Collapse

Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I need help blocking finger problems..

Ok I am stuck on a problem The right blocking finger will not go up to realease pins in deck from turret. ANYBody please tell me why this is an how to fix it? Thanks chris

If the long link was staying in the rear latched position the finger would remain down but it would set an empty deck. It could be out of adj. as the lever on the opposite end of the shaft may not be adj correctly for the pin on the moving deck cam follower arm to turn the shaft and raise the finger. Or one of the most common problems there is a spring from the collar that sits between the rh and lh finger and connects to the rh finger could be off or broken. Or your pinsetter could be stopping way below 0 but when it cycles the finger would raise.
    formerly dunsel
    ITS NOT HOW MUCH YOU KNOW ITS HOW MUCH YOU CARE!!!!!

Comment

Couple of things could cause this. First check foe excessive wear on the lever where the moving deck cam follower contacts it. Adj. number 44 in the service manual. another thing to check that is a common problem is the GB clutch adj. as the clutch facings wear out the machine begins to stop too early, that combined with a worn moving deck/ scissors cam can cause the blocking finger not to raise up until the machine starts its cycle. Remember the three things that need to happen before the turret can release pins are that the deck must be up (LH blocking finger) thr right hand blucking finger has the other two functions. The deck must be forward (moving deck cam follor must push the lever on the LH side of the turret cross shaft forward) The last thing that is required is for the deck to be empty (the turret long link has to be forward) when the turret indexes past the #5 pin the long ling is pushed rearward and latches in the rearward position. when the machine sets a new rack of pins a roller mounted on the deck lift shaft lifts the lever at the back of the long link and releases the long link letting it move back forward.

If that roller is missing the blocking finger doesn't raise
      if the lever is worn the blocking finger doesn't raise.
      If the clutch stops the machine the blocking finger won't raise, until the machine starts to cycle.

Hope these things can get you pointed in the right direction.
      Keep us posted on what you find!

Comment

The blocking finger wont rise at all up or down. Like its a bind or something how would i fix this im lost

Comment

have you done anything recently on this machine or did it just start acting up? i would look at the long link, make sure the rubber "pad" is in place and the metal "plate" behind it is in place and not bent/broken. check to see if the bolt that goes through the shaft (in between the blocking fingers) is in place. there's also a post on the inside of the full deck finger that could be missing. or like everybody else is saying, a missing spring somewhere in that area, or the lever that follows the moving deck cam post is worn or even behind the post. i like Peanut's mod for that using a 3/4" shaft collar with a 4.5" grade 8 bolt.
          jsebeny1980@gmail.com | jsebeny <--YouTube | Cell: 309-275-2453

Comment

No sat all summer.. not sure what is going on here

Comment

Look at the hub on the left hand side of the front interlock cross shaft. Be sure the hub lever is being pushed by the hub on the moving deck cam follower. This pressure is used to rotate the front interlock cross shaft. If the shaft does not rotate, the blocking finger can not be raised. Between the two blocking fingers, there is a collar. This collar is bolted directly to the front interlock cross shaft. The collar has a spring that connects the right hand blocking finger and the collar together. As the collar is rotated by the shaft (the shaft is rotated by the hub lever being pushed by the hub on the moving deck cam follower) the spring pulls on the right hand blocking finger to raise it up.

If you lower the deck to pin spotting height, you should be able to grab the hub lever on the left hand side of the front interlock cross shaft and pull it forward. You should be able to see the right hand blocking finger rise as you pull forward on the hub lever. The only other thing that could get in the way at this point would be the long link. There is a plate that is welded to the long link...it is used to keep the right hand blocking finger down when the deck is full. This plate should be in front of the bottom of the right hand blocking finger. I have seen the plate accidently get placed behind the bottom of the right hand blocking finger...usually after some kind of maintenance being done to the turret clutch. If you remove the lower guard from the turret while the deck is down spotting new pins, you can see how this works and possibly see what is causing the finger to not move.

Here is an image of the hub lever so you know what part I was referring to:

Another thing to lock at is the pin in the back of the right hand blocking finger. If the pin breaks off of the blocking finger, the collar can rotate too far causing the hub lever to miss the hub on the moving deck cam follower. The pin prevents the collar from moving the front interlock cross shaft too far which would allow for that issue...here is an image of that pin in the back of the blocking finger.

Hope this helps...let us know what you find.
              Last edited by Steve Stafford (JBEES); 09-09-2012, 02:17 PM.
              TSM & TSM Training Development
              Main Event Entertainment
              480-620-6758 for help or information

Comment

Steve I will be at lanes to tomorrow to look at. Thanks for insight. Is there a number I can get u at if u are available to go threw it with me while i am doing it? That is if u are free and would want to help.

Comment

Originally posted by Chrisator View Post
                  Steve I will be at lanes to tomorrow to look at. Thanks for insight. Is there a number I can get u at if u are available to go threw it with me while i am doing it? That is if u are free and would want to help.
                  Chris his phone# is under his signature line.
                  Go with what works and not what the book says.

Comment

If I don't answer...I am usually helping someone else...or asleep.
                    Main Event Entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Stafford (JBEES) View Post
                      If I don't answer...I am usually helping someone else...or asleep.
                      Brunsarious (God of Pinsetters) never sleeps! Just quick naps between phone calls and posts! lol
                      Thank You Steve for all you do!
                      jonesborobowl.com

Comment

Was just on the phone with Chris. His actual issue is with the fact that the deck will not lower to the floor to set pins...which does not release the long link because of not going to the floor. We found the deck lowering hook cam with a broken bolt. We are in the process of removing the bolts and cam to repair the problem. Ran into a stripped bolt on the cover plate for the eccentric so he is currently getting a Dremel to get the bolt out. Will keep you up to date as to how he is doing.
                        Main Event Entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Stafford (JBEES) View Post
                          Was just on the phone with Chris. His actual issue is with the fact that the deck will not lower to the floor to set pins...which does not release the long link because of not going to the floor. We found the deck lowering hook cam with a broken bolt. We are in the process of removing the bolts and cam to repair the problem. Ran into a stripped bolt on the cover plate for the eccentric so he is currently getting a Dremel to get the bolt out. Will keep you up to date as to how he is doing.
                          dang, never thought of that (deck going down to release the long link). good call! thanks for the update.
                          jsebeny1980@gmail.com | jsebeny <--YouTube | Cell: 309-275-2453

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                          widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Well this is a first.

We all from time to time have one of those “wow I’ve never seen THAT before” moments. Well today was one of those for me when my night tech texts me to say lane 16 is out...

Ball return wheel guide roller removal.

Hey guys, i could just use a bit of advice trying to get this part out, first time I've had to do one of these. I got it to move a few turns but its come to a point where it has...

Even old mechanics find something new.

All my years working on these things I never had this happen…… until last week. ...

82-90XL Frontend Gearbox Parts - Rebuild Woes

We have 5 of the 088000365 replacement gear kits on the shelf, and I pulled two gearboxes off machines earlier this week, so I thought I'd try my hand at rebuilding them and save...

Prolane damage

Can this be repaired?

LED Ball Lights

Made an LED conversion for A2's and Frameworx masks. It can also be modded for the Harmony masks to accept 2 x 5mm led's and/or a 12v supply. Once I'm happy with the performance/design...
                          Working...
                          X