Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• deck holding hooks

was there a post on here to put grease on the deck holding hooks and pin to keep from wearing out?

yes, somebody also posted something about wrapping the pin in something to prevent wear.
    jsebeny1980@gmail.com | jsebeny <--YouTube | Cell: 309-275-2453

Comment

If you put a small dab of grease on the top of the pin...clean it and reapply each month...the deck holding hook should never wear. Otherwise it is aluminum versus steel...the steel pin will always win.
      TSM & TSM Training Development
      Main Event Entertainment
      480-620-6758 for help or information

Comment

I couldn't agree more... We've seen hundreds of worn out hooks due to mal-adjustment and no lubrication!
        Cody C. Stone. Frame Maker Intl.

Comment

i was taught by brc years ago no oil or grease but that may have been when all was the one piece hooks and didnt have a really good ajustment like the slide ajustable ones... but still grease scares me on the hooks.. grease on the deck lift hooks but not on the holding hooks

Comment

Bowlamech:
            Thats absolutely wrong, always have a light film of grease on the pin elsewise the point will wear off of the hook, then you will really have something to worry about.
            JMO.
            Roscoe
            rfm

Comment

Originally posted by Roscoe View Post
              Bowlamech:
              Thats absolutely wrong, always have a light film of grease on the pin elsewise the point will wear off of the hook, then you will really have something to worry about.
              JMO.
              Roscoe
              And if you ever watched a deck fall off of a worn hook while you were clearing an OOR you would keep the pin greased!
              (Psalm 37:29) The righteous themselves will possess the earth, And they will reside forever upon it.

Comment

weve been greasing the hooks for a few yrs now, still have the point, and havent had to replace one yet.

Comment

Although I don't grease the pin itself, I do put a light film of grease on the underside of the hook where contact is made. This too has the same result in reducing wear. Very little grease will transfer to the pin and reduces the possibility of unfortunate accidental release. JMO
                  "Efficiency is, doing better what is already being done!"
                  Pinsetter Technical Services 214-505-7663

Comment

If the hook is worn when you first apply the grease...it may not hold...but that is exactly what you want to happen. It will let you know right away that the hook is not safe...if it will come off because of a little lubrication...then it might come off from vibration. Time to replace the hook at this point...but if you keep it lubed from then on...it will be the last time you replace it.
                    TSM & TSM Training Development
                    Main Event Entertainment
                    480-620-6758 for help or information

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                    widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Well this is a first.

We all from time to time have one of those “wow I’ve never seen THAT before” moments. Well today was one of those for me when my night tech texts me to say lane 16 is out...

Ball return wheel guide roller removal.

Hey guys, i could just use a bit of advice trying to get this part out, first time I've had to do one of these. I got it to move a few turns but its come to a point where it has...

Even old mechanics find something new.

All my years working on these things I never had this happen…… until last week. ...

82-90XL Frontend Gearbox Parts - Rebuild Woes

We have 5 of the 088000365 replacement gear kits on the shelf, and I pulled two gearboxes off machines earlier this week, so I thought I'd try my hand at rebuilding them and save...

Prolane damage

Can this be repaired?

LED Ball Lights

Made an LED conversion for A2's and Frameworx masks. It can also be modded for the Harmony masks to accept 2 x 5mm led's and/or a 12v supply. Once I'm happy with the performance/design...
                    Working...
                    X