Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TDM elimination on Twelve Strikes score system!

Collapse

Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TDM elimination on Twelve Strikes score system!

Can anybody tell me if you can eliminate the TDM with the ice cube relay on a Twelve Strike/Heddon score system? Thanks, Bruce

Does the scoring system control the timing of the cycling of the pinsetter?

Most likely it does...so the answer would be yes. How does the scoring system cycle the machine? Does it have two wires that attach to the bowlers reset button circuit? These would be the two wires coming down from the canon plug at the top of the electrical box with the two pins in it. If so...you can eliminate the TDM by following these instructions and using a 5X840 relay and 5X853 relay base.

Revised version...

Remove wire 52 from NC of trigger switch and connect to A of new relay
    Remove wire 42 from TS2-11 or TS2-12 (depending on which it goes to) and attach to TS2-9.
    Remove wire 47 from TS2-12 and attach to TS2-9
    Remove wire 57 from TD1-13 and attach it to B of the new relay base.
    Remove wire 54 from TD1-14 and the motor start relay coil. Discard wire.
    Remove wire 53 from TD1-15 and TS2-8. Discard wire.
    Remove wire 68 from TD1-16 and TS2-12. Discard wire.
    Remove wire 55 from TD1-17 and Y2. Discard wire.
    Remove wire 56 from TD1-18 and the common of TSC-1. Discard wire.
    Remove wire 58 from TD1-19 and attach to 6 of the new relay base.
    Remove wire 59 from TD1-20 and attach to 9 of the new relay base.
    Remove wire 69 from TS2-12 and discard
    Be sure base is mounted securely in electrical box.
    Install new relay in relay base.

This version takes care of the mechanics reset button
    TSM & TSM Training Development
    Main Event Entertainment
    480-620-6758 for help or information

Comment

I think 12 Strike uses the dual output triggering of BowlTronics, making it easier to eliminate the TDM as Steve proposes. Each output has an adjustable time delay.
      This post is not an unpaid promotion of my business.

Comment

Yes, you can remove the TDM and still use Twelve Strike. The Bowltronics can be removed from the TDM and wired directly to the wires to your Reset Button cannon plug (inside the electrical box). Go ahead and use ice cube relays if you like. Just wire the bowltronics as I mentioned and you will be OK.

***Just a side note*** I am also one of Twelve Strike's installers and this is how we wire the Bowltronics to Brunswick Pinsetters, both "A" and "A2" without the TDM.
        "Efficiency is, doing better what is already being done!"
        Pinsetter Technical Services 214-505-7663

Comment

Great move Lonnie...get rid of the TDM when the scoring goes in!
          Main Event Entertainment

Comment

Hey Steve,
            I wired up the ice cube relay to replace the TDM and when I turned the breaker on the relay energized and when I turned the pinsetter on it recycled. I have the Bowltronics red wire to Terminal A of relay base and black wire to TS2-9. With the relay energizing, do I have a wire reversed? Thanks, Bruce

Comment

If you followed the instructions above...you should be fine. I would think that something is closed in one of three circuits. The mechanics reset button, the bowlers reset button or the Bowltronics circuit. Remove the cannon plug for the bowlers reset button and see if it stops. Then disconnect one of the Bowltronics wires (makes no difference which one) and see what happens. Lastly, the mechanics reset button needs to be disconnected. This can be done by removing wire 47 from TS2-9. Let us know what happens. If need be...give me a call.
              Main Event Entertainment

Comment

This might help. If you are removing the TDM, pay close to the words in RED in this attachment
                Attached Files
                "Efficiency is, doing better what is already being done!"
                Pinsetter Technical Services 214-505-7663

Comment

Thanks guys! I'm going to be working on it tomorrow before we open!!

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                  widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Well this is a first.

We all from time to time have one of those “wow I’ve never seen THAT before” moments. Well today was one of those for me when my night tech texts me to say lane 16 is out...

Ball return wheel guide roller removal.

Hey guys, i could just use a bit of advice trying to get this part out, first time I've had to do one of these. I got it to move a few turns but its come to a point where it has...

Even old mechanics find something new.

All my years working on these things I never had this happen…… until last week. ...

82-90XL Frontend Gearbox Parts - Rebuild Woes

We have 5 of the 088000365 replacement gear kits on the shelf, and I pulled two gearboxes off machines earlier this week, so I thought I'd try my hand at rebuilding them and save...

Prolane damage

Can this be repaired?

LED Ball Lights

Made an LED conversion for A2's and Frameworx masks. It can also be modded for the Harmony masks to accept 2 x 5mm led's and/or a 12v supply. Once I'm happy with the performance/design...
                  Working...
                  X