Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Inner turret ring

I had to pull the turret assy off because all 5 bolts for the indexing cam were broken off. Since I haven't been able to get to bolts out(I've tried cutting a slot, heating it and screaming at it, and I still can't get them out), I tried another inner ring, but when I bolt it to the turret frame the spider binds. When I try my other inner ring, it binds when I tighten the seal retainer, then the inner ring binds. I'm pulling my hair out. What am I missing? Do I need to buy the turret ring and the upper and lower bearing rings as a set, or is that a myth? I hope someone can help.

So when you put the balls back did you leave a space open. If you put too many balls in you could have a bind. Just a thought.
    (Psalm 37:29) The righteous themselves will possess the earth, And they will reside forever upon it.

Comment

Yep. I've checked that all 7 times I taken this stupid thing apart. Actually, the initial time I took it apart, there was one bearing missing.

Comment

Originally posted by webee View Post
        Yep. I've checked that all 7 times I taken this stupid thing apart. Actually, the initial time I took it apart, there was one bearing missing.

Yes there should be one bearing missing!
        (Psalm 37:29) The righteous themselves will possess the earth, And they will reside forever upon it.

Comment

149 Bearings in the ring.
          B Mechanic Freeway Lanes of Parma
          42 Old Otis A's, Steltronic Scoring, Kegel ION Sport

Comment

Has 149 now, 148 when I first opened it.

Comment

Originally posted by Popeye View Post
              Yes there should be one bearing missing!
              one missing in each set [ inter and outer ] shud have a space about one bearing

Comment

If I have a new turret ring(inner) and used upper and lower bearing rings, could this cause the bind with the inner ring?

Comment

i am having the exact same issues here. went to rebuild a spider assembly and ive mixed/matched all kinds of parts and i still can't get it to work :/ gave up and rebuilt one from another turret i had yanked out and it works. i'll definitely be keeping an eye on this thread.
                  jsebeny1980@gmail.com | jsebeny <--YouTube | Cell: 309-275-2453

Comment

I can't TELL you how frustrated I am. In all of the turrets I've rebuilt, I've never had this happen.

Comment

im on my third spider rebuild since I got here we shall see if I have this problem pop up. 4 spare turrets for 10 lanes is over kill but the parts are here so im putting them together

Comment

The only thing I can think is maybe one or more of the bearing ring set is warped (12-860581). Or the spider ring could be warped.

Comment

It worked fine with the original turret ring, but as I stated earlier, I can't get any of the broken bolts out. One of them I can grab with vise grips, and still can't get it out.

Comment

Originally posted by wepauls View Post
                            one missing in each set [ inter and outer ] should have a space about one bearing
                            If by chance i assumed your using [ old + new parts ] is the reason for my [ STATEMENT ]
                            For the most part 149 barrings will work

Comment

It sounds like it's been thread locked. Heat up the area around the broken studs and try them then. Red thread lock comes loose at about 450 degrees.

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                              widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Well this is a first.

We all from time to time have one of those “wow I’ve never seen THAT before” moments. Well today was one of those for me when my night tech texts me to say lane 16 is out...

Ball return wheel guide roller removal.

Hey guys, i could just use a bit of advice trying to get this part out, first time I've had to do one of these. I got it to move a few turns but its come to a point where it has...

Even old mechanics find something new.

All my years working on these things I never had this happen…… until last week. ...

82-90XL Frontend Gearbox Parts - Rebuild Woes

We have 5 of the 088000365 replacement gear kits on the shelf, and I pulled two gearboxes off machines earlier this week, so I thought I'd try my hand at rebuilding them and save...

Prolane damage

Can this be repaired?

LED Ball Lights

Made an LED conversion for A2's and Frameworx masks. It can also be modded for the Harmony masks to accept 2 x 5mm led's and/or a 12v supply. Once I'm happy with the performance/design...
                              Working...
                              X