Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TDM voltages and electrical issues!!!

I've rewired one of our problem machines that's had really bad and brittle wires! I replaced the wiring and have found a few problems and I'm close to having the pinsetter up and running, but I have a few electrical issues. First I'm by no means an electrician and I've been trying to learn and do the wiring cause the owner doesn't have the disposable income to have an electrician come in. I appreciate all the help I've been getting for Brandon White and Steve Stafford and need more help. I don't think I'm getting the voltage that I need for these A's converted to A-2's and I'm having problems with the TDM. I checked the voltage between:
    TS2-9 to TS2-6 = 27 volts
    TS2-9 to TS2-5 = 27 volts
    TS2-9 to TS2-3 = 27 volts
    TS2-9 to TS2-2 = 0 volts
    Voltages on the TDM terminals:
    Terminal 20 wire # 59 = 61 volts TLR3 cycle solenoid
    Terminal 19 wire # 58 = 0 volts RL3 motor contactor Terminal #3
    Terminal 18 wire # 56 not used =45 volts
    Terminal 17 wire # 55 = 45 volts Goes to Y2 wire nut
    Terminal 16 wire # 68 = 45 volts TS2-12
    Terminal 15 wire # 53 = 1 volt TS2-8
    Terminal 14 wire # 54 = 45 volts RL2
    Terminal 13 wire # 57 = 45 volts TS2-6
    I have an Ice Cube Relay for the MSR/RL2 a Grainger 6CVE4 Relay Base and 6CWA2 Relay. I have a Grainger 6CWY1 Power Relay for the Motor Contactor! When I turned the pinsetter on this morning it acted like it was low voltage and it turned over really slow before running properly. I turned it off and it did the same thing about turning over really slow and it kicked the 10 amp breaker that I use for the thermal overload. Thanks again for all the help! Bruce

Your deck jam switch circuit is open. Double check the wiring at the switch and the mounting of the switch to the 4:1 support plate. There are a couple of spacers that should be between the plate and the switch housing. Sometimes they can be forgotten when re-installing a switch.

All of the voltages you read on the TDM...where was the other probe besides the terminal on the TDM? If you went to ground...this will not really tell you anything as the electrical ssytem does not use ground as a reference point.

To start with on the TDM...measure voltage between 13 and 14. Should be 27 based on the readings you got from TS2.

What voltage do you have going to the motor receptacle?
    TSM & TSM Training Development
    Main Event Entertainment
    480-620-6758 for help or information

Comment

Correct once again on the Deck Jam Switch!! Fixed it with spacers and I get 27 volts between Term. 13 and Term. 14 of TDM. I unplugged the motor and turned machine on and I get 210 volts at the receptacle! I went to reconnect Term. 14 at the TDM and it started buzzing again and I left if off for now! Thanks again, Bruce

Comment

Could be an issue with the TDM. Can you swap the TDM with another machine? Let's see if the problem follows the TDM or if it stays with that machine.
        TSM & TSM Training Development
        Main Event Entertainment
        480-620-6758 for help or information

Comment

I'll put the TDM in the next pinsetter to see if it does the same!!! Thanks, Bruce

Comment

It was fine on the other machine! I checked the wires and all are the same expect for Terminal 17. Term. 17 of lane 20/problem lane goes to Y2 wire nut. Term. 17 of the other machine goes to scotch block with wire from trouble switch, wire to CN-1/ball lift and a wire to the trigger switch! Thanks again, Bruce

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
            widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Well this is a first.

We all from time to time have one of those “wow I’ve never seen THAT before” moments. Well today was one of those for me when my night tech texts me to say lane 16 is out...

Ball return wheel guide roller removal.

Hey guys, i could just use a bit of advice trying to get this part out, first time I've had to do one of these. I got it to move a few turns but its come to a point where it has...

Even old mechanics find something new.

All my years working on these things I never had this happen…… until last week. ...

82-90XL Frontend Gearbox Parts - Rebuild Woes

We have 5 of the 088000365 replacement gear kits on the shelf, and I pulled two gearboxes off machines earlier this week, so I thought I'd try my hand at rebuilding them and save...

Prolane damage

Can this be repaired?

LED Ball Lights

Made an LED conversion for A2's and Frameworx masks. It can also be modded for the Harmony masks to accept 2 x 5mm led's and/or a 12v supply. Once I'm happy with the performance/design...
            Working...
            X