TOTY

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intermitent 180 stop

I need some help guys. I have a machine that all of a sudden over the last two weeks occasionally does not re-engage after 180. The deck is usually full when I go back for the call. Sometimes it will set a ghost rack of pins as well. Then after they reset the pinsetter it sticks at 180 and the deck is fulll.Ive adjusted the 180 interlock link, change the roller on the clutch lever made sure that the long link is 20 and 7/8 inches long. I just dont know what else to look for.

Check the stop collar dash pot adjustment. Make sure the clutch latch is latching under the clutch reset lever roller.

Comment

Originally posted by DLB2990 View Post
      I need some help guys. I have a machine that all of a sudden over the last two weeks occasionally does not re-engage after 180. The deck is usually full when I go back for the call. Sometimes it will set a ghost rack of pins as well. Then after they reset the pinsetter it sticks at 180 and the deck is fulll.Ive adjusted the 180 interlock link, change the roller on the clutch lever made sure that the long link is 20 and 7/8 inches long. I just dont know what else to look for.
      Have you checked the oil drip pan?

Make sure it's not wedged under the 180 link.
      Go with what works and not what the book says.

Comment

Originally posted by drhookmec View Post
        Have you checked the oil drip pan?

Make sure it's not wedged under the 180 link.
        That would be the first thing I would check

Comment

What is the position of the turret when the 180 stop occurs?
          Factory & Converted A-2 (US, Ger, Jap)
          Comscore ECT, Matrix & DuoHD
          Walker B, Sanction Standard, Original K, Flex Walker & Ikon
          Kegel C.A.T.S

Comment

Usually the deck is full and the position is always differnt. Im not running 21 pins because it will double dump because its losing its full deck signal when the deck is full

Comment

have you recently changed your short turrett belt?
              if u have change ur short turrett link.

Comment

made sure that the long link is 20 and 7/8 inches long.
                Where did you get this measurement? If this measurement is too short for the turret setup...it will not work. You should adjust the length to satisfy the setup.
                TSM & TSM Training Development
                Main Event Entertainment
                480-620-6758 for help or information

Comment

Thats just the measurement I was told to use. 20 and 7/8 to 21in on the long link.

Comment

Usually the deck is full and the position is always differnt. Im not running 21 pins because it will double dump because its losing its full deck signal when the deck is full
                    A double dump could be caused by a number of things. The easiest to find is watching the deck full blocking finger raising when the pinsetter cycles. This can be caused by the 5-pin probe pushing the blocking finger out of the way. The culprit is a weak (or wrong) spring on the long link.

Worst case is the deck lift shaft "bouncing" caused by broken bearings, broken or loose mounting screw, or wrong roller on the deck lift shaft bracket. Another problem could be caused by the probe on the turret. It's not pushing the linkage rearward far enough to latch.

Careful observation and knowledge of the sequence of events should find the problem.

Comment

I need some help guys. I have a machine that all of a sudden over the last two weeks occasionally does not re-engage after 180. The deck is usually full when I go back for the call. I just dont know what else to look for.
                      This sound to me like a broken RH/full deck blocking finger spring.
                      If that springs breaks the long link can fail to latch or possible slip off the latch.

Just something to check.
                      Go with what works and not what the book says.

Comment

ok this is now driving me crazy. Just when I think we figure it out it does it again. I did sit on it and notice the the deck lift shaft is really bouncing up and down alot more then Ive noticed before especially when it detects a 'X'. I told the other guy that works here about that and I got blew off and was told there is nothing wrong with the bearings and it wouldnt effect this problem anyways.

Comment

The plain oilite at the rear of the long link that's inside the roller that gets captured, can break and cause the long link to be released or not locked in the first place. Not an uncommon problem.
                          Factory & Converted A-2 (US, Ger, Jap)
                          Comscore ECT, Matrix & DuoHD
                          Walker B, Sanction Standard, Original K, Flex Walker & Ikon
                          Kegel C.A.T.S

Comment

I did sit on it and notice the the deck lift shaft is really bouncing up and down alot more then Ive noticed before especially when it detects a 'X'.
                            The bouncing deck lift shaft could cause all sorts of problems seemingly unrelated. It could cause detection problems. It could cause the pins to wobble when spotting or respotting. It could cause the full deck blocking finger to unlatch during a cycle. Remember, the detector operates from the positions of the deck during a cycle; and a bouncing deck lift shaft could send erroneous signals to the detector. If it was myself, I'd check it out as soon as possible.

I do not enjoy machine stops in the middle of a league or tournament; especially if I have a great game going.

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                            widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

MP Chassis Tester

Good morning,
                            I have built a tester for the MP Chassis for the 82-70 machines. Instead of using the cam switches
                            I am using relays. My question is to anyone that may...

Preventative Maintenance - As, Jets, A2s - LEDs

Those of you looking for new LED lighting ideas may want to check out this site. Lots of stuff.

www.ledsupply.com...

4:1 Timing off..

*sigh* Hello friends..

I had a 4:1 go bad and I've never seen or done one before. Trying to search the depths of the forums, YouTube videos, it didn't seem too bad....

Adapting the Bluffton end cap & terminal board kit to Franklin BE (and FE) motors.

Left a rant about this in the bowling forum…

I’ve already repaired a a number of Franklin FE motors using the Bluffton-style end cap and terminal board kit (090-004-582)....

Turret clutch rebuild

At what thickness do you replace the clutch face.
                            Is there a minimum dimension from the clutch face to the rivet.

Thanks...

Solderless relay conversion

Is anyone running the solderless relays on the accelerators? How do you like them? What brand? How difficult to convert was it? Would love the feed back as I'm about to switch...
                            Working...
                            X