Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rake Cam Follower not Riding Rake Cam

Is that the Rake Sweep Adjustment and adjusting the Rake Crank? Or is it Shotgun/Rake Board HeightRelated? Rake height is off, motion is weird and rake drops automatically before gearbox is at 0 degrees. I'd rather just do one adjustment and not both if anyone has any ideas.

sounds like rake cam is out of time. If you have service manual, follow service manual directions on rake cam timing then check ALL of your other rake adjustments. Start with cam timing then to rake latch assy adjustment, then rake shock adjustment and finish up on rake board height adjustment. If you don't have service manual you can find rake adjustment directions here if searched.
    ME&My68

There's no such thing as idiot proof, it just makes a better idiot!

Comment

Cam timing is second to last adjustment, "C" lever adjustment is the first, then go to shock adjustment, followed by crank link adj followed by rake angle stop then on to thesweep hook adj,then to rake cam balancing adj, then to rake height over the center row , This is short version of sweeping in the gold posted in tech documents of Brunswick tech adjs.
      rfm

Comment

Sorry Frank, thats under" raking in the dough" not gold.
        rfm

Comment

Okay. I did Board Height before I did the Sweep hook. I must have skipped a step, I've downloaded and printed of Rake in the Dough to follow his step by step. Thanks Ross!

Comment

I'm not doing something right here. When I get to the point where I have to do the Cam timing, the Cam Follower is about an inch away from the low dwell on the Rake Cam at 180 degrees. I pulled the shotgun off of the cam follower to make sure there wasn't a bind in the cam followers movement where it is attached to the pinsetters frame by stud. Put it all back together, did Sweep Hook adj, and then Rake board height and the bearing on the follower is still about an inch away from the low dwell on the cam. I'll follow the Rakin in the dough this time.

Comment

YOU COULD HAVE A BIND IN YOUR PIT CUSION THAT IS NOT ALLOWING THE PIT CUSION LIFT RODS TO COME FAR ENOUGH FORWARD TO ALLOW RAKE CAM FOLLOWER TO FOLLOW LOW DWELL OF RAKE CAM. CYCLE PINSETTER TO 180 WAITING FOR PINS AND PULL UP ON PLATES WHERE PIT CUSION LIFT RODS AND VERICAL RODS CONNECT. sEE IF WHILE YOU ARE PULLING UP ON THEM THE RAKE CAM FOLLOWER DROPS INTO LOW DWELL.
              ME&My68

Comment

the 3 bolts that hold the trip bracket on the shotgun itself could be bent not allowing it to fully extend. try replacing those 3 and see what happens.
                jsebeny1980@gmail.com | jsebeny <--YouTube | Cell: 309-275-2453

Comment

Turns out it was one of the shocks for the pit board. threading stripped on the arm that goes into the shock itself. spent 3 hours on top messing with all of that and it was in the ass end of the machine. D'oh! Thanks for the help guys!

Comment

GOOD DEAL

Comment

One more question. Is there any way to tell how worn those shocks are? From what I'm thinking you can't really tell, but if any of you guys know of any way to judge how good of condition they are in, it would be appreciated!

Comment

a leaking shock is always suspect. you can always lift up on bottom of cushion and if the shock compresses easily it's bad and will enentually fall appart as well as cause some other issues with ball damage and damage to lift rods from ball slamming into them. it takes a while before you can get a feel for a blown shock with out removing one end, but if you do it enough you'll figure it out.
                        ME&amp;My68

Comment

Word. Thanks. When they go out, should you just put in a brand new one or are there any things you can do to maintain them? Like refill the fluid or put in new oil seals or anything along those lines? The one I replaced yesterday had the threading tore off of the upper arm that goes into the shock, so it has been tossed in the trash.

Comment

I just put in a new one. Only work I do to used shocks are replacing rubber mount, spacer or pins.
                            ME&amp;My68

Comment

Originally posted by fhall View Post
                              When they go out, should you just put in a brand new one or are there any things you can do to maintain them?
                              A bad shock should be replaced. There's nothing that you can do to a worn shock. Shocks are either good or bad, there's no in-between.

Now, if the plunger has nicked threads, you might be able to rethread it by carefully using a dye.

The only preventative measures would be to make sure the mounting hardware is snug and the rubber and brass spacers are clean and unbroken.

I don't know of anyone outside of the manufacturing facility that has successfully repaired a bad shock.

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                              widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Well this is a first.

We all from time to time have one of those “wow I’ve never seen THAT before” moments. Well today was one of those for me when my night tech texts me to say lane 16 is out...

Ball return wheel guide roller removal.

Hey guys, i could just use a bit of advice trying to get this part out, first time I've had to do one of these. I got it to move a few turns but its come to a point where it has...

Even old mechanics find something new.

All my years working on these things I never had this happen…… until last week. ...

82-90XL Frontend Gearbox Parts - Rebuild Woes

We have 5 of the 088000365 replacement gear kits on the shelf, and I pulled two gearboxes off machines earlier this week, so I thought I'd try my hand at rebuilding them and save...

Prolane damage

Can this be repaired?

LED Ball Lights

Made an LED conversion for A2's and Frameworx masks. It can also be modded for the Harmony masks to accept 2 x 5mm led's and/or a 12v supply. Once I'm happy with the performance/design...
                              Working...
                              X