Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A-2 running alittle fast and rough

I noticed a machine tonight that seems to be running a tad bit too fast and too rough and I don't know why. When the deck comes down to detect standing pins, it really comes down faster than the other machines and it hits down on the pin heads very hard.

All the machines have the same pulley sizes and are running at a slower speed. This machine seems to be faster only when coming down to detect the standing pins. It's almost as if the deck is down on the pin heads before the rack is fully at the rake/guard position. The other cycles of the pin setter run at the same speeds as the other machines.

It might of been doing this for years, but I've just noticed it now.

Any ideas?

Check the deck lowering hook. It no doubt is missing the pin in the ears of the deck lift shaft and lowering on the scotch yoke or lowering link (depends on what style you have). This probably just started as if it had been doing this for some time, you would have had blackouts on it as it would lose the full deck signal when lowering during a strike.

Let us know what you find...
    TSM & TSM Training Development
    Main Event Entertainment
    480-620-6758 for help or information

Comment

It is a scotch yoke and I will get back to you in a few days after I get a chance to look at it again. It also at times has been dumping 10 on 10 at 180. This is something new its been doing in the last week. The 2nd 5 pin activates and the the deck sets and obviously blacks out on it's return back up. I am losing the full deck signal correct sir!!
      Last edited by KWagner; 09-16-2012, 09:43 PM.

Comment

As Steve said probably coming down on the yoke not the lowering hook. This would also cause a double dump every time there is a strike as it would come down low enough to unlock the long link.
        formerly dunsel
        ITS NOT HOW MUCH YOU KNOW ITS HOW MUCH YOU CARE!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by KWagner View Post
          I am losing the full deck signal correct sir!!
          Yep...
          Main Event Entertainment

Comment

I went in today and I could not find anything missing in the area of the deck lift rabbit ears. I looked at another lane and everything looks the same. Unless I am missing something I am not seeing here.

It appears the pinsetter does this intermittently. There are some cycles where it is slow and correct and others where it like I said comes down on standing pins too fast.

I will not be back at the center till Thursday so please send in more suggestions or even visuals of what I should be looking for.

Comment

It sounds like the machine is using the long stroke on the strike cycle and not the short stroke.

Ron

Comment

You should cycle pinsetter and see if the lowering hook is catching the deck lift shaft pin...If it does not then the deck is lowered with link or scotch yoke there fore the deck has to catch up to it and it falls for a bit, Thats why it looks fast...

Mike
                DO A NEAT CLEAN JOB, AND FIX IT RIGHT THE FIRST TIME. THE ONLY WAY TO WORK.

Comment

What is the adjustment or solution to the problem if I find what is wrong?

Comment

It could be the deck lowering hook adj. and possibly the eccentric adj but sometimes it is a lubrication problem, make sure the eccentric ring is lubricated and also use the oil hole on the side of the eccentric. On my A2s the lowering hook would jump about the time it was suppose to catch the pin to go down and miss it, this was solved by oiling all pivot points on the cam follower and linkages to the lowering hook. A sign of this doing this intermittantly will be the main frame in front of the lowering hook will get a dent from where the hook is jumping up hitting it. Sorry Steve !!!!!!!! please forgive my stupidity for not reading your post..
                    formerly dunsel
                    ITS NOT HOW MUCH YOU KNOW ITS HOW MUCH YOU CARE!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by RipOwens View Post
                      Sorry Steve !!!!!!!! please forgive my stupidity for not reading your post..
                      Not sure why you are apologizing...all is good.
                      Main Event Entertainment

Comment

Pretty much as ripowens stated
                        You will look to see if its getting caught on something or hitting side of deck lift shaft preventing it from grabbing pin on shaft.... along with the lubrication for eccentric as well......
                        The eccentric could be adjusted to high making it to short to grab pin on deck lift shaft...
                        You can check your deck height at 90 degree strike cycle look for 8-1/2 inches from bottom of scissor deck to pindeck
                        Also with deck at zero you could move lowering hook up and down to see if it hits deck lift shaft pin you should see something around 1/32 gap between edge of hook and pin i think i actually remember adjusting scotch yoke style box that way....
                        Hope this helps, let us all know
                        DO A NEAT CLEAN JOB, AND FIX IT RIGHT THE FIRST TIME. THE ONLY WAY TO WORK.

Comment

Also on the scotch yoke plate, check that the jacking bolt still has the block mounted to it. I have had the tip of the screw break off and the block (that contacts the lift pin) disappear - although if it breaks, this would be a constant problem. Have you checked the 2 to 1 stud bearing by actually removing it?

Marty - Pro Bowl West
                          56 Jap A-2's Qubica VDB's
                          2 Kustodian Walkers
                          http://s1196.photobucket.com/albums/aa408/a2mechanic

Comment

I oiled the eccentric yesterday and I'm not 100% sure if the machine got better after that intermittently but I did notice a change in the machine. When I go in Thursday I will re-oil the eccentric again and the lowering hook areas. I will look for the other suggestions on Thursday as well. Thanks again for the help!

Comment

i had the same problem. the yoke plate was bent and sometimes it pushed the short stroke out of the way

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                              widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Well this is a first.

We all from time to time have one of those “wow I’ve never seen THAT before” moments. Well today was one of those for me when my night tech texts me to say lane 16 is out...

Ball return wheel guide roller removal.

Hey guys, i could just use a bit of advice trying to get this part out, first time I've had to do one of these. I got it to move a few turns but its come to a point where it has...

Even old mechanics find something new.

All my years working on these things I never had this happen…… until last week. ...

82-90XL Frontend Gearbox Parts - Rebuild Woes

We have 5 of the 088000365 replacement gear kits on the shelf, and I pulled two gearboxes off machines earlier this week, so I thought I'd try my hand at rebuilding them and save...

Prolane damage

Can this be repaired?

LED Ball Lights

Made an LED conversion for A2's and Frameworx masks. It can also be modded for the Harmony masks to accept 2 x 5mm led's and/or a 12v supply. Once I'm happy with the performance/design...
                              Working...
                              X