No announcement yet.

Raising Pit Frames


Adsense Classic 1



  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Raising Pit Frames

    Hi Fellow Mechanics, Years ago when I would raise the Pit Frame just a litte (from pin deck). I used to use a half cut metal shim from the automotive store, I cannot remember what the metal shim is called? I would use this metal shim instead of completely unsrcewing the pit frame and taking it off to put washers under it. This would save me time and do just the same job.
    So my question is, what is that shim called? I need to go get a box!
    Thanks for the help in advance.

  • #2
    I take a thick 1/2 in. washer and cut a slot in it.
    I'm going fishing and camping!


    • #3
      Thanks PJ, but these were not expensive and I didnt have to worry about cutting them.


      • #4
        Machinery shims are available at any bearing/belt store.


        • #5
          Those were alignment shims, used on the older upper A-frames to adjust castor & camber on the front end wheel alignment. They came in various thickness also depending on the amount of adjustment needed. Auto parts or alignment shop should be able to hook you up.


          Topic Starter RibbonScript


          Adsense Classic 2

          widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

          MP Chassis Tester

          Good morning,
          I have built a tester for the MP Chassis for the 82-70 machines. Instead of using the cam switches
          I am using relays. My question is to anyone that may...

          Preventative Maintenance - As, Jets, A2s - LEDs

          Those of you looking for new LED lighting ideas may want to check out this site. Lots of stuff.


          4:1 Timing off..

          *sigh* Hello friends..

          I had a 4:1 go bad and I've never seen or done one before. Trying to search the depths of the forums, YouTube videos, it didn't seem too bad....

          Adapting the Bluffton end cap & terminal board kit to Franklin BE (and FE) motors.

          Left a rant about this in the bowling forum…

          I’ve already repaired a a number of Franklin FE motors using the Bluffton-style end cap and terminal board kit (090-004-582)....

          Turret clutch rebuild

          At what thickness do you replace the clutch face.
          Is there a minimum dimension from the clutch face to the rivet.


          Solderless relay conversion

          Is anyone running the solderless relays on the accelerators? How do you like them? What brand? How difficult to convert was it? Would love the feed back as I'm about to switch...