Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• constant strike

hi gang, i had a machine doing a constant strike cycle. went though all the detector rod adjustments, i would get the 7 pin detect but nothing else, then adjust again got 10 pin nothing else. . replaced detector rod, still doing it,. i decided to watch the detector to see if i could see anything out of the ordinary. this is what i found.

IMAG0241.jpg

this is what was causing the constant strike problem, took it off, problem disappeared.
    does anyone know what this was for?

Thanks to monsta for helping me out as well

Mike

Hopefully not sticking my foot in my mouth [I think part of Thar very old auto out of rang ]
    by Brunswick's early michines
    [ steve will know ]

Comment

I think Brunswick scoring had something like that.
      Sometimes we have to do stuff to get by....Just go back and do it right when the "by" has passed!!

Comment

That is the cycle link, part number 17-204222-000. It is attached to the standing pin cam follower. It is used in conjunction with NPS relay to block out scissors during a foul for some Brunswick scoring systems. AS-80,90 and frameworks. I have never had one cause your problem, but I am knocking on wood as i type this. noticed link isn't even hooked up in picture?
        Last edited by JACKO; 08-15-2012, 10:01 PM. Reason: noticed something in picture after done typing.

Comment

Yep, I've found in the past that if the cycle link became unclipped at the bottom, some machines would detect strikes all the time. Not all machines, just some.

Comment

Hook it back up and you should be fine.
            I'm going fishing and camping!

Comment

We had them already installed but didn't use them on the extra machines we bought. I removed them since they're no use to us and they only clutter the detector.

Would love to see a close up of one connected and in use though.
              Factory & Converted A-2 (US, Ger, Jap)
              Comscore ECT, Matrix & DuoHD
              Walker B, Sanction Standard, Original K, Flex Walker & Ikon
              Kegel C.A.T.S

Comment

It is tough to get a picture of it in action because of where it hooks into the bottom of the detector, but here are a couple of pictures off a spare that I have that show how the link it hooked up at the bottom.

scoring link1.jpgscoring link2.jpg
                You don't have to be crazy to do this job...But it helps!

Comment

Thanks Cuda. What about up top? In Australia most centres don't have the NPS, or any other connections on the detector since most use Comscore, which doesn't support it.
                  Factory & Converted A-2 (US, Ger, Jap)
                  Comscore ECT, Matrix & DuoHD
                  Walker B, Sanction Standard, Original K, Flex Walker & Ikon
                  Kegel C.A.T.S

Comment

The top is just as it was shown in the pictures in the original post. There wasn't anything hooked onto the top. The NPS was hooked by a link, to the strike selector on the detector.
                    The NPS was used to automatically put the machine into second ball during no tap, if there was a foul, or for a fill ball in the 10th frame. It eliminated the need for the bowler to reset the machine themselves in those situations.

Comment

it is fairly common to have a pin jumper (i've even been guilty of this) to kick this link while climbing over the machine, causing it to come off the bottom. This is one of the 1st things i check when there is a detector issue, because it takes literally a second to check out.

Comment

The purpose of this link in my experience is to let the machine go into a 2nd ball cycle without the holding hook holding the deck up. On Brunswick's older scorers, the deck went down to count pins on second ball.
                        (Psalm 37:29) The righteous themselves will possess the earth, And they will reside forever upon it.

Comment

I had to stop one of my chaser from using it to put the machine back to first ball. I wondered why I was having so much trouble with them coming off and causing all sorts of trouble, not just constant strikes, but other false detections as well.

Comment

It is called Cycle Link. Its only purpose was to lock-out the scissors from closing during 1st ball standing pins cycle when the nps was energized if the foul light went off by a bowler..thats it! Only as-80..as-90..and frameworx used these in detectors. These are no longer needed with Vector scoring.

Comment

As far as i know Brunswick forgot to integrate the NPS function into the vector plus programing,
                              Making that cycle link useless with vector plus.

Making the bowlers haft to get used to pushing the reset again after that 3rd ball in the 10th frame.
                              Go with what works and not what the book says.

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                              widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Well this is a first.

We all from time to time have one of those “wow I’ve never seen THAT before” moments. Well today was one of those for me when my night tech texts me to say lane 16 is out...

Ball return wheel guide roller removal.

Hey guys, i could just use a bit of advice trying to get this part out, first time I've had to do one of these. I got it to move a few turns but its come to a point where it has...

Even old mechanics find something new.

All my years working on these things I never had this happen…… until last week. ...

82-90XL Frontend Gearbox Parts - Rebuild Woes

We have 5 of the 088000365 replacement gear kits on the shelf, and I pulled two gearboxes off machines earlier this week, so I thought I'd try my hand at rebuilding them and save...

Prolane damage

Can this be repaired?

LED Ball Lights

Made an LED conversion for A2's and Frameworx masks. It can also be modded for the Harmony masks to accept 2 x 5mm led's and/or a 12v supply. Once I'm happy with the performance/design...
                              Working...
                              X