Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How many had this happen to them??

I rebuilt a Turret on a machine yesterday, took basket off, spider, new cluthch facings etc. I put all all back together nice and clean and painted, run machine and while pins enter turret. The Time Delay gear turns for no reason, spoons are not contacting it nothing at all. I find out that the TDG is bad, the blocks are worn and the vibration from the pins entering the turret is causing the torsion latch to open slightly and letting the TDG turn. This machine has been causing the people at this center problems and couldnt catch it, as I have just started here helping a good friend get the machines back in shape. So I put a new TDG and torsion latch in and works good.
    Just didnt know if any of you have seen this?
    Have a great day

When rebuilding a turret clutch on the bench...you should check the alignment of the torsion latch to the block on the time delay gear along with the condition of the block.

You should also mark the torsion latch itself in reference to the time delay gear by drawing a line across the torsion latch with the arm and block lined up. This will allow you to know if the arm and block are aligned once in the machine without having to look from underneath.

You can determine what bumper is needed or if you need to trim the bumper that positions the torsion latch.

Hope this helps in your future turret clutch rebuilds.
    TSM & TSM Training Development
    Main Event Entertainment
    480-620-6758 for help or information

Comment

Thanks Steve, the machine has been blacking out for months due to pins in deck. I finally saws this happen, and the TDgear block was worn.

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
      widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Well this is a first.

We all from time to time have one of those “wow I’ve never seen THAT before” moments. Well today was one of those for me when my night tech texts me to say lane 16 is out...

Ball return wheel guide roller removal.

Hey guys, i could just use a bit of advice trying to get this part out, first time I've had to do one of these. I got it to move a few turns but its come to a point where it has...

Even old mechanics find something new.

All my years working on these things I never had this happen…… until last week. ...

82-90XL Frontend Gearbox Parts - Rebuild Woes

We have 5 of the 088000365 replacement gear kits on the shelf, and I pulled two gearboxes off machines earlier this week, so I thought I'd try my hand at rebuilding them and save...

Prolane damage

Can this be repaired?

LED Ball Lights

Made an LED conversion for A2's and Frameworx masks. It can also be modded for the Harmony masks to accept 2 x 5mm led's and/or a 12v supply. Once I'm happy with the performance/design...
      Working...
      X