Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deck Pads

Just curious, I probably know the answer but just wanted other opinions. I am getting the machines ready to run for a place's reopening. I have 4 machines that need a set of deck pads. I used to go with the hot shots on my old model A's. These machines are factory A2's and really fast. Won't the hot shots be hard on the pins and moving deck respotting pins. 4 machines have the Brunswick pinfinder foam pads. The ones wore out are the aftermarket old black urethane one with sponge material inside.
    The hot shots will be around 1,200 for 4 sets and the Brunswick will be around 450. Anyone have another product to suggest.
    Pain is the weakness leaving body
    Courage is the other side of Fear
    RICK

Go with the foam. Price speaks for itself.
    My father told me to never get old...I should have listened!

Comment

I never did like the Hot Shots, no matter how fast or slow the pinsetter cycled. In a case like this, the least expensive is the better bet.

Comment

if machines are A or slower, i like Hot Shots.

if its faster than A, Foams are recommended.

Comment

yah get the original foam ones.
          The older the part, the STRONGER it is.

Comment

if you use the hot shots, make sure to use the old pindicator metal pads that were found between the pad and deck. They help spread the pin load on the moving deck.

Comment

Even on "A" speed machines I used to lose the heads off pins with the hot shots. I would definitely go with the foam.
              Sometimes we have to do stuff to get by....Just go back and do it right when the "by" has passed!!

Comment

Brunswick grey foam, stay away from the white foam.
                Factory & Converted A-2 (US, Ger, Jap)
                Comscore ECT, Matrix & DuoHD
                Walker B, Sanction Standard, Original K, Flex Walker & Ikon
                Kegel C.A.T.S

Comment

Hay when did [HOT-SHOT ] COST $30.00 A PAD LAST I HEARD THY WIER $12.98 EACH X 40 = 519.20 NOT $1,200

Comment

Just to give some food for thought, we have the hot shots on all of our lanes, and they were put on when they came out, and have never been replaced. We do run slow, at A speed, and we do see pins get the top surlyn get cracked off toward the end of the pins life. If the intial price seals the deal, then you know which ones to go with. If they never want to touch a deck pad again, you might make another choice. Just my input. Thanks!

Comment

I never did like Hot Shot deck pads, I've always thought they were a bit too hard. I was always worried about getting cracked or bent deck assemblies.

Also, with Hot Shots, your deck assembly needs to be pretty close to absolutely level from front to back and left to right. If it isn't, the Hot Shot pads on the high part of the deck won't hold the heads of the pins securely and the scissors closing will push the pin(s) sideways off spot (this will only happen when there are also pins on the low side to be picked up, of course).

Comment

Originally posted by wepauls View Post
                        Hay when did [HOT-SHOT ] COST $30.00 A PAD LAST I HEARD THY WIER $12.98 EACH X 40 = 519.20 NOT $1,200

Not really sure. Been awhile since I bought them before. I just talked to a dealer last week and that is what he said they would cost.
                        RICK

Comment

Hotshot because we used to have pindication. Jetback speed on A2s.
                          I'm going fishing and camping!

Comment

Another thing to consider. As your scissor pads wear...the pin can slip down a bit when the deck rises. If you use Hot Shots...the head of the pin will lose contact with the deck pad. This can allow the pin swing some in the scissor. This can lead to the pin being set back down on the pin deck at an angle...allowing the pin to fall over once it is let go. The foam pads will not lose contact with the head of the pin keeping it at the same angle it was picked up.

Just a thought...
                            TSM & TSM Training Development
                            Main Event Entertainment
                            480-620-6758 for help or information

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Stafford (JBEES) View Post
                              Another thing to consider. As your scissor pads wear...the pin can slip down a bit when the deck rises. If you use Hot Shots...the head of the pin will lose contact with the deck pad. This can allow the pin swing some in the scissor. This can lead to the pin being set back down on the pin deck at an angle...allowing the pin to fall over once it is let go. The foam pads will not lose contact with the head of the pin keeping it at the same angle it was picked up.

Just a thought...
                              Never thought about that either. I suggested the foam to the owners and that is what they are going to do. That is the way I was wanting to go. Needless to say it will save them quite a bit of money.
                              Going up today to finish up and also check out the lane machine they are wanting to buy. Hoefully I can get at least 20 hours a week maintaing the machines. Only 8 lanes not sure if they will take that much. I would like to go through all the ball lifts and do the adjustment as described on here. other than that they seem to in really good running condition.

Thanks for all the response. Appreciate everyones input.I'm sure I'll have other questions for suggestions.
                              Last edited by theykeeponrunnin; 08-17-2012, 05:16 AM. Reason: Add
                              RICK

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                              widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Well this is a first.

We all from time to time have one of those “wow I’ve never seen THAT before” moments. Well today was one of those for me when my night tech texts me to say lane 16 is out...

Ball return wheel guide roller removal.

Hey guys, i could just use a bit of advice trying to get this part out, first time I've had to do one of these. I got it to move a few turns but its come to a point where it has...

Even old mechanics find something new.

All my years working on these things I never had this happen…… until last week. ...

82-90XL Frontend Gearbox Parts - Rebuild Woes

We have 5 of the 088000365 replacement gear kits on the shelf, and I pulled two gearboxes off machines earlier this week, so I thought I'd try my hand at rebuilding them and save...

Prolane damage

Can this be repaired?

LED Ball Lights

Made an LED conversion for A2's and Frameworx masks. It can also be modded for the Harmony masks to accept 2 x 5mm led's and/or a 12v supply. Once I'm happy with the performance/design...
                              Working...
                              X