Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pins on top of moving deck?

Anyone have any ideas on what causes pins to be sitting on the moving deck? Is there anything I can do to stop this or do I have to live with it?

so many things here! first and foremost TURRET!... you could have misaligned spoons and wires, you could have restricted drop issues, multiple index issues, spider failing to lock. the best thing to do is look at the pinsetters that have the pins on the deck in the same location and start with them one at a time. AS soon as you figure what could cause these issues on one machine then you can follow up on the rest of the setters with the same issue. If pins are always in the 4,7,8 area look at the spider failing to lock, multiple index issues or snubber and halo adjustments. if there elsewhere on the deck, you can look at restricted drop adjustment as well as spoon, wire and deck chute positioning. I've had several isues with the old style pin release lever grazing the top of the five pin after it drops into chute causing a fail to lock problem. like I said make yourself a list and put like problems together on your list and re-post here with some specifics and we'll guide you through them till your a turret pro.
    ME&My68

There's no such thing as idiot proof, it just makes a better idiot!

Comment

And also check your pingate operation and for proper adjustments. If it is too low when it's in the locked position, it could allow a pin to get pushed over the top of it and just happen to drop in between the sets of t-wires and end up on the moving deck.
      It is wiser to find out than suppose.--Mark Twain

Comment

Thanks guys Ill check that out

Comment

Weak or missing spring for restricted drop link.

Comment

The search function will return may threads on this topic; these links show you the tip of the iceberg...

http://www.bowltech.com/forums/showt...=pins+top+deck

Factory & Converted A-2 (US, Ger, Jap)
            Comscore ECT, Matrix & DuoHD
            Walker B, Sanction Standard, Original K, Flex Walker & Ikon
            Kegel C.A.T.S

Comment

When I have trouble with a turret, the first thing I check is to make sure the turret is level. I have seen them adjust way to low alot!!!

Comment

This spring keeper can cause problems, if the hole wears all the way through.

Last edited by PJ; 07-28-2012, 06:34 AM. Reason: add information
                I'm going fishing and camping!

Comment

the ole spring clip failure... I replace those anytime that I rebuild the turret. I think someone had posted a picture of one that had been modified with two extra holes so that if the middle failed, then another hole could be used so that the shaft did not have to be knocked out and then realigned.

Comment

Stafford posted that picture I believe
                    jsebeny1980@gmail.com | jsebeny <--YouTube | Cell: 309-275-2453

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                    widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Well this is a first.

We all from time to time have one of those “wow I’ve never seen THAT before” moments. Well today was one of those for me when my night tech texts me to say lane 16 is out...

Ball return wheel guide roller removal.

Hey guys, i could just use a bit of advice trying to get this part out, first time I've had to do one of these. I got it to move a few turns but its come to a point where it has...

Even old mechanics find something new.

All my years working on these things I never had this happen…… until last week. ...

82-90XL Frontend Gearbox Parts - Rebuild Woes

We have 5 of the 088000365 replacement gear kits on the shelf, and I pulled two gearboxes off machines earlier this week, so I thought I'd try my hand at rebuilding them and save...

Prolane damage

Can this be repaired?

LED Ball Lights

Made an LED conversion for A2's and Frameworx masks. It can also be modded for the Harmony masks to accept 2 x 5mm led's and/or a 12v supply. Once I'm happy with the performance/design...
                    Working...
                    X