Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lanes turning on when other lanes get turned on.

Collapse

Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lanes turning on when other lanes get turned on.

We had water damage through our roof over 8 of our A2 machines. The problem we are having is....when turning the switch on lane 14, for some reason lane 10 is powering up.... BUT Lane 14 will not power up. Some other lanes were turning on randomly as well. We have AMF accuscore xl scoring. And a few of the MI's did have water go onto them. We have not replaced those because they seem to be working. ANY HELP WOULD BE APPRECIATED!!!
    Support your local mom and pop shops!!!!
    www.dommsbowling.com

They are A's not A2's. My mistake
    www.dommsbowling.com

Comment

ON your curtain wall you will find a box with 8 weirs going to 9 -16 open cover check for condensation [?]

Comment

We eventually found it. There was a low voltage short.
        www.dommsbowling.com

Comment

GOOD DEAL

WARE WAS THE SHORT

Comment

We had new "Green" Lighting put in the entire place. One of their ladders must have smashed into the switches above the pin wheel in the back of the machine. The metal housing was dented in pretty good. One of the wires on the side of the switch was touching the metal housing. That is what caused the short....
            www.dommsbowling.com

Comment

that wood do it

Comment

That would explain how you got the 24v to ground on 14. But it doesn't solve your other issue of how lane 10 was getting the grounded 24v to the control circuit. The problem my not be present any more, but if there is another ground short on that bank then lane 10 will turn on again. It's already bypassing the managers control, so it may also bypass the jam switches. Disused strike light mercury switch connections at the detector have done this to me.

Just something to look into.
                Factory & Converted A-2 (US, Ger, Jap)
                Comscore ECT, Matrix & DuoHD
                Walker B, Sanction Standard, Original K, Flex Walker & Ikon
                Kegel C.A.T.S

Comment

Originally posted by JohnMart View Post
                  We had new "Green" Lighting put in the entire place. One of their ladders must have smashed into the switches above the pin wheel in the back of the machine. The metal housing was dented in pretty good. One of the wires on the side of the switch was touching the metal housing. That is what caused the short....
                  Had a similar situation when a managers toggle switch developed an internal short to ground, only found it when i took the switch out of machine to check it and problem went away. A real bear to find!
                  Brent V
                  Hi-tech Repairs-Duck tape & ty raps

Comment

Originally posted by Kanga View Post
                    That would explain how you got the 24v to ground on 14. But it doesn't solve your other issue of how lane 10 was getting the grounded 24v to the control circuit. The problem my not be present any more, but if there is another ground short on that bank then lane 10 will turn on again. It's already bypassing the managers control, so it may also bypass the jam switches. Disused strike light mercury switch connections at the detector have done this to me.

Just something to look into.
                    Had a shorted mercury switch on 16 blowing low voltage fuses on 10 couple years ago, luckily found it when i noticed 2nd ball light on 16 glowing slightly with both lanes off.
                    Brent V
                    Hi-tech Repairs-Duck tape & ty raps

Comment

Yes, we did have another problem at the time. Lane 14 was turning on 10 and we found the switch was the problem. At the time we could not get Lane 14 to fire up. Transformer was blown. Fixed that but couldn't get power still. The machine would hum, but we couldn't get the relay to suck in. After 2 days of looking for the problem, we found out that the relay in the junction box near the up front ball return was holding power down. Luckily we are back in business.....
                      www.dommsbowling.com

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                      widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Well this is a first.

We all from time to time have one of those “wow I’ve never seen THAT before” moments. Well today was one of those for me when my night tech texts me to say lane 16 is out...

Ball return wheel guide roller removal.

Hey guys, i could just use a bit of advice trying to get this part out, first time I've had to do one of these. I got it to move a few turns but its come to a point where it has...

Even old mechanics find something new.

All my years working on these things I never had this happen…… until last week. ...

82-90XL Frontend Gearbox Parts - Rebuild Woes

We have 5 of the 088000365 replacement gear kits on the shelf, and I pulled two gearboxes off machines earlier this week, so I thought I'd try my hand at rebuilding them and save...

Prolane damage

Can this be repaired?

LED Ball Lights

Made an LED conversion for A2's and Frameworx masks. It can also be modded for the Harmony masks to accept 2 x 5mm led's and/or a 12v supply. Once I'm happy with the performance/design...
                      Working...
                      X