Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gluing a carpet

I need to glue a new carpet onto a pit board. What kind of glue should. I was going to use Weldwood contact cement. Will this hold? Is there something better that I should use? Thanks.

Originally posted by webee View Post
    I need to glue a new carpet onto a pit board. What kind of glue should. I was going to use Weldwood contact cement. Will this hold? Is there something better that I should use? Thanks.
    I've used that glue with all the pit carpets I've ever put on and I think it works GREAT!... I put two coats on the carpet and on the board itself, making sure that the first coat is tacky if not almost dry by the time I apply the second. After the second coat is tacky to the touch, I usually give it a few pokes in different areas just to be sure. I line up the two pieces I'm gluing push out all the bubbles and ripples in the carpet then stack boxes of pins on top if it to apply pressure until the glue sets. I've been told that the pins aren't really needed by other people but I do it just to be safe
    "wiggle that wire see if it does anything"

Comment

http://www.bowltech.com/forums/showt...l=1#post402800
      Factory & Converted A-2 (US, Ger, Jap)
      Comscore ECT, Matrix & DuoHD
      Walker B, Sanction Standard, Original K, Flex Walker & Ikon
      Kegel C.A.T.S

Comment

Thanks Kanga and kyleBB

Comment

I too use the red can of weldwood. The green water-base/nonflammable will not hold up over time. I think most contact cements will work well, just don't use carpet glue! Carpet glue stays soft and the carpet may not stay in place. I have an employee who works with 82-70's at another one of our centers in town, and the first time he saw that it really was a piece of carpet on a piece of plywood, and not a transport band, he was adiment about using carpet glue!
          Last edited by mikeb; 09-19-2012, 11:19 AM.

Comment

Thanks for that info, mike. Someone did suggest carpet glue to me and that was why I posed the question on this site.

Comment

Thanks for that info, mike. Someone did suggest carpet glue to me and that was why I posed the question on this site.
              Commercial Carpet glue will not hold up to pinsetter usage

Comment

Originally posted by wepauls View Post
                Commercial Carpet glue will not hold up to pinsetter usage
                And it doesn't smell as good either !

Comment

Originally posted by jim_long View Post
                  And it doesn't smell as good either !
                  NO GETTING HI WITH THAT STUFF

Comment

Weldwood contact cement is the best for this application. Red can, not the green one. like others stated, the non-flammable doesnt hold up.

i suggest you do this outside, it is flammable and the fumes can lead you in a "altered" state

Comment

I agree with the red can. I like getting high with this stuff to make carpet replacement more enjoyable... hee hee LOL. Now that's funny, I don't care who you are!!!
                      I always wait until it is Dry to Touch before applying the carpet and board together.
                      "Efficiency is, doing better what is already being done!"
                      Pinsetter Technical Services 214-505-7663

Comment

Nice to see humor here. I have picked up a can of RED Weldwood contact cement, and will be doing it outside. The high is fun, but the headache afterward sucks....

Comment

Put glue on half the board and half the carpet. When glue is dry to the touch, line the carpet up on the non glue side and flip the the two glued sides together. Then apply glue to the other sides.
                          I'm going fishing and camping!

Comment

I always do it in thirds. Get the carpet lined up where you want it, then clamp 2 corners. That way after you apply the glue all you have to do is flip the carpet into place. No worry about having to pull it up and reposition it if you don't get it quite right the first time. And by doing it in thirds, you don't have as much problem with the glue drying on one part of it and still being wet on another when you put the carpet down.
                            You don't have to be crazy to do this job...But it helps!

Comment

The high is fun, but the headache afterward sucks....
                              Advil... before you start.. and hey wait a minute.....

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                              widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Well this is a first.

We all from time to time have one of those “wow I’ve never seen THAT before” moments. Well today was one of those for me when my night tech texts me to say lane 16 is out...

Ball return wheel guide roller removal.

Hey guys, i could just use a bit of advice trying to get this part out, first time I've had to do one of these. I got it to move a few turns but its come to a point where it has...

Even old mechanics find something new.

All my years working on these things I never had this happen…… until last week. ...

82-90XL Frontend Gearbox Parts - Rebuild Woes

We have 5 of the 088000365 replacement gear kits on the shelf, and I pulled two gearboxes off machines earlier this week, so I thought I'd try my hand at rebuilding them and save...

Prolane damage

Can this be repaired?

LED Ball Lights

Made an LED conversion for A2's and Frameworx masks. It can also be modded for the Harmony masks to accept 2 x 5mm led's and/or a 12v supply. Once I'm happy with the performance/design...
                              Working...
                              X