tag out lock out; and clean the deck chutes, lift arms and shafts, frames, etc. Meanwhile, you're looking for other things that could cause an issue. 8 machines took me about an hour; but, there were other areas I checked in my routine. Once you get into a daily routine, you'll like it because the pinsetter performance will improve. In the long run, customers will notice how well your machines are running, and will tell their friends, and so forth.

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                              widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Well this is a first.

We all from time to time have one of those “wow I’ve never seen THAT before” moments. Well today was one of those for me when my night tech texts me to say lane 16 is out...

Ball return wheel guide roller removal.

Hey guys, i could just use a bit of advice trying to get this part out, first time I've had to do one of these. I got it to move a few turns but its come to a point where it has...

Even old mechanics find something new.

All my years working on these things I never had this happen…… until last week. ...

82-90XL Frontend Gearbox Parts - Rebuild Woes

We have 5 of the 088000365 replacement gear kits on the shelf, and I pulled two gearboxes off machines earlier this week, so I thought I'd try my hand at rebuilding them and save...

Prolane damage

Can this be repaired?

LED Ball Lights

Made an LED conversion for A2's and Frameworx masks. It can also be modded for the Harmony masks to accept 2 x 5mm led's and/or a 12v supply. Once I'm happy with the performance/design...
                              Working...
                              X