Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Removing bearings from jogger arms

Any advice on how to remove the bearing from the small end of the jogger arm? I am wanting to replace them with Enviro bearings.

Use your vise with a large socket on one side and a smaller socket on the other side so that you push the bearing inside the larger socket.
    I'm going fishing and camping!

Comment

Same idea with the sockets, but I would use a section of all thread between them, washer and nut on each end, then turn nut on top socket to pull through. Less straining that way.
      You don't have to be crazy to do this job...But it helps!

Comment

Originally posted by cuda96 View Post
        Same idea with the sockets, but I would use a section of all thread between them, washer and nut on each end, then turn nut on top socket to pull through. Less straining that way.
        Thats the way to go UNLESS YOU HAVE A PULLER

Comment

Originally posted by cuda96 View Post
          Originally posted by wepauls View Post
          Thats the way to go UNLESS YOU HAVE A PULLER
          All-thread with a couple of sockets is a puller. Also, add a couple of fender washers to keep from screwing up the sockets, the all-thread, or the jogger arm.

Comment

I use a press.

The idea of doing this with sockets and all-thread or a long bolt is how to do this if you do not have a press. Not to knock the vise method though...that too will work but not every center has a vise capable of doing this without damaging the threads on the vise.

Just a note though...do not use the Enviro to push the old bearing out...you will damage the Enviro. I used to use a new metal bearing to push the old one out and press the new one in all at the same time. Not possible with the Envio's...just find a socket that will fit inside the end of the jogger arm.
            TSM & TSM Training Development
            Main Event Entertainment
            480-620-6758 for help or information

Comment

Thinking about my Snap-On socket not fitting the ratchet next time I use it really gets my goat. Invest in an inexpensive press and save yourself time and tools.
              Drill

David Bolt
              Champaign, IL
              USBC Silver Coach
              IBPSIA BOD
              IBPSIA Advanced
              Technical Certified
              Pro Shops

Comment

dave you do have a nice press. I just ordered one for work today a little bigger than yours. I love this new job....

Comment

Mine is 50 ton and I have only had 1 item I could not get apart with it at first but after heating was not an issue. Where you at now Eric?
                  Drill

David Bolt
                  Champaign, IL
                  USBC Silver Coach
                  IBPSIA BOD
                  IBPSIA Advanced
                  Technical Certified
                  Pro Shops

Comment

Ahh, Paul Curry's old job, good for you and a very stable job at that.... congrats Eric!
                    Drill

David Bolt
                    Champaign, IL
                    USBC Silver Coach
                    IBPSIA BOD
                    IBPSIA Advanced
                    Technical Certified
                    Pro Shops

Comment

Drill...what couldn't you press with 50 tons?!? Can't imagine anything on our machines holding up to that amount of pressure.
                      TSM & TSM Training Development
                      Main Event Entertainment
                      480-620-6758 for help or information

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                      widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Well this is a first.

We all from time to time have one of those “wow I’ve never seen THAT before” moments. Well today was one of those for me when my night tech texts me to say lane 16 is out...

Ball return wheel guide roller removal.

Hey guys, i could just use a bit of advice trying to get this part out, first time I've had to do one of these. I got it to move a few turns but its come to a point where it has...

Even old mechanics find something new.

All my years working on these things I never had this happen…… until last week. ...

82-90XL Frontend Gearbox Parts - Rebuild Woes

We have 5 of the 088000365 replacement gear kits on the shelf, and I pulled two gearboxes off machines earlier this week, so I thought I'd try my hand at rebuilding them and save...

Prolane damage

Can this be repaired?

LED Ball Lights

Made an LED conversion for A2's and Frameworx masks. It can also be modded for the Harmony masks to accept 2 x 5mm led's and/or a 12v supply. Once I'm happy with the performance/design...
                      Working...
                      X