Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• chatter in the contactor

An owner from another center call and asked about one of his contactors opening and closing rapidly. I told him to start with the deck jam and turret jam micro switches. Is this good advise and what else could he check.
    I reject your reality and substatute my own. (MB)

Try changing the contactor that should take care of the problem.

Ron

Comment

that was the first thing he did sorry forgot to mention that. kind of important

Comment

Most of the time you only have to clean the contacts.
        I'm going fishing and camping!

Comment

Originally posted by sportlanes View Post
          Try changing the contactor that should take care of the problem.

Ron
          Originally posted by spencerbowl View Post
          that was the first thing he did sorry forgot to mention that. kind of important
          Since you already replaced the contactor I'd say the rectifier is bad.
          Go with what works and not what the book says.

Comment

There a couple of things that could cause this. First should be to see if the motor start relay is also pulling in and out as this relay is used to turn the motor contactor coil on. If the motor start relay is pulling in and out...looking through the low voltage circuit would be appropriate.

One question to ask is if this is a Japanese machine or an American machine. If a Japanese machine, check the 2 amp fuse for the high side. It is quite common to find the fuse blown and causing the motor contactor to chatter. This is due to a mistake in the Japanese wiring diagram and it being followed from time to time.

With that being said...this can also occur on some converted A-2's that have been converted to a Deltrol style contactor. Let us know what you find...
            TSM & TSM Training Development
            Main Event Entertainment
            480-620-6758 for help or information

Comment

I told him to change the rectifier. and it is an american A2. but I haven't herd bake from him yet. thanks a lot.

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
              widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Well this is a first.

We all from time to time have one of those “wow I’ve never seen THAT before” moments. Well today was one of those for me when my night tech texts me to say lane 16 is out...

Ball return wheel guide roller removal.

Hey guys, i could just use a bit of advice trying to get this part out, first time I've had to do one of these. I got it to move a few turns but its come to a point where it has...

Even old mechanics find something new.

All my years working on these things I never had this happen…… until last week. ...

82-90XL Frontend Gearbox Parts - Rebuild Woes

We have 5 of the 088000365 replacement gear kits on the shelf, and I pulled two gearboxes off machines earlier this week, so I thought I'd try my hand at rebuilding them and save...

Prolane damage

Can this be repaired?

LED Ball Lights

Made an LED conversion for A2's and Frameworx masks. It can also be modded for the Harmony masks to accept 2 x 5mm led's and/or a 12v supply. Once I'm happy with the performance/design...
              Working...
              X