Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Couple Problems I'm Facing...

Been away sick for a couple days, and come in to find a couple lanes down.

The first is our lane #23, turret is randomly indexing by it's self, I've found the stop lever is slightly sloppy, a lil side to side movement, and about 1/8" movement up and down, feeling the stop lever on the lane next over, it's pretty tight compared to this one, the indexing latch seems ok, should there be approx 1/8" gap between indexing roller and latch? is there anything else I should be looking for?

The problem seems fairly close to this one
    http://www.bowltech.com/forums/showt...urret+indexing

Second issue, lane #7, will spot pins, you'll cycle it, either manually or through computer, and deck picks them up for 2nd cycle, puts them back down, then the sweep drops, sweeps them away and stands a full set again, you could bowl 3-4 frames, with no problems, then it will start doing it, then may stop, I've tried bowling with just machine on, and it does it, so no problem with scoring, mechanically looks fine down the back, I did notice while doing some PM on lane 6 that the contact went in and out a couple times.

I've also changed the time delay module, cause we've been having issues with them lately on a few lanes, so I'm at a lose end with this one.

Thanks!

Zane

Originally posted by Lucas10 View Post
    I've found the stop lever is slightly sloppy,
    I believe that you answered your own question. If it was me, I'd snug things up to take out the slop. Make certain that all parts are well lubricated.
    I've tried bowling with just machine on, and it does it, so no problem with scoring, mechanically looks fine down the back, I did notice while doing some PM on lane 6 that the contact went in and out a couple times.
    Since you've disconnected the scoring system from the pinsetter, that would have been my first guess. With that being said, many scoring systems use independent ball detectors. That's where I'd start looking. If any part of the ball detector is loose, it would make the pinsetter appear to cycle on its own.

Next area to check is the gearbox clutch. If there's a lot of slop in the linkage, the clutch won't disengage. Just remember the sequence of events that happen when the pinsetter is cycling. However, this happens when the pinsetter continues to cycle, and runs past zero. If the pinsetter stops, then cycles on its own, my suspicions would be in the ball detector, or a loose wire in the bowler's reset button cable (possibly under the capping, near the ball tracks).

Comment

Just watching 23 some more, and it looks like the movement in the stop lever, and the gap between the latch and roller, with the vibration of the machine it's making the latch slip over the roller.

Comment

I am sure you have checked but is your indexing cam tight ? Also I have seen the stop lever roller worn down. Also your profile says A2 so if the rake comes down fast then you could have a bind in the cushion or problem with the shotgun or trip linkages. If it comes down slowly on the cam check all Socal mentioned
        Last edited by RipOwens; 07-31-2012, 11:07 PM.
        formerly dunsel
        ITS NOT HOW MUCH YOU KNOW ITS HOW MUCH YOU CARE!!!!!

Comment

Just watching 23 some more, and it looks like the movement in the stop lever, and the gap between the latch and roller, with the vibration of the machine it's making the latch slip over the roller.
          I have the same problem Lucas. The machine cycles normal but then slop in the stop arm moves back a bit causing the lever to roll back down the arm. I noticed when I tried to put the machine back on first ball but it'd still cycle it off. The deck hook was almost felt welded on the post.

So to temporary solve it from doing it again I put a spring, hooked to the back of the stop arm to the same area the starter bellcrank spring goes on to gearbox. It helped to keep the stop arm from moving back and triggering.
          But gotta be careful on what type spring as u don't want to much tension or the arm won't move as normal. I use the spring (part # 12-450051) for the strike micro switch.

Just a temp tho till I pull the arm off and change spacer bearing or what not for stop arm.

Comment

The first is our lane #23, turret is randomly indexing by it's self, I've found the stop lever is slightly sloppy, a lil side to side movement, and about 1/8" movement up and down, feeling the stop lever on the lane next over, it's pretty tight compared to this one, the indexing latch seems ok, should there be approx 1/8" gap between indexing roller and latch? is there anything else I should be looking for?

Check to see if ur torsion latch sticks. Might need lube. Or a complete change. Just a suggestion.

Comment

Also make sure one of the pivot pins that goes through the turret frame and stop lever hasnt came out
              formerly dunsel
              ITS NOT HOW MUCH YOU KNOW ITS HOW MUCH YOU CARE!!!!!

Comment

What would be best in the future is to start a thread for each problem you are having so to avoid any confusion in answers.

Thanks
                TSM & TSM Training Development
                Main Event Entertainment
                480-620-6758 for help or information

Comment

First thing, correct any slop in indexing linkage. It sounds like it might be the culprit, but even if its not, it will with no doubt cause a problem down the road.

As for your recycling issue, check for a broken cushion, binding cushion linkage, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Stafford (JBEES) View Post
                    What would be best in the future is to start a thread for each problem you are having so to avoid any confusion in answers.

Thanks
                    Will do

Corrected the sloppyness, the tech that came in after me, he continued doing it, and some how managed to bend the long link and a couple other bits, but that all sorted now.

And the lane 7 problem, I've got it down to doing it once in every game, adjusted the clutch a couple times, but still trying to find root cause

Comment

You could also check your rake down switch in your electrical box and or maybe a faulty mercury switch on the rake shaft. I've had issues on Jap A-2's where the rake down switch actually started shorting internally and would send a rake down signal to the time delay module and cause the machine to cycle, but it wasnt all the time and would happen on both first and second ball. Just a thought

Comment

We replaced the clutch assembly about a month back, with one on a spare gearbox in the shop, and last night the other guy switched it out and rebuilt the original one, he says it's working fine now.

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                        widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Well this is a first.

We all from time to time have one of those “wow I’ve never seen THAT before” moments. Well today was one of those for me when my night tech texts me to say lane 16 is out...

Ball return wheel guide roller removal.

Hey guys, i could just use a bit of advice trying to get this part out, first time I've had to do one of these. I got it to move a few turns but its come to a point where it has...

Even old mechanics find something new.

All my years working on these things I never had this happen…… until last week. ...

82-90XL Frontend Gearbox Parts - Rebuild Woes

We have 5 of the 088000365 replacement gear kits on the shelf, and I pulled two gearboxes off machines earlier this week, so I thought I'd try my hand at rebuilding them and save...

Prolane damage

Can this be repaired?

LED Ball Lights

Made an LED conversion for A2's and Frameworx masks. It can also be modded for the Harmony masks to accept 2 x 5mm led's and/or a 12v supply. Once I'm happy with the performance/design...
                        Working...
                        X