Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Had a continuous cycle problem

Been checking in on the progress for a few days now as my B has been working on it but he finally came to a stop so I had to buckle down and figure out what was going on. He did good as he checked the latch adjustment, timing and several other items mentioned on here but after finding this I was shocked as I have never seen one break. I don't know all the ins and outs of what this is but I do know it wouldn't run right with it broke. Could make several adjustments but then the machine would stop at 90 -180--270 and right by 0.

Just happen to compare everything to the machine next to it.

A2 part.jpg
    Drill

David Bolt
    Champaign, IL
    USBC Silver Coach
    IBPSIA BOD
    IBPSIA Advanced
    Technical Certified
    Pro Shops

Not that uncommon with the sheet metal versions, especially with the single arm.
    Factory & Converted A-2 (US, Ger, Jap)
    Comscore ECT, Matrix & DuoHD
    Walker B, Sanction Standard, Original K, Flex Walker & Ikon
    Kegel C.A.T.S

Comment

Dave time to pin your 90 over travel [ unless yours are still in use ]

hears a link if ? http://www.bowltech.com/forums/showt...194#post272194

Comment

What all do I gain by doing this, it looks simple enough?
        Drill

David Bolt
        Champaign, IL
        USBC Silver Coach
        IBPSIA BOD
        IBPSIA Advanced
        Technical Certified
        Pro Shops

Comment

David, you gain a pinsetter that runs zero to zero. This means that you can remove all of the overtravel parts; such as the cam follower and its linkage. The more unnecessary parts that you can remove means the less parts you have to buy and maintain. In the long run, the machines will run smoother and better. The other thing is that your customers will never notice a slightly longer delay when the pinsetter is cycling second ball to first ball.

Comment

May not be out of the woods yet, finished adjusting things today and can't get it just right. If I put the machine into a 180 and adjust the 180 interlock within the 1/4" it goes right by waiting for pins with no pins, I tried adjusting the stop collar next and something is not right, 1/8" down and it's 270's and 1/8 up and it goes by 180 with an empty deck. Tried going right between them but with no luck it just goes to the 270 mode with a 1/16" adjustment. I am missing something here, what it is?
            Drill

David Bolt
            Champaign, IL
            USBC Silver Coach
            IBPSIA BOD
            IBPSIA Advanced
            Technical Certified
            Pro Shops

Comment

Drillman can you set your machine so that it does not 270 anymore then set the 180 so at 0 there is 1/4-1/2" room to push the link down with a full deck.This is usually the sweet spot to not have empty decks and no unwanted resets at 0 from the turret jamming the linkage after a full deck signal is received.
              70's MP/PBL/LBS,Q-Score
              Prolane Walker sport

Comment

DAVE
                if you set machine to 90 remove power and see if the gear-box reset [old ][ levers ]
                If you have play of about 1/32" any more than 1/16" can let machine stop at 90 and 270

FOR that reason alone gives reason to pin or chang gear-box lever

Comment

Check the bearing on the strike cam follower, and of course the drip pan where it loops over the shaft for the interlock link.

Comment

Yeah, first thing I checked was the strike cam follower and then the oil pan to make sure it wasn't hanging over it, I just know there has to be some little thing I am missing.
                    Drill

David Bolt
                    Champaign, IL
                    USBC Silver Coach
                    IBPSIA BOD
                    IBPSIA Advanced
                    Technical Certified
                    Pro Shops

Comment

Stripping the ole girl down one piece at a time until we find the culprit here, good time for some cleaning on these parts regardless of the outcome on this try.

16.jpg
                      Drill

David Bolt
                      Champaign, IL
                      USBC Silver Coach
                      IBPSIA BOD
                      IBPSIA Advanced
                      Technical Certified
                      Pro Shops

Comment

Drill cycle pinsetter to 180 with empty deck, remove power and grab a seat on the machine so that you are sitting on lower platforn with feet resting on ball track(odd lane or track brace even lane) now loosen the collar at the rear interlock shaft for the long link "locker". Take a pair of wire cutters to use as pliers to turn shaft clockwise to lower 180 link. If clutch has engaed at this point, just reach over and pick up on clutch lever arm to disengage again. Now manually pull back on long link and give a full deck signal, while holding the longlink in the locke postion take pliers and turn rear interlock shaft counterclockwise until clutch release lever engaes clutch,do this slowly...as soonn as you hear clucth slap into engagement, then give the shaft an extra 1/8" additional turn. this loads 180 link with enough pressure to give a full deck release signal.

As far as 270 this is dashpod related here is a tip for that if it is newer a-2 gearbox.
                        270.jpg
                        Peanut

Comment

Thanks Peanut, spot on and problem is cured, never any doubt who the man is around here.

thanks again

Dave
                          Drill

David Bolt
                          Champaign, IL
                          USBC Silver Coach
                          IBPSIA BOD
                          IBPSIA Advanced
                          Technical Certified
                          Pro Shops

Comment

That's how i always did it is by masternuts adjustment,works gr8.Learned that myself LONG time ago.

Comment

Me too but I used a small pair of wisegrips with a curved jaw.
                              I'm going fishing and camping!

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                              widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Well this is a first.

We all from time to time have one of those “wow I’ve never seen THAT before” moments. Well today was one of those for me when my night tech texts me to say lane 16 is out...

Ball return wheel guide roller removal.

Hey guys, i could just use a bit of advice trying to get this part out, first time I've had to do one of these. I got it to move a few turns but its come to a point where it has...

Even old mechanics find something new.

All my years working on these things I never had this happen…… until last week. ...

82-90XL Frontend Gearbox Parts - Rebuild Woes

We have 5 of the 088000365 replacement gear kits on the shelf, and I pulled two gearboxes off machines earlier this week, so I thought I'd try my hand at rebuilding them and save...

Prolane damage

Can this be repaired?

LED Ball Lights

Made an LED conversion for A2's and Frameworx masks. It can also be modded for the Harmony masks to accept 2 x 5mm led's and/or a 12v supply. Once I'm happy with the performance/design...
                              Working...
                              X