Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deck Hook Adjustment

I have a deck hook that when you screw out both adjusting screws the hook stays in the high position and when I
    try to adjust the hook it will lower only when you turn the lower screw in first to where the edge is horizontal from
    the edge of the deck then you turn the upper screw in until it touches the pin which is ass backwards but it works.
    Anyone else ever had this problem?This may be the first FEMALE pinsetter I have ever encountered.

Ron

The only time I ever had a problem adjusting a holding hook is when the machine was not all the way to 0 deg. Does the sweep hook move slightly when you first cycle the machine? Just a thought.
    (Psalm 37:29) The righteous themselves will possess the earth, And they will reside forever upon it.

Comment

Popeye is right about machine being at 0 when doing this adj't. You should then back the bottom adjusting screw out 'til it's not affecting the height of the hook. Then use the top screw to adjust the hook to where it's 'sposed to be. Then screw the bottom screw in just to the point where you can see the hook begin to lower. This ensures no extra play in the operation of the hook.
      Last edited by Stripperbolt; 09-12-2012, 05:53 PM.
      It is wiser to find out than suppose.--Mark Twain

Comment

Screwing in upper to rase hook
        Screwing in lower to lower hook
        Last edited by wepauls; 09-12-2012, 09:04 PM.

Comment

Possible detector is one tooth off?
          I have seen this more times than I care to.....

Comment

The detector is timed right and the machine is a o degrees.The rake sweep hook does not move when it first recycles.Going fishing
            and will look at it next week. Wepauls this machine adjusts just the opposite.

Ron

Comment

Check both x-washer pins in both tubes and check the tubes to see if the long holes are worn in the corners. I've seen some where the x-washer pin had worn into the corner and got stuck there and wasn't able to adjust correctly.

Chip

Comment

Yeah, what Chip said. Your X-pins might have grooves worn in them and/or the control links slots could be worn badly which will affect the operation also.
                It is wiser to find out than suppose.--Mark Twain

Comment

unplug the power, and lock it out. i would check the control links, pins and x washers. another thing is to check the springs as well, they can break or jam up inside the link. they shouldnt be weak, and should have pressure against the x-pins. you say its at zero degrees, but is it at mechanical zero degrees?

Comment

The control pins,links,and x washers are all good.

Ron

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                    widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Well this is a first.

We all from time to time have one of those “wow I’ve never seen THAT before” moments. Well today was one of those for me when my night tech texts me to say lane 16 is out...

Ball return wheel guide roller removal.

Hey guys, i could just use a bit of advice trying to get this part out, first time I've had to do one of these. I got it to move a few turns but its come to a point where it has...

Even old mechanics find something new.

All my years working on these things I never had this happen…… until last week. ...

82-90XL Frontend Gearbox Parts - Rebuild Woes

We have 5 of the 088000365 replacement gear kits on the shelf, and I pulled two gearboxes off machines earlier this week, so I thought I'd try my hand at rebuilding them and save...

Prolane damage

Can this be repaired?

LED Ball Lights

Made an LED conversion for A2's and Frameworx masks. It can also be modded for the Harmony masks to accept 2 x 5mm led's and/or a 12v supply. Once I'm happy with the performance/design...
                    Working...
                    X